Dropout's 18/19 season

Hockey School Dropout

2nd playoff game last week.  I attended a goalie clinic the night before, which gave me a couple things to add to my tool box.  One thing I noticed in editing is my stance.  Worked on having me be a little more "forward" with my chest.  Helped me with not having to have such wild arms when stopping higher shots.

Anyway, my team played shitty.  ZERO goals for in 2 games.  Even if I was perfect the best we would have is 2 ties.  And I am not good enough to carry a team that just doesn't seem to give a crap 1/2 the time.  I'd say there were 4 players in front of me that actually tried this game.  4/10 is nowhere near enough to have success.  I left in a few extra segments mostly to ensure to myself that I wasn't crazy that a certain player (on my own team) kept screening me.  Finally resulting in a goal against.  And though I hate to admit it, I pretty much quit after the 5th goal against.  I was playing again in the game right after, so since my team wasn't trying, I figured I'd conserve my energy for the 2nd hour.  Faired better in that one with a 3-1 loss (playing for team we play against tonight in playoff game 3).

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Hockey School Dropout said:

And the final, battle for the basement.

And finished dead last.  FML.

Oh, man - what a heartbreaker! I thought you looked pretty sharp in this one, and the grey team seemed like a decent bunch of dudes at least (unlike the douches in yellow from the sorting game).

This is the HEO rink at Richcraft Sensplex in Gloucester, right? I play there a lot myself (so maybe the stench of my shitty performances was still lingering; sorry about that - LOL!) Nice bonus about that place is that Dominion City Brewing Company is just around the corner, if you're beer inclined...

13 hours ago, Hockey School Dropout said:

Been a while.  This is the video from the final sorting game to determine if we played in the 5vs6 game or the battle of the basement.

UGH! That net! I noticed it early in the video, before you had to throw it right off. That would have bothered the hell out of me.

On 5/22/2019 at 8:00 AM, Lucky Pucker said:

Oh, man - what a heartbreaker! I thought you looked pretty sharp in this one, and the grey team seemed like a decent bunch of dudes at least (unlike the douches in yellow from the sorting game).

This is the HEO rink at Richcraft Sensplex in Gloucester, right? I play there a lot myself (so maybe the stench of my shitty performances was still lingering; sorry about that - LOL!) Nice bonus about that place is that Dominion City Brewing Company is just around the corner, if you're beer inclined...

Yeah I had a good game.  Took 3 re-directions to get the puck past me.  Mostly disappointed by the drop off we had.  Started off in 2nd after the "exhibition" games and slowly worked our way down to 8th (read LAST) place.  :(

Yes, that was the HEO rink.  We played all our games at Tom Brown, but the last 4 games were at the Sensplex East and we had a banquet/general meeting afterward.

I'm in the west end so generally don't play that far east.

On 5/22/2019 at 8:02 AM, Lucky Pucker said:

UGH! That net! I noticed it early in the video, before you had to throw it right off. That would have bothered the hell out of me.

Yeah, it was annoying to try and put back on so I made sure it was obvious it was off the pegs.  I briefly discussed with the ref whether it was off before the goal was scored just before.  He wasn't buying it.  :)

Archived