Show off your Gear (Note: Any images posted here can be posted on @TheGoalNet Instagram)

Westcoast Tender

1 hour ago, Chenner29 said:

You chirped my beloved L-shaped 580 in another thread so I'll take this opportunity to clap back at you here re: this weird lobster claw feeling glove

Absolutely love this weird lobster claw glove. Decided to go for the 6.1 blocker and 6.0 glove. Not sure how I feel about some other specs I picked but I’ll have to try them on ice

15 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Absolutely love this weird lobster claw glove. Decided to go for the 6.1 blocker and 6.0 glove. Not sure how I feel about some other specs I picked but I’ll have to try them on ice

You didn't go for the available calf wrap changes did you? Those seemed so weird on the G6 line. 

If I was sticking with Warrior, I'd be doing the same gloves too. The thicker board Warrior had on the G5's was not good. lol

4 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

You didn't go for the available calf wrap changes did you? Those seemed so weird on the G6 line. 

If I was sticking with Warrior, I'd be doing the same gloves too. The thicker board Warrior had on the G5's was not good. lol

Had the first skate with them today and they’re not bad at all. Blocker is comparable to bauer and glove I prefer to bauer. The pads I did order short and narrow calf wrap. Should’ve gone short inside calf wrap and then long and wide calf wrap on the outside. I’ll probably ditch the boot strap since it’s annoying to take on and off due to how small the buckle is

7 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Had the first skate with them today and they’re not bad at all. Blocker is comparable to bauer and glove I prefer to bauer. The pads I did order short and narrow calf wrap. Should’ve gone short inside calf wrap and then long and wide calf wrap on the outside. I’ll probably ditch the boot strap since it’s annoying to take on and off due to how small the buckle is

RPReplay_Final1686075243.mov 12.63 MB · 0 downloads  

Sliding looks weak 

46 minutes ago, Wonder35 said:

Welcome to the Dark Side where we stand up, let the puck hit our pads, play our angles and don't drop into prayer mode on every shot .... :thumbup:

It's funny how things come full circle. 

Coaching in the late 90s went from "meet the shot on your feet" to "slide and make it hit you" and now we're back to "meet the shot on your feet"

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

Is it weird that I want my pads to slide less these days

Not at all! My next game tomorrow I’m going to try the pads without the slide plates. The plates do allow me to play roughly a foot farther out than I normally do because I’m able to slide fast enough to get to back door shots. That said I was unable to do knee shuffles, struggled to keep 5 hole closed because my knees would slide apart, and occasionally over slid on rebounds. Also considering doing dual toe ties using skate lace as a limiting strap and stock ARS straps for rotation

Edited by ThatCarGuy

11 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Not at all! My next game tomorrow I’m going to try the pads without the slide plates. The plates do allow me to play roughly a foot farther out than I normally do because I’m able to slide fast enough to get to back door shots. That said I was unable to do knee shuffles, struggled to keep 5 hole closed because my knees would slide apart, and occasionally over slid on rebounds. Also considering doing dual toe ties using skate lace as a limiting strap and stock ARS straps for rotation

I'm kind of in the same boat with PPF on my Trues.  Found I'm slightly overturning my pivots from my knees.  Ended up taking off the PPF on calf and am debating removing it at the knees too

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

7 minutes ago, Chenner29 said:

I'm kind of in the same boat with PPF on my Trues.  Found I'm slightly overturning my pivots from my knees.  Ended up taking off the PPF on calf and am debating removing it at the knees too

Sounds like a skill issue fellas. 

What is the saying? 

Oh right: "Git Gud". 

2 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

I’m hoping removing the plates in addition to adding a calf pillow will further help pad stability. 

• 2 weeks later...