Show off your Gear (Note: Any images posted here can be posted on @TheGoalNet Instagram)

Westcoast Tender

2 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Nice. Congrats! They look great. I wish the Quick Slide was available when I ordered my VE8s.

They look great.  Talk about night and day going from V3 to those, ha.

Thanks! Yeah, they surprisingly felt really good considering they're way stiffer and much taller. 

Let me know your thoughts on those knee pads. My plan is to eventually try ditching the attached knee guards for knee pads. I'll be looking for some with very little bulk.

1 minute ago, SuperSieve1 said:

Thanks! Yeah, they surprisingly felt really good considering they're way stiffer and much taller. 

Let me know your thoughts on those knee pads. My plan is to eventually try ditching the attached knee guards for knee pads. I'll be looking for some with very little bulk.

Ok.  Well, these Pro + are as bulky as knee pads get.  The thigh part is wider and beefier than most,  which I prefer.

The slimmer version of these are RX2 Pro.  

I too ordered attached thigh wraps on my VE8s and ditched them immediately.  I got them because my previous V6 pads had them and this was pre-knee pads for me.  

I have a fairly narrow butterfly and take shots to my knees often,  so I like bulky knee pads and these Warrior ones are perfect for me. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, seagoal said:

New knee pads, Warrior Ritual X2 Pro +. 

Very happy with these so far and I get to use them tonight and tomorrow night.  I really liked the thickness of the landing channel padding on the first version of these and they seemed to improve them further, which is awesome.  

Loving the new aesthetics too since I wasn't crazy about the original Ritual gray stuff.

20190506_081947.jpg

20190506_082010.jpg

20190506_082044.jpg

20190506_082101.jpg

Checked these out in store. They do look like an upgrade from the originals, though not enough of an upgrade to spend the cash on. (especially since I rarely get hit in the knees as is).

Though, it is curious that they didn't keep the double velcro ends for more adjustment possibilities.

This really isn’t a new purchase but I’ll post it anyway. 

If any of you remember I made a post where I bought an optik chesty, but what happened was it didn’t fit at the time, and what I did was I took the arms off and put them on my subzero 3 and played with that for a while as the arms on them were getting a bit short, flash forward to now and the body on the optik now fits me better

FD23DC9C-4E56-4330-B398-48B95AB4565E.jpeg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, seagoal said:

New knee pads, Warrior Ritual X2 Pro +. 

Very happy with these so far and I get to use them tonight and tomorrow night.  I really liked the thickness of the landing channel padding on the first version of these and they seemed to improve them further, which is awesome.  

Loving the new aesthetics too since I wasn't crazy about the original Ritual gray stuff.

20190506_081947.jpg

20190506_082010.jpg

20190506_082044.jpg

20190506_082101.jpg

Are the Warrior knee blocks THAT stiff where they feel THAT much padding in a knee guard is necessary? It's certainly not a dig on either Warrior's pads or the knee guards... but typically a manufacturer's knee guards are offered to compliment what the pad lacks... a system of sorts.

I know I had to add padding to my knee pads when I moved to a stiffer knee block... and really that's my frame of reference. Maybe I'm off on this... but open to any thoughts anyone else may on the subject as well. 

13 hours ago, BadAngle41 said:

Are the Warrior knee blocks THAT stiff where they feel THAT much padding in a knee guard is necessary? It's certainly not a dig on either Warrior's pads or the knee guards... but typically a manufacturer's knee guards are offered to compliment what the pad lacks... a system of sorts.

I know I had to add padding to my knee pads when I moved to a stiffer knee block... and really that's my frame of reference. Maybe I'm off on this... but open to any thoughts anyone else may on the subject as well. 

For us older guys, set ups like this also give us a softer landing. It also helps stabilize the knee.

23 hours ago, SuperSieve1 said:

Hey,

Check out the Ritual X2 thread for some pics of my Pro + knee pads on my knees.

Should give you good perspective on bulk.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BadAngle41 said:

Warrior knee stacks aren't that stiff, but they also don't come with almost any padding there. So some sort of knee pad is definitely welcome.

Though, the ritual knee guards are crazy comfy around the knee. The set I've been using isn't as padded as the new RX2's, but they're a hell of a lot more comfortable than anything else.

New set arrived today. Thanks to Jay at the Goalie Crease for all the help!

G-Netik 4 34+1.5 with a few mods:

Anchor T +1" pocket
Pro Palm extra Break in
No outer break on outside roll
Pre curved tops
X-Still knee block

IMG_0026.JPG

IMG_0034.JPG

IMG_0028.JPG

IMG_0031.JPG

brians1.JPG

IMG_0032.JPG

Edited by Doc1200
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Doc1200 said:

New set arrived today. Thanks to Jay at the Goalie Crease for all the help!

G-Netik 4 34+1.5 with a few mods:

Anchor T +1" pocket
Pro Palm extra Break in
No outer break on outside roll
Pre curved tops
X-Still knee block

IMG_0026.JPG

IMG_0034.JPG

IMG_0028.JPG

IMG_0031.JPG

brians1.JPG

IMG_0032.JPG

Oh, mamma... that is so hawt!!! Yeah, that’s just filthy... and I love it! Shit! Is that the door? My wife’s home early - and if she catches me looking at this...

• Haha 1

On 5/8/2019 at 10:14 PM, ULTIMA said:

Velocity 8 custom chest/arm, NHL specification. Aviator blue with red logos.

And before anyone asks, I do not show my face on the internet hence the mask.

20190509_010408.jpg

You need to pull a negative mould off that mask, lay it up with CF and make it your game mask!

1 hour ago, ULTIMA said:

As far as I know, NHL Specifications include beefed up areas in the unit. What do you mean non-adjustable floaters? I don't follow.

Floaters sewn in place... I thought a true NHL spec has to have floaters fixed in place. The photo below is from Cody Porter's VE8. You can see where normally you'd have velcro adjustment it is sewn in place. I could be entirely wrong... but I thought NHL didn't allow adjustable floaters.

image.thumb.png.74403cf961925cd401d3b5e0d5bd41a6.png

New jets arrived. Although there must be others out there, I haven’t seen anyone go with the white toe cap but keep the quarter panel black. I thought this might look the most “traditional”, ie mimic the look of a cowling/toe protector. I’m loving the look. 

All locked in with Howies waxed laces and Bauer Speedplate 2.0 footbeds installed. 

AA2CB41A-DE1E-40D0-9B3A-97EF18AA7ED0.thumb.jpeg.9477223d5dfdb07d88deb3b67c2731b3.jpeg

• Like 5

16 hours ago, BadAngle41 said:

Floaters sewn in place... I thought a true NHL spec has to have floaters fixed in place. The photo below is from Cody Porter's VE8. You can see where normally you'd have velcro adjustment it is sewn in place. I could be entirely wrong... but I thought NHL didn't allow adjustable floaters.

image.thumb.png.74403cf961925cd401d3b5e0d5bd41a6.png

Ah I see now what you mean. I wasn't aware of that. I think you and I are mixing up the definitions of NHL Specifications VS. NHL Regulations. The package I have is referred to (from Vaughn) as "NHL Spec" but I can't confirm if it's a regulation unit. Having said that, that part you posted is not sewn down.