Show off your Gear (Note: Any images posted here can be posted on @TheGoalNet Instagram)

Westcoast Tender

7 minutes ago, stackem30 said:

Goddamn @Naz, those are beautiful! Congrats on the score... I want to say I've seen those pads for sale online for a while?

Thanks @stackem30 !  They were on eBay a while back for quite some time.  I am friends with that seller, but I did not get them from him.  He had sold them to another friend of mine, and he realized they were a bit too big.  So, I was able to get them for less than half what that original ebay listing was.

2 hours ago, Naz said:

The pads arrived... they go well with the Pro90z trapper I already have.  Just need a blocker to match.

H1.jpg

H2.jpg

H3.jpg

H4.jpg

Those things are beautiful, but then again those were were my first real set of pads so I may be partial.  I kept that listing in my watchlist hoping it would drop at some point but good to see someone was finally able to pick them up.

• Like 1

It's funny, I never liked the Helite 5's very much when I was a kid. Of course, this was entirely based on graphics — I had no knowledge of the pad's features. I didn't like how the legpads were a patchwork of color-blocking and geometric shapes (and dots), but the glove and blocker had a pointed wave graphic on them. I thought the Helite 4 and 6 line looked better, and was relieved that Brodeur never wore the Helite 5 graphic.

That type of thinking seems so laughable now... those pads look sooo nice, I'd wear them (and their "matching" glove and blocker) in a heartbeat. It's a combination of the graphic growing on me a bit (probably because I'm not wild about the direction pad graphics have gone since those days) and the overall beauty of the pads (the thigh taper, the rolls, the boot, the straps, that big curvy logo) transcending any minor gripes about the graphic.

In short, those Helite 5's have grown on me, and I've revisited this page to stare at @Naz's score three times now!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FFMedicGoalie said:

Holy shit, I have his V7's! I got them on ebay and I laughed when I saw the name

Poor guy just got thrashed by the fans in Seattle.....and then Victoria won, which I thought was a perfect F you and way to go out for Outhouse.

it's amazing he survived high school.

Edited by seagoal

16 minutes ago, FFMedicGoalie said:

Holy shit, I have his V7's! I got them on ebay and I laughed when I saw the name

I knew a guy who's last name was Swallow, and he went into the Navy, so for the next 4 years he was "Seaman Swallow". I don't know how anyone kept a straight face. I mean, he could have joined any other branch, did he not think that all the way thru? Go Air Force.

• Haha 1

Assembled my glove this weekend and has seen 4 hours of ice time. Tho disappointed about the amount of glove side shots that were taken on me ( or I just let that many in). Pretty happy with it.20190601_175025.thumb.jpg.bd3a52fe32baa4512ba4ea6e2549abbe.jpg

I was also able to retrofit my bauer one90 cuff/finger protection on it. With a bit of modifications. Jing is my nickname, orgin unknown.20190605_091719.thumb.jpg.ff467e6db6fc9b0302224b56d10c811d.jpg20190605_103122.thumb.jpg.5d920e92131b5448d296a83b8d194360.jpg20190605_091846.thumb.jpg.1671b45b32317c5dfab9a217abd422b6.jpg

18 hours ago, dstew29 said:

Waiting for me at the house! Can’t wait to try it on but based on the pics I’m sure it’ll be amazing. Huge shout out and thanks to @ron@covetedmask.com For going above and beyond on this. Check him out if you’re looking for a new lid, artist and class act!!

Congrats! Ron made me a custom sized 3:13 about 18 months ago. It has proven well made and very protective from both shots and at least one very hard elbow. And he was definitely great to work with. Highly recommended.

18 hours ago, dstew29 said:

Waiting for me at the house! Can’t wait to try it on but based on the pics I’m sure it’ll be amazing. Huge shout out and thanks to @ron@covetedmask.com For going above and beyond on this. Check him out if you’re looking for a new lid, artist and class act!!

50AE0A10-243E-477A-90E6-A85E03352DF9.jpeg

EE939993-7134-4ACF-B8F5-31264E2EEF14.jpeg

BCCB902C-5103-44FC-963A-022DC3843A09.jpeg

98AC0091-74CF-4084-8790-A5B4E36EACC8.jpeg

97B44DE8-3CAD-4369-A0BE-0BD3C14885B0.jpeg

Is it custom molded for your face or just a stock version? If so I assume there is an upcharge for custom.

34 minutes ago, TitanG said:

Is it custom molded for your face or just a stock version? If so I assume there is an upcharge for custom.

Stock 906 pro shell mold w custom foam based on measurements and headshots (front and side profile). I’m sure Ron would be happy to dive into his methodology on how he gauges the custom foam sizing but all I can say is it’s a very comfortable, dialed in fit for me.

I did explore a custom shell, which they do, but I didn’t personally need any reinforcements or design tweaks. I loved the look of the stock shell and I don’t see pro level shots. There would be an up charge for that from what I gathered.

31 minutes ago, dstew29 said:

Stock 906 pro shell mold w custom foam based on measurements and headshots (front and side profile). I’m sure Ron would be happy to dive into his methodology on how he gauges the custom foam sizing but all I can say is it’s a very comfortable, dialed in fit for me.

I did explore a custom shell, which they do, but I didn’t personally need any reinforcements or design tweaks. I loved the look of the stock shell and I don’t see pro level shots. There would be an up charge for that from what I gathered.

Cool, thanks for the info. I would probably prefer going the custom route or at least getting some custom options like lengthening the sides.