Issue with pads- mold growing on them

Max27

15 minutes ago, dualshowman said:

Right, but it's not as if the chlorine evaporates. Dried 'bleach' still has considerable chlorine content and may even crystalize. There is little chance that this is beneficial to the material on your pads... but they are YOUR pads, not anyone else's.

Edited to add a postscript:

I frequently use bleach in the laundry and on kitchen and bathroom surfaces, but all of these applications require a rinse water step after the disinfectant step. Look up the MSDS and decide for yourself: https://www.thecloroxcompany.com/brands/safety-information/sds/

i didnt soak them in bleach or anything lol i took a spray bottle and sprayed the spots with mildew and it got rid of the mildew. I took a damp towel and just cleaned where there was mold previously

1 minute ago, Max27 said:

i didnt soak them in bleach or anything lol i took a spray bottle and sprayed the spots with mildew and it got rid of the mildew. I took a damp towel and just cleaned where there was mold previously

Good, good. I had the vision of someone liberally soaking the backside of a pad in spray bleach, only to set in motion the demise of the material. 

1 minute ago, dualshowman said:

Good, good. I had the vision of someone liberally soaking the backside of a pad in spray bleach, only to set in motion the demise of the material. 

haha no the inside is nylon, that would do nothing but soak the bleach up and weigh the pad down, having eflex 2 pads, which are heavy to begin with, i dont wanna do anything that would make them heavier. Getting all black e3.9 pads in april as they go on clearance w the release of ef4 line which are a lot lighter than the ef2s supposedly. 

22 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

Pix, please!!!!!

pics are coming up rn.

All the gross colors on the internals are dicolorations/puck marks. Got rid of the mold. The pink on the knee stacks is bc my knee pads have red on them and i was playing 4 days in a row 5 hours a day w them in a camp, and they dicolored from it

Previously, the internals were covered w mold specs, the backhand of the glove had it as did the blocker binding. I feel clean now even though it looks like ass with the discoloring lmfao

they REEK of bleach tho. Airing them out got rid of like 95% of the smell. 

IMG_0995.JPG

IMG_0993.JPG

IMG_0994.JPG

IMG_0990.JPG

IMG_0991.JPG

IMG_0992 (1).JPG

Archived