Kova Goalie Equipment

TheGoalNet

3 hours ago, cwarnar said:

It's a screen shot of the customizer.  Here is a set of theirs in proper form.  Company is out of Russia:

41949941_10156462535670803_2394216063022661632_n.thumb.jpg.c99ce8a343f1d25028a4ab7be0bc1666.jpg48415957_10156675417005803_1931729397564309504_n.thumb.jpg.62eb1250101cfc68c4e7ce84efc78814.jpg

1 hour ago, seagoal said:

Comment still applies. Even more so, now. 

Hi! Topi from Kova Goalie here. if you have questions about our gear I'm here to help.

Maybe I should address the pricing first. I do realize Kova is not a cheap option. We did offer pads and gloves at the same price range as Warrior Pro gear, but we got so much orders, that we are still making gear, that was ordered 4-5 months ago. So, we had two options; to hire more staff, or to rise prices. And with the labor costs in Finland and material prices for a small manufacturer in Europe we could not afford to hire people at that price point. So there was really one option.

But if you are looking into something different I Think Kova is a good option. If you have a chance to ask opinions from someone that has actually used them, please do.

And if you are looking for something more affordable, I think Miklin would be a good option. (I have no ties to Miklin)

All questions are welcome!

2 hours ago, KovaGoalie said:

Hi! Topi from Kova Goalie here. if you have questions about our gear I'm here to help.

Maybe I should address the pricing first. I do realize Kova is not a cheap option. We did offer pads and gloves at the same price range as Warrior Pro gear, but we got so much orders, that we are still making gear, that was ordered 4-5 months ago. So, we had two options; to hire more staff, or to rise prices. And with the labor costs in Finland and material prices for a small manufacturer in Europe we could not afford to hire people at that price point. So there was really one option.

But if you are looking into something different I Think Kova is a good option. If you have a chance to ask opinions from someone that has actually used them, please do.

And if you are looking for something more affordable, I think Miklin would be a good option. (I have no ties to Miklin)

As @KovaGoalie noted above, they're not an inexpensive option. Personally I shy away from using the phrase "cheap" because to me it has connotations of not only being inexpensive but also of poor quality... which I wouldn't at all associate with the products Kova has been putting out based on what I've seen. I appreciate Topi not only addressing their pricing, but why they made their decision. In my opinion, all too often as smaller brands gain momentum and see an uptick in orders their ability to deliver on their commitments and general customer service decline as fast as the orders come in. It's refreshing to hear someone taking a step back to consider the long term viability and reputation of their company and make a choice that while may not be popular... allows them to sustain a business they have a passion for.

Like others have noted in earlier posts... Topi was super responsive to my inquiry for a set of suspenders... and I just placed my order for a custom set. I decided to spend the extra money on a set of theirs largely because of particular design feature... something I'll go into more depth on once  receive them... and something that would likely never be addressed by an off the shelf brand Bauer, A&R, and Elite. Not to mention... they're custom. 😎

4 hours ago, KovaGoalie said:

You must also remember that €uro is strong if you compare euros to canadian dollar. Basically all pads from bigger names cost 1800 dollars in North America but in Finland Warrior 1300€, Bauer and CCM 1800€, Brian´s and Vaughn 2200€. It is great that we have now fresh local gear company after Pallas, Montreal and Koho, which all are gone now. 

• 4 weeks later...

Archived