Show off your Gear (Note: Any images posted here can be posted on @TheGoalNet Instagram)

Westcoast Tender

8 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Finally caught up to the new and improved 2010 specs eh? :P 

These look like V5's. 

LoL yep!  I'm stubborn when it comes to change.  When I asked a few guys about these pads they said they feel similar to V5s which is what I was looking for.  

• Like 1

Figured I would share a photo of what I am currently using, taken in none other than my storage closet of a student apartment! Now onto my second Velocity 5 blocker and another iteration of my Velocity 4 leg pads with Velocity 5 sliding surface, Jimmy Howard leg channel (at least that's what they used to call it on the GSBB) and the quick slide material. (yes, those are toe buckles) If I could get a 580 glove in California Tan, I'd be all set but until then, I will roll with the mismatched glove look. 

institutional setup.jpeg

Edited by bildeer
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, bildeer said:

Figured I would share a photo of what I am currently using, taken in none other than my storage closet of a student apartment! Now onto my second Velocity 5 blocker and another iteration of my Velocity 4 leg pads with Velocity 5 sliding surface, Jimmy Howard leg channel (at least that's what they used to call it on the GSBB) and the quick slide material. (yes, those are toe buckles) If I could get a 580 glove in California Tan, I'd be all set but until then, I will roll with the mismatched glove look. 

institutional setup.jpeg

Oldest young dude on this forum.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, bildeer said:

institutional setup.jpeg

Ask Vaughn for a v9 xp 70 degree😉

2 hours ago, bildeer said:

I'm assuming you've been able to use both. How similar are they? Only ever used a couple 580's and a Vaughn T7600 a very long time ago. 

I haven’t personally had both on my hand but I know someone who has. Obviously not identical but supposedly closer than anyone else’s attempt at a 580. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Bmats30 said:

This mask is sick! Is this model a special order/request? I did not see it on their site. 

It seems that currently that model can be found only on the Finnish site: https://www.wallmask.fi/tuote/wall-w90s/

W90s was published last summer and it has been a huge hit especially in Finland. I guess they just have forgotten to add it also to the English site because I have heard that they have been extremely busy lately.

While I placed an order for a custom goalie set in April 2022, I really wished that I could have ordered a True L12.2 blocker and catcher set. (Custom orders for True were closed at that time, as most of us may recall.)

I've long had a Canadian-made 590 catcher on my wish list, and even more so when True offered production slots to the general public from the Lefevre factory in Quebec. They even had the bronze color that I wanted to match my Edmonton Oilers set, so I asked my local hockey store United Sport & Cycle to add my name to the wait list.

In September 2022, I got a call asking if I still wanted to order True gloves because they were provided a small window of production slots. (And yes, this was just weeks before Catalyst PX3 became available, though there's been no mention of any significant change to the gloves for that line.)

Already prepared from many hours on the True customizer, I submitted my specs on September 15, 2022. The gear was shipped out on October 31, 2022, and I picked them up on November 5, 2022.

483212397_Truegloves01.thumb.jpg.10064bd42af9c81876ad3aadbebbe9b6.jpg

1256380276_Truegloves02.thumb.jpg.ed73dfd31ff237c08eb13111d8bf88e3.jpg

Blocker: medium size, half cuff, 595 face edge, Suregrip material, centered position, tight hand fit, straight index protection.

Catcher: 590, pro palm, double tee pocket, Suregrip material, webbing strap.

251733610_Truegloves04.thumb.jpg.deca33ca37c170f65100f0bf3f317608.jpg

I had to wait until I finished a special photo shoot before I could get on the ice with them 😁.

413785819_Truegloves03.thumb.jpg.3cdce0f28efb43a15cf3b58a4ace0584.jpg

Edited by Lemieux
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, chile57 said:

So - pardon my ignorance - in house "brand"? Looks very Boddom-esque for sure or similar to some of the Simmons offerings. Enjoy!

As @ThatCarGuymentioned, they are made by Toronto Hockey Repair (THR) who has a goalie department called Goalie Heaven which makes the pads in house and calls them Arcadi.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/9/2023 at 3:10 PM, ThatCarGuy said:

I don’t know where the seller even got this but I was able to snag a brand new koho 580 off SidelineSwap. Still has new gear smell

A29A1333-4CEA-4909-87EF-8C711ADD337D.thumb.jpeg.8b11b41bf0331a3ac7408413396e5b48.jpeg

I’ve been debated getting the full right one some guy has had up for ages. Hasn’t dropped the price at all, I get its brand new but its from the 90s. Dude acts like original lefevre gear is an investment

• Haha 1

Right colors and I do love the VE8, it just is the right of everything. So they say this is something else while the same and a mix of a VE8 and PVE? What.

And as I have a SLR2 blocker in these colors that I like more than the VE8 blocker I thought there would be a decent pair then.

DSC_1191.thumb.JPG.ae08c1d77ee58f31f98b5729c06fe008.JPG

And for real it was just pure interest of what have they done differently. And I do love the VE8 so hopefully this will be a close call.

Edited by ArdeFIN
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

I’ve been debated getting the full right one some guy has had up for ages. Hasn’t dropped the price at all, I get its brand new but its from the 90s. Dude acts like original lefevre gear is an investment

A couple years ago, guys were getting crazy payouts on their 90s era gear in one of the vintage goalie gear groups on Facebook. 
Like, over $500 on Koho 500s