The Athletic: Islanders Goalie Robin Lehner Opens Up About his Addiction and Bipolar Diagnosis

coopaloop1234

As for the label "disease", I don't see the need to argue about that, call it what you want,illness, disease, whatever, it doesn't change what it is. Alcholism/addiction is a very real problem that affects many people from all walks of life. Andre Agassi, Micky Mantle, Buzz Aldrin and plenty of others. Tons of celeberties. Tons of police and military. Some recovered. Some tried and failed. Many were very intelligent and disciplined people, and knew what they were doing was wrong and wanted to stop, yet couldn't. It's not about "dumb people making bad decisions". To frame alcholism/addiction like that is really ignorant.  

10 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

:myhead:WHAT?????  Where, in ANY of my posts, did I make the argument that mental disorders are not diseases?  (Which they're not, they're disorders.)  My argument is against ADDICTION, Max.  Go back to playing fortnite.

i second what @southpawtendy48 said as well as @estogoalie

you werent in the postition lehner was in, drinking at an early age, around the wrong people, facing tremendous amounts of abuse.

Archived