Show off your Gear (Note: Any images posted here can be posted on @TheGoalNet Instagram)

Westcoast Tender

10 minutes ago, Hills said:

Are the GNetik 2's? What is the thigh rise on those and are they stiff?

Finally, interesting strapping on them, I wonder if CCM copied you for the Premier pad haha.

Well... My pads have evolved. I should probably write an article about updating vs replacing pads... 

Here's the cliff notes:

As ordered 

• 35+2 GNetik 1
  • 3-3-2
  • No smart strap
  • leather strap to top calf, 2 calf, 1 boot 
  • leave smart strap calf lock velcro for knee lock elastic 

Currently

• Removed Brian's knee cradle
  • Monster knee blocks with maltese gel - sewn in 
  • added smart toe 
  • removed 2nd calf strap
  • removed boot strap 

If I had to do it over, I would have just ordered the smart strap and a stiffer thigh break. The technology was new at the time. Most of the pros hadn't switched yet and I was convinced that elastic strapping was a fad. I planned to keep these pads for a long time, so i error-ed on the side of caution with the leather straps

with that said, my current set up is unreal. Slide better than stock and the extra tall thigh rise seal is perfect 

On 3/7/2017 at 7:20 PM, cwarnar said:

You can really notice it here

The knee rolls seem narrow too, the inner landing area looks really rounded, and the boot looks very tapperrd. This is why Passau seemed odd to me... too many different shapes going on. 

2 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Is there anyone else besides Quick and Ward?  For some reason Subban comes to mind too.

I think they did have Subban for a bit. They also had Chris Mason & Tim Thomas . 

They seemed to come out of no where to me, have 3 guys win the Smyth wearing their masks and then they didn't market too aggressively after that.

From GSBB posting memory, great masks 

On ‎2017‎-‎03‎-‎07 at 11:40 PM, TheGoalNet said:

The knee rolls seem narrow too, the inner landing area looks really rounded, and the boot looks very tapperrd. This is why Passau seemed odd to me... too many different shapes going on. 

These are areas that have multiple options for the customer.

Flat faced, flat knee rolls, rounded knee rolls; side roll can be angled or square (above is a like a rounded, square); various degrees of boot taper.

I believe the landing area is a little more square than before.

Passau's website pictures are very recent. Their Instagram and Facebook accounts are more up to date.

Cedric

23 minutes ago, cedric35 said:

These are areas that have multiple options for the customer.

Flat faced, flat knee rolls, rounded knee rolls; side roll can be angled or square (above is a like a rounded, square); various degrees of boot taper.

I believe the landing area is a little more square than before.

Passau's website pictures are very recent. Their Instagram and Facebook accounts are more up to date.

Cedric

Yes, I am in agreement. The new gear I see looks better. I am sure the old stuff performed well, I just found them to look a little quirky. 

Tim is supposed to post on here, but I have not seen him yet 

3 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Yes, I am in agreement. The new gear I see looks better. I am sure the old stuff performed well, I just found them to look a little quirky. 

Tim is supposed to post on here, but I have not seen him yet 

Tim is taking a couple weeks off. I was in the middle of ordering pads with him and was transferred over to a different rep.

On 2017-03-09 at 8:54 PM, TheGoalNet said:

Sportmask intrigues me. They got a few pros in a hurry and then not much marketing / growth / new models since then 

Why mess with success.  I have three of them and I still use 2 of my T-3s from 2007 and 08.  Quality product that protects well.  The X8 came out a couple of years ago as a new model.  I won't trust anything else on my head but I've been using his masks since he first started in his "toolshed".  LoL.    

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gasman said:

Why mess with success.  I have three of them and I still use 2 of my T-3s from 2007 and 08.  Quality product that protects well.  The X8 came out a couple of years ago as a new model.  I won't trust anything else on my head but I've been using his masks since he first started in his "toolshed".  LoL.    

Welcome Gasman! Thanks for being here 

• Like 1