Show off your Gear (Note: Any images posted here can be posted on @TheGoalNet Instagram)

Westcoast Tender

17 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Gotcha.  I wasn't a fan of the Quick pattern either, I had it on my Swager Pros.  I have the Mrazek on my CR1s, I've been wanting to try the Bishop as well.  

Bishop is almost a pitching wedge.  Lots of lift and it bananas pretty good on the toe.  I love it.

4 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Gotcha.  I wasn't a fan of the Quick pattern either, I had it on my Swager Pros.  I have the Mrazek on my CR1s, I've been wanting to try the Bishop as well.  

4 hours ago, seagoal said:

Bishop is almost a pitching wedge.  Lots of lift and it bananas pretty good on the toe.  I love it.

Used a Bishop growing up back when it was called the Backstrom and loved it. Barely had to load up on the pass and it would go to the ceiling. Not the best blade to ice contact while in butterfly but it did its job. 

39 minutes ago, lummy31 said:

Looking good Dave. How are you liking vs Optiks?

After one use:

The BOA system in the glove vs. the Optik BOA is MUCH improved. The glove itself is crazy easy to open and close, and will only get better with use.

Blocker seems to be, well, a blocker. It's comfy, feels well balanced.3

Pads slide well, and the knee blocks feel extra-cushy. They're a 1:2:4 flex, so decently stiff, which is my preference.

To be honest, I didn't get a ton of quality shots in them, but this upcoming week should put them to the test.

• Like 1

On 2/22/2019 at 12:06 AM, Aquilzz said:

Used a Bishop growing up back when it was called the Backstrom and loved it. Barely had to load up on the pass and it would go to the ceiling. Not the best blade to ice contact while in butterfly but it did its job. 

Yea a friend of mine has the Bishop and said he loves it for passing but its not the best for redirecting pucks into the corners.  I'd like to give it a try anyway.

On 2/24/2019 at 11:37 AM, Murray said:

Oh, hey.

D0LqM8dUYAAMUYh.jpg

Dude.  Nice!

2 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Is...is the cage supposed to bend down at a 90 degree angle?

I'm pretty sure it is, that angle is the exact same on both sides. This cage came from OTNY (as far as I know), the mask was made by Shawn at Kustom Komposites (I think that's his business name).

37 minutes ago, goalie381 said:

I'm pretty sure it is, that angle is the exact same on both sides. This cage came from OTNY (as far as I know), the mask was made by Shawn at Kustom Komposites (I think that's his business name).

I have never heard anyone say that is a safe way for a cage to look... I would recommend a replacement...

53 minutes ago, seagoal said:

It's very strange because in the close-up head-on pic, it looks fine.  From afar or from the side, it looks very bent.

What kind of bucket is that anyway?

Custom made by Shawn at Kustom Komposites (or Custom Made Masks at the time)

6 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

It does look like it was intentionally fabricated that way. It's just really odd and doesn't seem as structurally sound as a regular cat eye

I'm pretty sure its the first option on this page http://www.otnycages.com/bauer-itech/ for the Bauer 961.

961-9600_pro_ss.jpg

14 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

It does look like it was intentionally fabricated that way. It's just really odd and doesn't seem as structurally sound as a regular cat eye

Not to mention it may make it easier for a puck or errant stick to enter the cateye opening.

• 2 weeks later...

@insertnamehere How'd they do?

I just got a pair of Warrior Ritual X Sr pants and modded them the second I got home with them.

IMG_0607.thumb.jpg.9243f5aa5c572d508b3c9248d093fc82.jpgIMG_0608.thumb.jpg.d0ea69b9ed945b55bda5c6383384bd81.jpg

All I did was remove the inner belt from the front loops and create a new strap to connect the ends of the belt together. I tried on a pair of CCM Pro pants and the front loops were able to be unclipped, that was the only thing I liked about those pants. Having an inner belt like this allows me to wear the inner belt how I always thought they were meant to be worn, under the C/A but still have the C/A tucked in. After one ice time with this mod I am more than satisfied with my work. Yes, I know I have a tiny waist. I'm sorry but all I had was red webbing left over from the professor strap to make a new strap for the inner belt.

Edited by ThatCarGuy

2 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

@insertnamehere How'd they do?

I just got a pair of Warrior Ritual X Sr pants and modded them the second I got home with them.

IMG_0607.thumb.jpg.9243f5aa5c572d508b3c9248d093fc82.jpgIMG_0608.thumb.jpg.d0ea69b9ed945b55bda5c6383384bd81.jpg

All I did was remove the inner belt from the front loops and create a new strap to connect the ends of the belt together. I tried on a pair of CCM Pro pants and the front loops were able to be unclipped, that was the only thing I liked about those pants. Having an inner belt like this allows me to wear the inner belt how I always thought they were meant to be worn, under the C/A but still have the C/A tucked in. After one ice time with this mod I am more than satisfied with my work. Yes, I know I have a tiny waist. I'm sorry but all I had was red webbing left over from the professor strap to make a new strap for the inner belt.

i tried something similar with my s190s where i put the abdominal pad tighter to my waist, but i couldnt really move well so i ended up undoing it

• Like 1