TGN's Living CCM EF Shield 2 C&A Deep Dive

TheGoalNet

13 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

On body pic 

AFA82B56-2B1F-473D-990A-5930D320E8D4.jpeg

Do you feel the additional horizontal breaks on the floaters improve mobility? Or do they simply make the floater contour the body more? I ask bc it looks like the new NHL spec CCM has some diagonal breaks which would actually be more functional in terms of adding mobility than simple horizontal breaks.

image.thumb.png.1d02b5ba890b7c1ff85be4855e45509b.png

1 hour ago, BadAngle41 said:

Do you feel the additional horizontal breaks on the floaters improve mobility? Or do they simply make the floater contour the body more? I ask bc it looks like the new NHL spec CCM has some diagonal breaks which would actually be more functional in terms of adding mobility than simple horizontal breaks.

image.thumb.png.1d02b5ba890b7c1ff85be4855e45509b.png

I think you kinda hit the nail on the head. It's designed for mobility AND contour. It looks like the "new spec" Premier is an improved take on the concept. 

Kinda interesting looking that pic again though. That new unit just branded "CCM" seems to look at lot like the EF Shield 2 compared to the Premier

On 10/2/2018 at 10:36 PM, Matt said:

Happy to see this unit getting some attention.  My kid has had his for a couple of weeks now and really likes it.  Very light compared to the option unit with comparable (maybe better?) mobility.

Do you mean comparison to Premier?

• 1 month later...

I've had my eye on this unit for the past couple weeks. I've been debating in my head whether to get this now, or wait until April/May for a slimmed down CCM or Vaughn CA. I particularly like how the unit wraps around the torso and the rib protection it offers. The upper arm area seems a bit soft and that's the only area I have any qualms about. Any updates, @TheGoalNet?

1 hour ago, ZeroGravitas said:

I've had my eye on this unit for the past couple weeks. I've been debating in my head whether to get this now, or wait until April/May for a slimmed down CCM or Vaughn CA. I particularly like how the unit wraps around the torso and the rib protection it offers. The upper arm area seems a bit soft and that's the only area I have any qualms about. Any updates, @TheGoalNet?

It’s my understanding CCM is not releasing a slimmed down Premier 2 at retail this spring. C&A will be a colorway update to the existing P2.

If you want something more streamlined than a P2, but good padding and D30... grab this 

1 hour ago, TheGoalNet said:

It’s my understanding CCM is not releasing a slimmed down Premier 2 at retail this spring. C&A will be a colorway update to the existing P2.

If you want something more streamlined than a P2, but good padding and D30... grab this  

Interesting. I knew some kind of updated Premier CA was coming, but didn't know it was just a color update. Thank you!

Archived