Show off your Gear (Note: Any images posted here can be posted on @TheGoalNet Instagram)

Westcoast Tender

14 minutes ago, Aquilzz said:

Biting the bullet again today! Wasn't a fan at ALL of my Eflex4 set.

All the colours (non white) are weave on the Jenpro. Also have a literal laundry list of custom specs put on these!

242979295_Screenshot2019-06-2214_49_29.png.99bd2f872cbe80217d9016c65e3780c4.png

1954777528_Screenshot2019-06-2214_49_59.png.c5cec691481a3b80a710b17608555df4.png

717285009_Screenshot2019-06-2214_50_47.png.bd1cd5b288b3563d7cac2008fb0f80e2.png

You don't like you ef4 set and now you're off to make another order or somethingelse??

What's wrong with the ef4?

23 minutes ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

You don't like you ef4 set and now you're off to make another order or somethingelse??

What's wrong with the ef4?

I guess it's not that I hated the EF4 set, it's just that the Gen4s do everything better. Between selling Gens and Eflex though, I'm not exactly "paying" out of pocket for these ones. 

What I didn't like:
1) The core of the pad felt too stiff and "sluggish" to me. It felt like I was fighting against the pad whenever I moved...ESPECIALLY on cross-crease/backdoor plays. It almost feels like they aren't an extension of your leg and is just a stiff pad with a soft boot labeled "Eflex". I'm sure if I got double internal it would have been slightly better.

2) Speedskin kind of sucks when the ice isn't under perfect conditions. In summer, the ice is quite soft here, and I find that Speedskin is pretty much the same as regular jenpro, maybe a little worse as it sticks to the ice. Optislide is fantastic and functions just as well on any surface and doesn't get noticeably worse when there's a ton of snow buildup. As we all know, in beer league, there's about a 95% chance someone is wide open back door or in the slot, so getting there quicker with optislide makes a huge difference. 

3) The rebounds were unpredictable. CCM advertises these as soft rebounds, but I found that any decent shot that I couldn't fully control the rebound with goes right back out to the shooter. It's not dead enough to go for a freeze (like the Gnetiks are above the knee and boot) but not hard enough to launch into corner (like the shin area on Gens).

4) The glove has an inconsistent closure. On quick shots, you're not really thinking on how you close the glove, just that you close the glove. I find that if I don't close it very particularly with just my index finger and thumb (ie if I get a ring or pinky finger involved), it won't close fully. I also find the raised D30 palm made shots that hit the cuff pop out because of the ledge between them. I also find the palm to be way too big, but that isnt a deal breaker. 

There are some other nitpicks with the set, but those weren't any dealbreakers. Nothing else I would really consider abandoning a set for.

Again, it's not that the EF4s are a bad set. They aren't AT ALL. I just found that the Gnetik4s worked so nicely that anything else felt off. 

Edited by Aquilzz

Got a chance to use my new piece of "equipment" tonight.  Not sure i felt a difference.😝

I put one of these on a few seasons back and played well.  Havent gone without one since.  All in my head....but whatever works!

20190623_231301.jpg

Edited by daffy

8 minutes ago, daffy said:

Got a chance to use my new piece of "equipment" tonight.  Not sure i felt a difference.😝

I put one of these on a few seasons back and played well.  Havent gone without one since.  All in my head....but whatever works!

20190623_231301.jpg

What is that?

9 hours ago, Aquilzz said:

2) Speedskin kind of sucks when the ice isn't under perfect conditions. In summer, the ice is quite soft here, and I find that Speedskin is pretty much the same as regular jenpro, maybe a little worse as it sticks to the ice. Optislide is fantastic and functions just as well on any surface and doesn't get noticeably worse when there's a ton of snow buildup. As we all know, in beer league, there's about a 95% chance someone is wide open back door or in the slot, so getting there quicker with optislide makes a huge difference.

I have to agree with this 100%. The Speedskin feels great when getting on the ice after a zam and does seem to slide a bit better than normal material but the second it starts to slush up it's back to just like normal jenpro. And like you said there were a couple times when I hadn't cleared the snow well enough that it felt like I was sticking to the ice.

5 hours ago, wox33 said:

I have to agree with this 100%. The Speedskin feels great when getting on the ice after a zam and does seem to slide a bit better than normal material but the second it starts to slush up it's back to just like normal jenpro. And like you said there were a couple times when I hadn't cleared the snow well enough that it felt like I was sticking to the ice.

