Show off your Gear (Note: Any images posted here can be posted on @TheGoalNet Instagram)

Westcoast Tender

29 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Everyone say hello to my new set. 

20190628_180713.jpg

20190628_180925.jpg

20190628_181018.jpg

20190628_180815.jpg

Looks great man. That'll go nice with the Beavers uniforms. I'll keep an eye out this fall. Looks like my main team will be in Maple Ridge this year, but I'm sure I'll be subbing in Coquitlam plenty.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Flyers27 said:

Looks great man. That'll go nice with the Beavers uniforms. I'll keep an eye out this fall. Looks like my main team will be in Maple Ridge this year, but I'm sure I'll be subbing in Coquitlam plenty.

These will look awful with the chubby beaver uniforms 😂. Those jerseys are black, whaler green and sport gold. 

These match the matcon team which uses Tampa jerseys. 

55 minutes ago, seagoal said:

I spy skate lace toes.

Got your Pro Laces already?

Already installed. Even have a spare set ready to go due to a shipping error and excellent customer service from Michael at prolaces. 

Dude is top notch. 

Definitely appreciate the love guys. I'm very excited about my new set. 

13 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I was wondering when they were going to post that. 

Ha, you trolled your own gear on that post.  Well played, sir.

The weave bordering the white is so good.

Edited by seagoal

12 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Ha, you trolled your own gear on that post.  Well played, sir.

The weave bordering the white is so good.

I wouldn't say that was trolling. I was pretty much just thumping my own chest, just because. :P

I'm glad you dig it. Seems to be getting a few thumbs up from all around. I'll be honest, it does mean a lot to get a pretty positive response about my gear.

30 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I wouldn't say that was trolling. I was pretty much just thumping my own chest, just because. :P

I'm glad you dig it. Seems to be getting a few thumbs up from all around. I'll be honest, it does mean a lot to get a pretty positive response about my gear.

Yep, it's true.

I'm hoping Cam posts my new mitt when it shows up.  They seem to be pretty good about posting colorful custom orders.

4 minutes ago, Naz said:

Tried to think of something smartass-ish to say... tried to think of a Surrey knock... couldn't, so... nice looking set @coopaloop1234

Better not leave those in a backseat of a car in Surrey, gone in an instant!
There, I feel better after the Surrey comment now.

Glad you got it out of your system. It's been a while since I've had an islander slag me. I was over there during the weekend, man, Cedar makes Surrey look good.

14 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Didn't know you were getting a new mitt. Anything special?

When I was up there I got to try the VE8 1 piece for the first time and fell in love with it.  It's a straight CCM clone, it seems.  I really liked the flat cuff, the unique double T design, and how snappy it felt. 

My same color scheme and I modded the wrist strap to be a leather strap/buckle rather than the nylon slider.  This will replace my V6 glove which has the curled cuff.

20190511_205633.jpg

Edited by seagoal
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Glad you got it out of your system. It's been a while since I've had an islander slag me. I was over there during the weekend, man, Cedar makes Surrey look good.

Cedar makes Spuzzum look good.

There ARE some nice spots in Cedar though.

On 6/27/2019 at 4:12 PM, TheGoalNet said:

That's my assessment too. I have tried to note that in any reviews or deep dives I have done. Speed Skin is good on fresh ice. The worse the ice, the less it works. If you play at a level with Zams between periods, you will like speed skin. If you play beer league, there's a major difference between Opti-Slide and Speed Skin come period 3.

With that said, some of that might be luck. Other than Warrior, I haven't noticed any brand tout their pads as working well on pad ice. It's probably an after thought. They test a material on clean ice, get good results, and then move forward with it.

Definitely this. 

After using the EF4s one more time, it's like the way the Speedskin material is stamped that causes it to stick to the ice. 

What I mean is the dotted pattern on the material almost has a Spider-man "sticks to wall" effect. It slides just fine but it's almost like it's delayed. 

Whereas traditional jenpro/weave/Optislide don't have that sort of pattern to it.

On 6/27/2019 at 7:46 PM, wox33 said:

@TheGoalNet so I was going to mention something about the quick motion when I did my review but since you brought it up. I really really really wish they would’ve mounted it like two inches higher.

I 100% agree with you. The quick motion doesn't feel like it's an anchor on the leg like the RRC is. Since its on the biggest part of your calf, right where the muscle is, it slides up and down. Whereas the RRC at the top of the calf acts like a really nice anchor point. 

I don't think it works well as a main strap on the pad. Even if there's science behind it saying it drops faster, comfort and feel are two huge contributors to a well functioning pad. I wish it was on a lace grid like the current Vaughn straps and could be adjusted to preference.