Show off your Gear (Note: Any images posted here can be posted on @TheGoalNet Instagram)

Westcoast Tender

Just pulled the trigger on a pair of 1x skates off sideline swap. They looked to be in decent shape with new steel and at the price I figured I may as well give this whole cowlingless deal a shot. Hopefully these work out as I seem to be chasing the perfect skates lately and it’s been going poorly. 

37 minutes ago, wox33 said:

Just pulled the trigger on a pair of 1x skates off sideline swap. They looked to be in decent shape with new steel and at the price I figured I may as well give this whole cowlingless deal a shot. Hopefully these work out as I seem to be chasing the perfect skates lately and it’s been going poorly. 

I would highly recommend investing in Bauer speed plates for them.  You can get the insoles and skates baked at the same time.  Since I did that with my X900’s they’re the best skates I’ve ever owned 

2 hours ago, cwarnar said:

I would highly recommend investing in Bauer speed plates for them.  You can get the insoles and skates baked at the same time.  Since I did that with my X900’s they’re the best skates I’ve ever owned 

I was actually looking into those today. I usually use the high arch ccm footbeds but the speed plates looked interesting. Anyone know if there’s a difference between the originals and the new ones?

22 minutes ago, wox33 said:

I was actually looking into those today. I usually use the high arch ccm footbeds but the speed plates looked interesting. Anyone know if there’s a difference between the originals and the new ones?

I had medium CCM footbeds spin my previous reactors and then moved them to my X900s.  My feet were killing me.  The cowlingless skates have a different pitch.  Zero issues since moving the speed plates.

as for the differences:

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the info. Luckily I have about a hundred bucks worth of rewards to goalie monkey so I may pick a pair of those up depending on how the skates look when they get here. The Vertexx holders showed some wear in the pics so I may need to replace those first. 

3 hours ago, motowngoalie said:

Holy crap! I placed my order for G4's on Saturday, 2 days later look what shows up on their IG:

pads.png

What?? That’s incredible lol. I placed my order Dec. 21st. and haven’t seen them yet. Maybe warrior didn’t like my custom colors as much as yours haha. 

It is a sick set though!!

Edited by nocluehalo