Torn on next set

Max27

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I'm a massive fan of the gloves. I want to recommend these to everyone I know.  I don't think I'll be moving away from Warrior gloves for a long time. (unless they change the fundamentals of their designs).

Definitely approve of the leg pads. They're a very middle of the road type of flexible pad. They're no Velocity, but they're no Supreme either. You'll get a decent flex at the knee, stiff flex at the thighrise and a decent flex at the boot. I've had my pads since release and the boot is still a bit stiffer than a brand new Premier 2. (seriously, those felt soft).

The GT was what I was looking for at the time of my upgrade. I was coming from a buttery soft set of V4's and I wanted something with some torsional flex, decent flex at the boot and stiff upper thighrise. Kind of sounds like an Eflex right? :P

how would they slide compared to ccm, which is leather on the sliding compared to the jenpro, which carey price uses and he slides very well

11 minutes ago, Max27 said:

how would they slide compared to ccm, which is leather on the sliding compared to the jenpro, which carey price uses and he slides very well

I mean, both use Jenpro.

They'll slide pretty much the same, until you're talking about speedskin CCM's. Those will slide better.

Thing is, most pads these days are all pretty similar in sliding ability. Sure, the new thing is improved sliding capabilities of the newer pads, but it's not like these guys still in the past are poor sliding pads by any stretch.

4 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I mean, both use Jenpro.

They'll slide pretty much the same, until you're talking about speedskin CCM's. Those will slide better.

Thing is, most pads these days are all pretty similar in sliding ability. Sure, the new thing is improved sliding capabilities of the newer pads, but it's not like these guys still in the past are poor sliding pads by any stretch.

bc it takes a lot of effort to slide across the crease in the ccm pads and ik price has the jenpro and his slides look effortless

not that they slide bad, bc they dont, just takes a lot of effort to slide around in them, but theyve gotten better over time

could be that the 760s are entry level pads, compared to a senior style pad like your gts, which are definitely better construction wise

35 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I mean, both use Jenpro.

i think i finally have made up my mind on my pads, im gonna get the gts. thanks for your help!

Archived