Coveted Mask Thread

Anybody else on backup right now on a mask from coveted. I’ve heard only good about them but I was told it would ship between the 4th-6th of December. I asked Ron about it and he said the cage was stil getting airbrushed and he would send pics of the completed mask when it was finished-this was 2-3 days ago and stil no pics. I’m gonna guess that this kind of stuff doesn’t usually happen just because of all the good that I’ve heard about them and their customer service. 

I saw the 905 and 906 locally at the shop. Weight wasn't that bad, nice Kevlar finish inside. Can't remember which it was but one had my nose up at the cage where the other one had sufficient space and a snugger fit at the cheeks. I did find the foam kinda thin though on both. Can anyone comment on the impact feel from shots?

26 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

You should move those laces for your dangler from the cage to the ear vents.  You'll get better coverage for your neck and it will look a lot cleaner as well.

This... Best article here: https://ingoalmag.com/news/tech-tips-that-danged-dangler-is-hurting-your-game/

Edited by cwarnar

• 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, Larceny#30 said:

How do you like it

Best mask I’ve ever owned based on looks and the feel of it. Just the simple design features alone impress me and make it superior to other mask brands, such as my old bauer nme 7. I haven’t been able to get it on ice yet, just got the mask today. 

Edited by Hockey1234

For record, i tried 2 models in store then ordered mine online from them.

I quite like mine, its tight sideways, but not uncomfortable.  Took me  abt to find out how to strap it in a way thats comfortable but thats expected.

I have the dual foam upgrade and Ultimate pro version. 

So far puck impact was properly deflected/absorbed.

Yes an no, custom is great but you have no idea what its gonna be like until you try it on when you get it.  Various mask have various fits.  you cant say i want this model, and your head measurement doesnt fit inside the shell....  ii tried on the one i was thinking, saw how it fit as is and was able to tell Ron, this mask, retail fit, bits great  but leaves some space in the cheeks, so when you make it, buff up that area a bit so its more snug, ect.  I had issues with my measurements NOT matching depending on which of 3 measuring rubans i used... soo.   using that was very useful.

One thing I found is that with my dangler, I place pass it in the ear holes because the mask is so tight back there that -any- strings  bites into my ear.  Had to secure it to the cage, which is a nono but was my only option.

23 hours ago, Hockey1234 said:

Best mask I’ve ever owned based on looks and the feel of it. Just the simple design features alone impress me and make it superior to other mask brands, such as my old bauer nme 7. I haven’t been able to get it on ice yet, just got the mask today. 

I am very excited to see your enthusiasm, but we need to be pragmatic before annoite anything the best... 

Can maybe elaborate a bit more here. If you haven’t even used this on this, how can you says it’s the best? 

Also, you’re somewhat comparing apples and oranges. NME7 is NOT a pro shell and this is. 

19 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

I am very excited to see your enthusiasm, but we need to be pragmatic before annoite anything the best... 

Can maybe elaborate a bit more here. If you haven’t even used this on this, how can you says it’s the best? 

Also, you’re somewhat comparing apples and oranges. NME7 is NOT a pro shell and this is. 

By best I meant light, comfortable, and design features(first impressions). I tried to explain that in the next sentences but I worded it wrong, doesn’t  sound like an opinion after I’m reading it again like I anted it to. Although, I did get it on the ice today. The major thing that I noticed was how much faster I was able to track the puck due to the light weight. It took a little bit to get used to at first because I was in a certified cat eye previously and this is a straight bar. After maybe 30 minutes I adjusted to it. I got one straight to the cage. My ears were ringing for maybe 5 seconds compared to the nme 7 which could ring for up to a minute. 

Edited by Hockey1234