Reason behind NHLers switching to a Kenesky C&A?

cwarnar

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, RichMan said:

Are there anymore pics floating about? Like a view of the back, sides, arms, elbows...the usual. Any idea on weight and price? Any pics of someone wearing it?

I noticed that they aren't posted or even mentioned on their website.

They're pretty active on Facebook - you should be able to see the pics  here https://www.facebook.com/pg/Keneskymfg/photos/?ref=page_internal

12 minutes ago, RichMan said:

Are there anymore pics floating about? Like a view of the back, sides, arms, elbows...the usual. Any idea on weight and price? Any pics of someone wearing it?

I noticed that they aren't posted or even mentioned on their website.

Weight no clue... Price will likely around $700 Canadian.  They haven't officially released it to the public yet.  Mike Howard did a post on their FB page in the spring.  They're going to be releasing a new website as well.

41992016_1363044320493035_8503331356774760448_n.jpg.b06a8217edb3be1e444bff010c76f7da.jpg

42217613_1363044350493032_1285729263563046912_n.thumb.jpg.a2f2c8bda7d9bb95de5e46d8c7276018.jpg41758778_1360990647365069_5676471315196805120_n.thumb.jpg.6e174a3fd9c586d5898a5a599e244289.jpg41717105_1360990364031764_7721776673317715968_n.thumb.jpg.7f6fe3f46520cfe544fb58d3b7168bdb.jpg

I want to note that the Holtby unit is distinctly more P1-inspired compared to Ward (formerly 5500) and Crawfords (formerly H5), especially if you look at the elbow floater, shoulder floaters and the belly flap which is different than the other 2 units. 

Glad to see this finally get rolling...some TGN members provided input on this back in February!

Notice there is zero elastic across the back.  Wear and tear on the back elastic was a common issue with P1s.

Mike told me Ward is using it in camp.  Crawford is still out.  Holtby should have his soon, and mine is coming up.

Part of me wonders if it isn’t like the publicity stunt that happened last year when their pads were seen in different teams’ training camps.I am not using the term “publicity stunt” as a perjorative OR a negative; the “stunt” did work to get their name on the radar, which is QUITE the feat!  With CCM, Brian’s and Bauer dominating the NHL ith their wares, a little player like a Kenesky even getting a look in by established pros is an achievement! A fledgling brand has to do what they can to get attention; I think of back when my bicycle brand was trying to get attention in the world of triathlon by me sending product to the best looking female triathletes! My water bottle carrier did end up on the pages of a magazine, albeit the race was a minor IM qualifier and my brand name was obscured ?

I do hope that their chesties end up under at least ONE pro’s sweater; Howie and Dave TRULY deserve for that to happen!

Not to rain on the Kenesky parade, but you'd think companies like Brown and Warrior whom are more anchored in would still be kicking in the show, even if nameless/logoless. I mean Warrior alone could get away with it and still get a ton of exposer just by how their model is so recognisable to the goalie world. 

Any and all licensed brands will end up costing the regular Joe a fortune just to get a taste of them.

Just my opinion. Regardless, kuddos to Kenesky :fistbump:  

42 minutes ago, RichMan said:

Not to rain on the Kenesky parade, but you'd think companies like Brown and Warrior whom are more anchored in would still be kicking in the show, even if nameless/logoless. I mean Warrior alone could get away with it and still get a ton of exposer just by how their model is so recognisable to the goalie world. 

Any and all licensed brands will end up costing the regular Joe a fortune just to get a taste of them.

Just my opinion. Regardless, kuddos to Kenesky :fistbump:

I don't think Warrior has a huge desire to start shelling out tons of cash for pro endorsements and what not.

The beer league market is far more financially viable than the Pros.  

I still don't have an answer why no pros will even test Warrior stuff outside sticks tho.  I won't use another brand for the remainder of my beer league career

9 hours ago, cwarnar said:

I don't think Warrior has a huge desire to start shelling out tons of cash for pro endorsements and what not.

The beer league market is far more financially viable than the Pros.  

I still don't have an answer why no pros will even test Warrior stuff outside sticks tho.  I won't use another brand for the remainder of my beer league career

Agreed, Warrior figured out where the money is in goalie equipment sales and it has nothing to do with the NHL.  They took over the lacrosse market the same way years ago and I think eventually you'll see them in the NHL as younger generations who grow up wearing Warrior gear move into the pro ranks.  

My understanding was that sticks are all that's currently licensed.  

I'm surprised companies don't make an iconic color chest pad.

So when it pokes out of the neck, bottom or arm - you can tell what brand it is without them paying the ad fee.

Same with sticks. Is there a rule that all player sticks have to be black/white based?

6 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Eh, I said the same thing when I was rocking all Vaughn gear.

Things will change. ;)

This.  I thought I would be in Vaughn forever.  My next set, if there ever is one, will be Brian's.  Well, at least the pads and blocker.

6 hours ago, jayluv54 said:

If I could just bring myself to mix and match I'd have a Warrior Catcher, Bauer Blocker, Vaughn or CCM pads...but I just can't do it.

Why?  So long as the colors all match who cares if its all different brands?

Archived