Show off your Gear (Note: Any images posted here can be posted on @TheGoalNet Instagram)

Westcoast Tender

37 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I feel like we already have the sacrificial lamb of a team to don these colours. 

Buoy1.thumb.png.99a25a9038c07d62c8a2808627107e25.png

Nah, that's too aqua marine aquarium sea foamy colors.....baby blue/navy blue/white or baby blue/black/white is way stronger and cooler.

I like our colors, don't get me wrong, but i like Maine/Milwaukee better.

Full-time purple is missing, too.

Edited by seagoal

1 hour ago, seagoal said:

Nah, that's too aqua marine aquarium sea foamy colors.....baby blue/navy blue/white or baby blue/black/white is way stronger and cooler.

I like our colors, don't get me wrong, but i like Maine/Milwaukee better.

Full-time purple is missing, too.

I feel like you'd be able to see the difference in colour between the maple leafs and lightning jerseys 😂

• Haha 1

Just placed an order for the new chesty and pants. My current Browns are still in quite good shape but I want to try something lighter and more mobile this time. Hopefully this also helps with the issues of getting older and slower. 😁

My specs for the chesty

- Size L
- Extra reinforcements to arms and shoulders
- Suspender guides

- Fight strap 
- Custom colors

Pants

- Size 3XL
Extra reinforcements to thighs
- Primo lower edge
- Custom colors

Optik 2 housut1.jpg

Optik 2 panssari1.jpg

• Like 4

My two most recent (but not really, just never got around to using them due to a 9 month hiatus)

Another B7800. My last one was a Matt Hackett pro return from his wild days. Got me from middle school all the way to my first collegiate game for a mere $175 barely used on ebay. This one is exactly the same as the last, but with a different color/graphic. Next to it is a rabbit themed practice jersey made by the bunnyman himself that he sent me last fall. Not sure if I should hang it up or use it. 

B7800 HOSS.jpeg

• Like 1

If you told me even just 2 years ago that a family would have a copy of my helmet made because they loved it so much I’d say you were full of shit but yet here we are

EDEBE0F5-E334-43CF-ABB1-C6C1E4E18A55.thumb.jpeg.90ada903a1de98e30f152e5e82174baa.jpeg
For as little playing time as I get it’s absolutely mind blowing to see this happen especially in a league like the NA3

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

I had a dream I was trying on a pair of new Bauer pads in a bedroom of a house I haven’t lived in since 2013 (Three houses since.) They were white based with orange highlights. Velcro strapping only. I liked them and commented that they were softer than I expected. They were 34”

I don’t know if this means something87DBBFB5-2C77-437C-B29E-81992FCC2D38.jpeg.d97fd896edfb3a249d18a4eaf7aa399e.jpeg

7 minutes ago, WillyGrips13 said:

I had a dream I was trying on a pair of new Bauer pads in a bedroom of a house I haven’t lived in since 2013 (Three houses since.) They were white based with orange highlights. Velcro strapping only. I liked them and commented that they were softer than I expected. They were 34”

I don’t know if this means something87DBBFB5-2C77-437C-B29E-81992FCC2D38.jpeg.d97fd896edfb3a249d18a4eaf7aa399e.jpeg

*cough*

*cough* 

20 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Sad to see you go mon ami. Enjoy the retired life. 

Thanks amigo.  In truth I've been gone for awhile, I haven't been on the ice in six months.  At least selling the gear will allow me to pick up some forward stuff and be around the game again, even if it's not in net.  

I actually just sent my MRI, X-Rays, and PT notes to Dr. Bryan Kelly at the Hospital for Special Surgery in New York - he's the same guy who did Demko's surgery.  I feel zero pain or restriction in my hips most of the time now that I'm not playing anymore, but I still have some moments here and there where things get pinchy and don't feel quite right.  They'll probably tell me it's not worth having surgery to revive a beer league goaltending career, and I'd agree, but I also want to get their opinion on whether or not I'm maybe accelerating the wear and tear on my hips leading toward arthritis and ultimately replacements if I don't have the arthroscopic procedures done.  I'd rather do it now at 36 than wait until I'm too old for it to be successful.

• 2 weeks later...

Halfway into my third season with el cheapo Bauer GSX, still holding up like a champ. Got my hands on a decal kit to freshen it up. No I won't clean my puck marks. Pleasantly surprised they have lasted this long despite being such a low cost pad with lots of nylon instead of "better" materials. Seal and slide well still for standard jenpro. 

Got my G3 Sr catcher/blocker back in 2016, aside from changing the blocker liner (G5 liner fits) back in spring. (Had the matching pads up until summer 2021 but wanted to downsize and I've been very happy with the Bauer pads)

Everything has been going strong, despite playing 2-3x a week on average over that timeframe. 

PXL_20221120_035403765.jpg

Edited by Kayen
  • Like 3