Coveted Mask Thread

1 hour ago, D6_EBUG said:

Love, love, LOVE my Coveted Combo.  Ron is excellent to work with and surpasses expectations re: customer service (which is more than I can say for other mask manufacturers...).

Can confirm. Ron was an absolute pleasure to talk to when I ordered my 3:13.

• 8 months later...
9 hours ago, Dave said:

Any feedback on Coveted 905 pro sell on Goalie Monkey website?

I have the 906 certified from his website with the pro carbon upgrade which just adds carbon fiber to the mask. I believe the one on the goalie monkey website is just the standard version. As well as I’m not sure how different the 906 and 905 are. I have nothing but good things to say about the company and mask protection though. Occasionally get ears wringing but I feel like you expect that with any mask. Never had a luck truly hurt though. The one complaint I do have is on the actual cage. The integrity of it is very poor and I have gone through 5 of the straight bar cages due to the actual welding breaking apart. I recently replaced it with a bauer cat eye and so far have no problems. Although Ron did have amazing customer service and gave me all of the cages for free, I just had to pay shipping due to the cage being under a warranty. Protection of the actual helmet is amazing and comfort is superior to any other mask I’ve tried on. Especially if you do it through the actual company as they will have you send in pictures of your face and they will custom fit the padding to your face( at least this is what they for me about three years back) 

6 hours ago, David Myers said:

I have the 906 certified from his website with the pro carbon upgrade which just adds carbon fiber to the mask. I believe the one on the goalie monkey website is just the standard version. As well as I’m not sure how different the 906 and 905 are. I have nothing but good things to say about the company and mask protection though. Occasionally get ears wringing but I feel like you expect that with any mask. Never had a luck truly hurt though. The one complaint I do have is on the actual cage. The integrity of it is very poor and I have gone through 5 of the straight bar cages due to the actual welding breaking apart. I recently replaced it with a bauer cat eye and so far have no problems. Although Ron did have amazing customer service and gave me all of the cages for free, I just had to pay shipping due to the cage being under a warranty. Protection of the actual helmet is amazing and comfort is superior to any other mask I’ve tried on. Especially if you do it through the actual company as they will have you send in pictures of your face and they will custom fit the padding to your face( at least this is what they for me about three years back) 

Thank you David!

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I've just placed an order with them for two masks, one for myself and one for my son (my 10 year old needs a Large! I guess 22 1/4" is a bigger head).

I've emailed with a question about fit, and he took good care in answering my questions. I'm pretty excited about them and I can't wait to try it out.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

My son's mask just came this morning. 

He absolutely loves it and tells me that it's so much more comfortable than his older mask that was getting a bit small, We provided headshots and pics for fit purposes and I'm glad we did. The paint, the fit and finish looks perfect.

Ron personally answered all my questions and kept me in the loop about timelines. I can't wait for mine to come in about  a week. Maybe in a few years I will get a combo from him as well (I was tempted to order one now but chickened out and ordered a 906).

image.thumb.jpeg.845158413db7fa028540cf8cb68b5dbd.jpeg

Edited by johncho
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

My mask took a bit longer but it arrived a couple of weeks ago. I hit their busy season so it is understandable, but just a note for others. I will definitely be ordering from him again when the need arises. The matt finish is quite nice, nicer than I thought it would be.

It fits perfectly, I feel so comfortable in it. The only regret that I have is that I should have ordered a black cage with it.

84C24552-0D38-42BF-80AB-07B603D138E6_1_102_o.jpeg

Edited by johncho
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Is the fiberglass vacuum bagged? I've worked with a couple of these masks and it seems like they are hand laid fiberglass. That's fine, but without vacuum bagging, it tends to leave ai between the layers. I have one kid who has had two masks crack on him. He's 13. I don't think he's taking that big of shots to crack a mask.