Show off your Gear (Note: Any images posted here can be posted on @TheGoalNet Instagram)

Westcoast Tender

21 minutes ago, Oshnatour said:

I Just had Dom do a mold of my face a few months ago and I'm on the face on which shell shape I want made. Which shape is this, do you have any insight on what I should go for? Looks awesome btw I love wind waker!

Nice, Dom is the best.

This is the original shape.  I have 1 with the original Vapor ear cutouts from when he was affiliated w/Bauer.  I think it works best for me as he tends to put thicker foam in the 961 style shell; I don't like how much cage I see with it so I've stuck with what works.

I think these are the options you have, @SaveByRichter35 may know of more:

• +/- to chin length
  • Opened up vision area behind cage
  • + padding (cheeks and forehead)
  • Chin sling or cup
  • Cage (approved/cateye (double or single thick), Tribar)
  • Vent hole shape (round, teardrop, triangle(?))
  • Strapping (sewn, harness, clips)
  • Like 1

To add to the list...

1) White, black, stainless or gold cage (think Tuuka).

2) As far as I know the "Pro's Choice" and the "Velocity" are the same shell shape (what used to be the "Vapor" in the Bauer days - think Khabibulin/Khudobin/Tuuka) while the "Vision" is the 961 flavored shape (Allen/Howard/Markstrom and pretty much every other PC in "The Show").

3) He used to have foam options but I believe now he's just down to a rubatex looking tan foam. That's been for quite awhile at least.

For what its worth - as a guy that owns both the Vapor era PC (I went with no ear holes for paint) and a "Vision" I would echo what @Chenner29 said about fit and getting closer to the cage. The bend on the center bar of the 961 is definitely more pronounced and the foam is definitely thicker to the point where I never really got used to it coming from (2) of the Vapors. Hope this helps.

@Chenner29 and @chile57 pretty much covered everything.  His website isn't the best to be honest so you were definitely better off asking for confirmation.

• There other color options for the cage but they do cost extra. 
    • Be forewarned that if you do go with a Tricat cage you're pretty much locked into that cage going forward due to the location of the holes that are drilled into the shell for the cage clips.  I was able to get a double wide flat bar, similar to a Sportsmask cage, but he doesn't always have them.  I needed a new cage a few months ago and he couldn't get any flat bars.
  • Chenner had a "?" for triangular holes, he will do it, I have them on mine.  
  • Foam is just his tan foam.  He doesn't offer the Croc foam anymore.  His foam is amazing though.  So soft, supple, comfortable, and it doesn't get hard over time.

I have never worn one of his newer Vision/960 masks so I cannot speak to the difference in fit.  However, my mask is a 2010/2011ish shell so I assume that is the original shell.  I don't remember which year he became affiliated with Vaughn and introduced the new shell.  The fit is very close to the cage, I love it.  Way better fit than my Harrison shell Protechsport mask.  it always bugged me that my face sat further back from the cage in that mask.

New to me gloves. Warrior G4Pro, glove is with 75deg palm.

DSC_0808_12x9.thumb.jpg.bf48b24aae5a70da41f607320c159cba.jpg

Got them for reasonable price with some repairs to do. I actually thought these would be worse than they appeared.

This is third pair of Warrior gloves for me and yet I've not liked them but since the last pair it's about three years now and my game has changed in that time. So it's time to give these a chance once again.

But before real world tests there will be repairs and washing. As these are pretty common gloves these days, is there something specific I should go through when I refurbish these? I'll start the topic in Mods area so leave your comments there. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Just a reminder as well, konekt may be the big release for today but true hzrdus goalie sticks are out as well. 

Wonder if manufacturers are ever gonna plan release days like they do in the film/movie industry

Would make sense, as buyers only have X amount to spend a given month on gear

12 hours ago, seagoal said:

Is that a long cut on the blocker sidewall?

It is just graphic "triangle" in same color. 

9 hours ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

How is the pro clam closing? Like butter?

Surprised on the 2 piece 

It is not even broken in, still not easy to close (Pro palm). Gloves have puck marks, but otherwise are like new (back side, inside..)  

I think that 2 piece is from his Vaughn days, Gibson is known for not changing his gear much. Looks to me same year after year, just small graphic changes. I like 2 piece gloves, so it is fine.  

Edited by mik
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Learned today my Mach set is still another 2 to 3 weeks out. I ordered on May 25th. Training camp is gonna be interesting. I’m considering ordering an Axis 2 set out of spite but it wouldn’t be here til November ish

Mine recently got pushed back as well... I ordered mine on June 17th and but I have a Ship Date (from Bauer) of Sept 7th.  

4 hours ago, wvuviv30 said:

Mine recently got pushed back as well... I ordered mine on June 17th and but I have a Ship Date (from Bauer) of Sept 7th.  

To rub salt in the wound a customer’s bauer set that was ordered on may 25th as well just arrived today. I didn’t do digiprint or anything different to the set just colors 

@southpawtendy48 bummer - that sucks. Every time I've gone through the trouble of doing a mold I've always done at least two juuust in case: lost, broken, not suitable for the mask maker, etc. And for what its worth - I'd much rather a mold get lost on the front end than a completed mask on the back end. Hope it all works out. What'd you go with on your future PC? Or TBD?

FD01FF70-8B06-4C33-833E-A757FC79DCEA.thumb.jpeg.70327963c546e03a360b0b95c490958a.jpeg

2-3 more weeks my ass. Got here two days ago with a bunch of my other stuff and my manager never told me since he’s not too fond of me. 

For those wondering the only differences I got vs stock was nylon lace pocket, long boot strap on a small pad, skate lace toe, and stiff boot angle

Edited by ThatCarGuy
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1