Yep, inconsistent was the word I was looking for. It's REALLY good but then it gets bad pretty quickly. I wonder if we stuck with weave on the sliding surface if it would be more consistent. 

On 6/23/2019 at 11:57 PM, Aquilzz said:

Biting the bullet again today! Wasn't a fan at ALL of my Eflex4 set.

All the colours (non white) are weave on the Jenpro. Also have a literal laundry list of custom specs put on these!

242979295_Screenshot2019-06-2214_49_29.png.99bd2f872cbe80217d9016c65e3780c4.png

1954777528_Screenshot2019-06-2214_49_59.png.c5cec691481a3b80a710b17608555df4.png

717285009_Screenshot2019-06-2214_50_47.png.bd1cd5b288b3563d7cac2008fb0f80e2.png

I bit the bullet today too. Black piece at top near inside will be white tho. I also did a 1” deeper anchor t 

6158218E-CFDC-4634-93C2-C8A0DF4CF1C8.jpeg

FBEF428D-E39B-496D-8BC6-906EBF8F9514.jpeg

194AA32B-236C-44EE-9DA9-9DED289C2C43.jpeg

C9CEA66F-6EC5-474F-8DE9-1DB7D6C4AFFE.jpeg

CA2FA3D6-B105-4F70-A5DE-B6063DE32697.jpeg

• Like 1

On 6/24/2019 at 2:53 AM, daffy said:

20190623_231301.jpg

Can't help but think whatever "balance issues" you have may be related to the bottles in the background of the pic...?

:P

• Haha 1

On 6/24/2019 at 8:46 AM, wox33 said:

That's my assessment too. I have tried to note that in any reviews or deep dives I have done. Speed Skin is good on fresh ice. The worse the ice, the less it works. If you play at a level with Zams between periods, you will like speed skin. If you play beer league, there's a major difference between Opti-Slide and Speed Skin come period 3.

With that said, some of that might be luck. Other than Warrior, I haven't noticed any brand tout their pads as working well on pad ice. It's probably an after thought. They test a material on clean ice, get good results, and then move forward with it.

25 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

That's my assessment too. I have tried to note that in any reviews or deep dives I have done. Speed Skin is good on fresh ice. The worse the ice, the less it works. If you play at a level with Zams between periods, you will like speed skin. If you play beer league, there's a major difference between Opti-Slide and Speed Skin come period 3.

With that said, some of that might be luck. Other than Warrior, I haven't noticed any brand tout their pads as working well on pad ice. It's probably an after thought. They test a material on clean ice, get good results, and then move forward with it.

Yeah it's not like they slide poorly or anything. It's just a noticeable difference from clean ice to slushy ice. At least with the way CCM pads play they stay stable and flat to the surface even when the ice is poor. I was having a ton of issues with my Vaughn's getting stuck and twisting late in games which was really getting on my nerves.

1 hour ago, wox33 said:

Yeah it's not like they slide poorly or anything. It's just a noticeable difference from clean ice to slushy ice. At least with the way CCM pads play they stay stable and flat to the surface even when the ice is poor. I was having a ton of issues with my Vaughn's getting stuck and twisting late in games which was really getting on my nerves.

Ha, you hit one of my favorite CCM points. I think they seal the best with their stock retail setting. The Quick motion is also my favorite strapping.

@TheGoalNet so I was going to mention something about the quick motion when I did my review but since you brought it up. I really really really wish they would’ve mounted it like two inches higher. After coming from a true RRC strap that hits directly behind the knee and kinda contours to the top of the calf I feel the quick motion hits too much across the back of my calf. I’m sure I’ll get used to it but I thought the Vaughn strap was more comfortable. Otherwise I think the strapping is great and I really like the materials they added to prevent premature wear in spots that could catch on the Velcro. 

On 6/11/2019 at 7:50 PM, ruckus007 said:

My new THS spec Warrior GT2 senior. 35+1.5, weave on sliding surface.

G4 senior classic glove

GT1 classic blocker. 

PADS.jpg

I am going to guess would be the weave on the sliding surface.  To get companies to build specs for certain shops they require a minimum order.  So they prob order X number of pads with that colour way to get what they want.

25 minutes ago, thebigm said:

I am going to guess would be the weave on the sliding surface.  To get companies to build specs for certain shops they require a minimum order.  So they prob order X number of pads with that colour way to get what they want.

That is what the THS spec is. I've asked the guys there and saw it myself.