Show off your Gear (Note: Any images posted here can be posted on @TheGoalNet Instagram)

Westcoast Tender

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

2S Pro gloves.

Haven't used Bauer gloves since my first set ever (One 55). 

Curious to see if these will be able to pull me away from my Warriors.

214410970_2SGloves.thumb.jpg.bac98126d541752029e7df0d0b8dc48f.jpg

It’ll depend on the level of shots you’re seeing. From my experience B league and up the Bauer does better but anything below it’s all Warrior. The Bauer just takes hard shots so much better

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, insertnamehere said:

Based on my experience with Bauer and Warrior, I'm gonna guess not. 

The feel test so far has my Warriors ahead, though there's a lot of years of familiarity working against the Bauers.  

13 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

It’ll depend on the level of shots you’re seeing. From my experience B league and up the Bauer does better but anything below it’s all Warrior. The Bauer just takes hard shots so much better

Well I'm heading to a drop in tonight and those may have one or two good shooters at best. At this point, it's just seeing how it all meshes with my gear and feels on the ice before I take into account performance. 

Blocker feels nice though. I'm genuinely curious to see if shots really do "pop off" of Bauers like people say.  

15 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

14 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

The feel test so far has my Warriors ahead, though there's a lot of years of familiarity working against the Bauers.  

Well I'm heading to a drop in tonight and those may have one or two good shooters at best. At this point, it's just seeing how it all meshes with my gear and feels on the ice before I take into account performance. 

Blocker feels nice though. I'm genuinely curious to see if shots really do "pop off" of Bauers like people say.  

100% agree with @ThatCarGuy on this one... the faster not only the shots are but generally the pace of play I find Bauers easier to use. It's when you get the off-speed pitch or shot from the point that defies physics and bounces off 3 guys before getting to you with little pace left on it that I would have trouble with them. 

14 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Can’t wait to hear the follow up on this

Blocker does in fact shoot rebounds off at a higher velocity. I'd say 20% or so. 

2 hours ago, BadAngle41 said:

100% agree with @ThatCarGuy on this one... the faster not only the shots are but generally the pace of play I find Bauers easier to use. It's when you get the off-speed pitch or shot from the point that defies physics and bounces off 3 guys before getting to you with little pace left on it that I would have trouble with them. 

Last night wasn't a great outing for testing, but I got a feel of the gloves at least. 

Can't say the catcher was my favourite piece of gear. Glove felt heavier than my GT2 and my hand felt less 'inserted' and locked in place. The break angle felt like it changed from when it was dry to the end of the 1.5 hour skate. I don't think I caught a puck clean that whole game, even in warm ups, but that was more user error than anything. 

Blocker felt fine enough. You can feel it's a stiffer board and there's a lot more material in palm where it kind of bunches up. Made me appreciate how connected you feel with a Warrior palm. 

I don't think I'm ready to take these into a game any time soon, but I'm still going to give them a fair shake and not immediately dismiss them. 

But so far my Warriors are vastly preferred. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Blocker does in fact shoot rebounds off at a higher velocity. I'd say 20% or so. 

Last night wasn't a great outing for testing, but I got a feel of the gloves at least. 

Can't say the catcher was my favourite piece of gear. Glove felt heavier than my GT2 and my hand felt less 'inserted' and locked in place. The break angle felt like it changed from when it was dry to the end of the 1.5 hour skate. I don't think I caught a puck clean that whole game, even in warm ups, but that was more user error than anything. 

Blocker felt fine enough. You can feel it's a stiffer board and there's a lot more material in palm where it kind of bunches up. Made me appreciate how connected you feel with a Warrior palm. 

I don't think I'm ready to take these into a game any time soon, but I'm still going to give them a fair shake and not immediately dismiss them. 

You'll just never let go of that Fisher Price toy.

1 hour ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Or maybe I just need INT internals for my baby hands. 

Looking through this thread and my hand is only slightly bigger than @mr_shifty1982 's. I honestly wonder if this is why most gloves feel off to me. >_> 

30 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Or maybe I just need INT internals for my baby hands. 

Looking through this thread and my hand is only slightly bigger than @mr_shifty1982 's. I honestly wonder if this is why most gloves feel off to me. >_> 

Bro, it's as baby as they come...sausage Polish fingers from my dad side lol. 

Is your toy an intermediate palm?

I have large palms but shorter slim fingers. I too feel a close connection with my GT2s. The JRZ/Bauer 9000 Pro-return Budaj catcher I tested felt good putting on but it did feel limited and chunky and much heavier. Definitely a smaller palm and basket feel to it.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, RichMan said:

I have large palms but shorter slim fingers. I too feel a close connection with my GT2s. The JRZ/Bauer 9000 Pro-return Budaj catcher I tested felt good putting on but it did feel limited and chunky and much heavier. Definitely a smaller palm and basket feel to it.

Forgot to mention...the matching JRZ blocker was a dream though.

1 hour ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Leg pads came in. Half tempted to try them out in a game tonight. 

20220610_115140.thumb.jpg.2de72b5c4e93c6709651d6ab11ad99cb.jpg

Do it. Slide across the whole zone and get icing calls off rebounds.

Btw the pads are also meant to sit kind of low on the skate as most absurdly stiff pads do even when worn tight.

(Kidding on the sliding of course. It's good but nothing will be that good)

• Like 1

On 6/8/2022 at 1:24 AM, ThatCarGuy said:

agree with you. after some time of use, tonight I encountered a very strong shooter and my blocker 1S sent his shot to the side. weaker shots from other skaters do not even reach the face-off point in the circle

14 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

Got these a couple weeks ago...25", P34 with sloped shoulders

Just need SkinFx to finish my mask so I can stop looking like I just got traded lol

image.png.b18cd1178a7c53c77430e2c4643b6c7f.png

Any pictures of these next to a warrior 25 with regular shoulders would be greatly appreciated