Goalie Cups

1 minute ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Looks like any cup pretty much works.

I'll toss in my Eagle Double Cup.

I would qualify that with “major brand”; something like the DR or the Powertek are ones I would be scared of. Maybe they would be good, but seeing their other protective is frightening for anything other than ball hockey!

And if the D&R jock in question is old enough to have actually been built by Daignault and Rolland, it would be a VERY old cup that would probably explode on the first clapper it faced! 

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, DL42 said:

go double , goalie cup over reg cup - never fails, add compression pants over cup holds in place forever.  I usually have my cup setups over 10+ maybe 15 + years.

THIS.

That's the route I go - regular cup, compression pants, goal cup.

Currently about to retire Reebok Pro after maybe 10 years, looking at Warrior to replace it.

2 hours ago, DL42 said:

go double , goalie cup over reg cup - never fails, add compression pants over cup holds in place forever.  I usually have my cup setups over 10+ maybe 15 + years.

2 hours ago, HP29 said:

THIS.

That's the route I go - regular cup, compression pants, goal cup.

Currently about to retire Reebok Pro after maybe 10 years, looking at Warrior to replace it.

Agreed with both. I go regular cup... compression pants... Reebok Pro double cup. I've had to replace the elastic in the Reebok a couple times over the years... but that simple stuff. 

3 hours ago, DL42 said:

I tried it a few times. Couldn’t ever get over how it felt. I’m looking at any actual double cup. I’m thinking either a brians or Vaughn as of right now.  

3 hours ago, DL42 said:

+1 for me, with a Bauer Vapor goalie cup over compression shorts, over a regular cup .

7 hours ago, DL42 said:

+1 - reg cup > compression pants > Warrior Ritual Goal Cup

13 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Our balls have the same protection. :giggle:
I've had the Eagle double cup since at least 2003-04.  I replaced the elastics on it either last year or the year prior.  I'd say it has held up just fine.

I've had mine for almost 8 years without any issues. Some tears here, some broken plastic here. I don't think I'll go through the effort of replacing the elastics go. I'm not that attached to it. :P

35 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I've had mine for almost 8 years without any issues. Some tears here, some broken plastic here. I don't think I'll go through the effort of replacing the elastics go. I'm not that attached to it. :P

My balls love it and I hate change so I made sure to extend its life for hopefully another 10 years haha

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, RichMan said:

I remember reading about the Warrior double cup denting on shots? Is this still an issue?

And since you can`t wear the goalie cup (single or double) as close or tight as a regular cup underneath or in your compression pants, does your junk still stay in place?

I'm with everybody on this one.  I also double cup (well, triple cup technically): Regular cup >> compression pants >> Warrior Ritual Pro double cup.

@RichMan the outer cup of the Warrior does dent, but it's nothing more than aesthetics.  I've had mine for 5 years now and although it's dented, the protection is still there and the structural integrity of the outer cup is not compromised in any way. 

The Warrior Ritual Pro is a beast btw.  I know it was hard to find at some point but if you're looking for a bulletproof cup and you have the chance to get our hands on one, it's the single greatest hockey investment I've made.

1 hour ago, Math. said:

I'm with everybody on this one.  I also double cup (well, triple cup technically): Regular cup >> compression pants >> Warrior Ritual Pro double cup.

@RichMan the outer cup of the Warrior does dent, but it's nothing more than aesthetics.  I've had mine for 5 years now and although it's dented, the protection is still there and the structural integrity of the outer cup is not compromised in any way. 

The Warrior Ritual Pro is a beast btw.  I know it was hard to find at some point but if you're looking for a bulletproof cup and you have the chance to get our hands on one, it's the single greatest hockey investment I've made.

^^^^^ Yep.

2 hours ago, Math. said:

I have (and still use) the Warrior Ritual Pro jock as well. To be honest, I have had a few shots thats have caught me square in the jock that have hurt. So in my personal experience, it hasn't been bullet proof. 

• 4 months later...

I've been wearing the CCM 500 Sr double cup jock for about 5 months now after my old jock was starting to rip and fall apart and it was hard to put on (once I tore it open I realized it had one of those yellow Banana Cups inside. With this CCM, it's my first double cup, so while it was bulky at first coming from my older jock, now I don't even notice it once my pants are on and I'm on the ice. I wear my C/A Untucked, and this jock doesn't shift or move around when I play. It also has easy velcro adjustments to get that snuck fit around your waist and legs from the elastic straps. 

This fall I also started subbing weekly for a very high level men's league in my area. Every player can shoot the puck, so every shot feels like a bomb, and this jock has held up great so far. Above the jock, I also like the padding up top. It covers a fairly large surface area and is pretty thick, so it adds comfort and protection to that area. Glad I pulled the trigger on this when I did. Also, the materials on the inside are meshy so I feel like it air dries easier which is always good for gear hygiene purposes. I can spray some Captodor inside after I play and know that the solution is going right where I need it to go and is going to dry properly.

1045033373_ccmgoaliejocksr.thumb.jpg.ad131f87fdf933d38ce1fd400415a10f.jpg

• 4 months later...

Can Someone help me with any cup that could work over a Shock doctor adult jock? I was thinking Warrior X pro or Brian's Optik but any suggestion would do. The cup would have to be large enough to contain the other cup not just sit on top. We want to be able to inspect and replace the plastic cup. His previous intermediate cup had an hairline crack in it that we found while removing the cup for washing. He is now moving to adult size.

Archived