Goalie Cups

1 hour ago, GOAL92M said:

I play adult hockey and hadnt in few years. The jock i got turns out to be junior size but fits me. Is there any difference in quality juniorvto senior or should i be glad i can fit into junior ? I'm 5 11 about 180

Can't really say has we don't know what your Jr size cup is, how old it is and I haven't looked at Jr cup construction quaity lately but one thing I would assume is that the Jr cup doesn't cover nearly as much surface area as an adult model would.  Then again I may be wrong, but the one thing I enjoy about my Warrior is the surface that it covers, on top of the standard "balls protection" duty. 

Also, like stated previously by multiple people, most of us double/triple cup, I would assume fitting an adult standard players cup underneath a Jr goalie unit would feel awkward.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, GOAL92M said:

I play adult hockey and hadnt in few years. The jock i got turns out to be junior size but fits me. Is there any difference in quality juniorvto senior or should i be glad i can fit into junior ? I'm 5 11 about 180

Hmm, I'm not certain about the difference in quality, junior to senior.  My guess would be that there is no difference other than size. Maybe those who work in retail can chime in.

I haven't seen much designation like Pro vs Senior in jocks and if a jock is good enough for an 18 year old in the CHL, then doggarnit, it's good enough for adult beer leaguers.

There may very well be some differences in the width across the front, as in the horizontal coverage, from junior to senior, but I'm not sure.

On 11/30/2020 at 12:42 PM, seagoal said:

Hmm, I'm not certain about the difference in quality, junior to senior.  My guess would be that there is no difference other than size. Maybe those who work in retail can chime in.

I haven't seen much designation like Pro vs Senior in jocks and if a jock is good enough for an 18 year old in the CHL, then doggarnit, it's good enough for adult beer leaguers.

There may very well be some differences in the width across the front, as in the horizontal coverage, from junior to senior, but I'm not sure.

Padding changes too. I had to get a custom cup from brown because I needed the smaller straps and not as wide of a cup but with the senior protection

Archived