Jump to content
Westcoast Tender

Show off your Gear (Note: Any images posted here can be posted on @TheGoalNet Instagram)

Recommended Posts

@Aquilzz after using my pads a few more times and messing with the strapping I’ve got them pretty well dialed in. I had to put the quick motion just snug enough that it didn’t feel like it was moving and then do the knee to calf strap a bit tighter than I was. Now I don’t have much of an issue. It’s still not as comfortable as the RRC was but I barely even notice it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got these few days ago. Tried them yesterday and now ready for next season. 

IMG_20190703_123035.jpg

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Korppi32 said:

I got these few days ago. Tried them yesterday and now ready for next season. 

IMG_20190703_123035.jpg

Great use of color on the back side of the pad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Korppi32 said:

I got these few days ago. Tried them yesterday and now ready for next season. 

IMG_20190703_123035.jpg

True retro! People forget that the first forays into colour were the backs and sides of the pad, i.e. the nylon bits. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

This looks familiar eh @TheGoalNet?

20190705_081443.jpg

Looks like a Tuxedo blazer with gold stripe on the lapels.  Like something Clooney would wear.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Naz said:

Looks like a Tuxedo blazer with gold stripe on the lapels.  Like something Clooney would wear.

Maybe - but I think he’s more into the Whalers’ colours. And swans.

C4DCBA89-EE21-4517-BBC4-52F82CDCC8EF.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Maybe - but I think he’s more into the Whalers’ colours. And swans.

C4DCBA89-EE21-4517-BBC4-52F82CDCC8EF.jpeg

Add swan dress: 

35030E37-A217-4842-A194-CF8AC77AD4D6.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally took a picture of all my gear- forgot the Brown 2400 knee pads though.

Vaughn V7 CA, need to shorten the arms. Vaughn pants, Brown suspenders.

Hackva mask with a cheater cage and Maltese gel. Thinking I might get in the long queue and get a full kevlar Protechsport.

Graf 9035 skates, Maltese throat guard, and I think it is a Pro-Tec-Tion jock that is older than many here. It works...have 2 girls, who also turned into goalies!

My first carbon stick- got 2 CR1's for half price.

Recently got the Passau kit but haven't had a chance to try it out- see the Passau thread for reasons why and more pictures.

20190706_165411.jpg

20190706_165909.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 2padstack said:

Finally took a picture of all my gear- forgot the Brown 2400 knee pads though.

Vaughn V7 CA, need to shorten the arms. Vaughn pants, Brown suspenders.

Hackva mask with a cheater cage and Maltese gel. Thinking I might get in the long queue and get a full kevlar Protechsport.

Graf 9035 skates, Maltese throat guard, and I think it is a Pro-Tec-Tion jock that is older than many here. It works...have 2 girls, who also turned into goalies!

My first carbon stick- got 2 CR1's for half price.

Recently got the Passau kit but haven't had a chance to try it out- see the Passau thread for reasons why and more pictures.

20190706_165411.jpg

20190706_165909.jpg

How to shorten the v7 C&A arms?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Peter36 said:

How to shorten the v7 C&A arms?

prob just pinich the fabric and stitch with sewing awl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried that with my V3 but I didn't like the results- felt like I lost some mobility, like it was binding somehow. I'm going to take them in and get them made to be laced-in like TGN did on his V6.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

My Vapors were not having the laces, trying Kenesky toe ties! Looks like a well made product. 

20190709_215947.jpg

I’ve been using Kenesky toe ties for about a week and a half. It’s a great product, think you’ll enjoy them 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

My Vapors were not having the laces, trying Kenesky toe ties! Looks like a well made product. 

20190709_215947.jpg

Is it just me or are your skates on the wrong feet?

Definitely enjoying my Kenesky ties as well. The bungee cord they use is really nice. Super flexible but still does its job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Aquilzz said:

Is it just me or are your skates on the wrong feet?

Definitely enjoying my Kenesky ties as well. The bungee cord they use is really nice. Super flexible but still does its job.

That's why they been hurting 🤔🤔🤔

No they aren't lol maybe the angle 😊 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Out with the old and in with the new ! After 14ish years of use it was time to retire the CCM Vector and found a sweet deal on some VH on SidelineSwap that perfectly fit my foot 😄 ! Can't wait to try them next friday 😍

IMG_20190716_194010.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Xdave90x said:

Out with the old and in with the new ! After 14ish years of use it was time to retire the CCM Vector and found a sweet deal on some VH on SidelineSwap that perfectly fit my foot 😄 ! Can't wait to try them next friday 😍

IMG_20190716_194010.jpg

They are different than older skates. I think you’ll actually feel you got an upgrade; I MOST CERTAINLY did 😃

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The order has not been placed yet but hopefully we'll be able to do that soon.

image.thumb.png.cf4f373a49530acea37a891dc946c52e.png

image.thumb.png.524056265fec213dc31309c331c11418.png

image.thumb.png.c232d15beff6eab1970c12fcb85d3f6b.png

What do y'all think?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

The order has not been placed yet but hopefully we'll be able to do that soon.

image.thumb.png.cf4f373a49530acea37a891dc946c52e.png

image.thumb.png.524056265fec213dc31309c331c11418.png

image.thumb.png.c232d15beff6eab1970c12fcb85d3f6b.png

What do y'all think?

Damn, these are beautiful! They're going to look amazing😍

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ThatCarGuy said:

The order has not been placed yet but hopefully we'll be able to do that soon.

image.thumb.png.cf4f373a49530acea37a891dc946c52e.png

image.thumb.png.524056265fec213dc31309c331c11418.png

image.thumb.png.c232d15beff6eab1970c12fcb85d3f6b.png

What do y'all think?

Just my insane OCD... but why do the gloves and pads NOT match?

Edited by cwarnar
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, cwarnar said:

Just my insane OCD... but why do the gloves and pads match?

You mean not match? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, coopaloop1234 said:

You mean not match? 

DAMN YOU... but yes... Each piece of gear has a different color scheme

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...