Show off your Gear (Note: Any images posted here can be posted on @TheGoalNet Instagram)

Westcoast Tender

Skate laces. These bad-boys were custom (well, custom-selected from stock on the shelf).

Yup! That’s 108” of red, waxed cutting-edge technology. This shit is fierce! I’m sure they will give me superior transfer of energy, so that I don’t have to do exercises or stuff like that to improve myself.

9592275B-15F7-41E1-AAE6-EB7662A69E9E.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 4/12/2019 at 10:47 AM, ThatCarGuy said:

This is what happens when you use a 950XPM against kids who play Juniors.

UPWZ3801.thumb.JPG.5f836fa580e46ecfc89616348a37d0a3.JPG

Now I must join dangler nation to preserve this helmet until I get another.

I've had pucks win that battle as well. Also I've had a mask that just started to delaminate there. Obviously the short answer is time for a new mask... but I know budgets can make that less than attainable. Dangler will help... but definitely something to get sorted out sooner rather than later.

18 minutes ago, BadAngle41 said:

I've had pucks win that battle as well. Also I've had a mask that just started to delaminate there. Obviously the short answer is time for a new mask... but I know budgets can make that less than attainable. Dangler will help... but definitely something to get sorted out sooner rather than later.

950X has been shipped (I think to Warwick, my dad did it) off for repairs. In its place a beautiful 960XPM has arrived. In the 950's defense, there was already a little chin damage before the shot. I agreed to endure the LT88 pads a little longer so we had the budget for a helmet.

Edited by ThatCarGuy
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, dstew29 said:

Received these last week. Custom scanned. Regular tongue, clarino liner. Fit is unbelievably good and they’re super responsive on the ice. Feel much lighter than any skate I’ve ever tried. Very happy w these so far.

7AE1841E-F51A-4446-8991-81324AAB11A4.jpeg

A031C726-872D-4B07-8230-8EA7BF54E141.jpeg

770A3C34-B0A0-4BD1-B7F5-5EE606755680.jpeg

4D4B7964-A6AF-4C84-A59B-30BB6CAF9446.jpeg

9F8DEF31-3023-43CE-A1B4-3A3919D430AB.jpeg

I may be joining the one piece skate club, knowing that I can install a pair of Overdrive blades on them!

I even test fit them myself:

1AC54DB5-3B01-4276-B062-9AA4197EDED4.jpeg

15 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

950X has been shipped (I think to Warwick, my dad did it) off for repairs. In its place a beautiful 960XPM has arrived. In the 950's defense, there was already a little chin damage before the shot. I agreed to endure the LT88 pads a little longer so we had the budget for a helmet.

NICE!! Maybe I should send off my old one that had the chin delaminating to get repaired so I have a second. It actually has my favorite paint job as well.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, keeperton said:

@dstew29 or anyone else, how do you manage to get elastic toe laces through anything other than the toe hole? Looks too far away to be reached elsewhere.

Those skates look like beauts.

@keeperton Thanks, so far so good!

Good observation. So I have pro laces on my pads and have been using the middle hole to lace them through. It's pretty taught so I actually fasten the velcros about mid-way down the female side (meaning about half of the male and female velcro pads are not connected at all). I haven't had any issues with playability and they've stayed fastened without issue.

I did notice that a handful of NHL guys that use 1-piece (Rinne. Saros and Georgiev to name a few) will use skate lace or similar bungee type lace versus the velcro pro laces (probably for the reason you're mentioning - so they can control the tension level).

5 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

I may be joining the one piece skate club, knowing that I can install a pair of Overdrive blades on them!

I even test fit them myself:

1AC54DB5-3B01-4276-B062-9AA4197EDED4.jpeg

Nice! @bunnyman666 So I just looked up Overdrive blades. It appears these were designed for injury prevention versus increased performance. Are there other intended benefits or mainly to reduce/eliminate slip-outs?

7 minutes ago, dstew29 said:

Nice! @bunnyman666 So I just looked up Overdrive blades. It appears these were designed for injury prevention versus increased performance. Are there other intended benefits or mainly to reduce/eliminate slip-outs?

You can use them to help your technique in the crease, as well. I find myself using them for BOTH. But the lack of slip outs for me is injury prevention AND performance enhancement. 

I should be receiving a few sets that I had black coated. I had intended to do them in November, but life got in the way. They would look super sharp on your True skates.