Harrison Mask Thread

7 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

What is the layup of these masks?  Full fiberglass, fiberglass with aramid(Kevlar) reinforcements, fiberglass with aramid layers, full aramid, is it using Sportmask's innegra?

Didn't specify as far as I can see. You'd probably have to contact GolieParts to find out.

45 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

What is the layup of these masks?  Full fiberglass, fiberglass with aramid(Kevlar) reinforcements, fiberglass with aramid layers, full aramid, is it using Sportmask's innegra?

According to Dennis who runs goalieparts.com and is in the process of getting his mask made right now. 18 layers of 10oz woven fiberglass mat

22 minutes ago, MangoRhinehart said:

According to Dennis who runs goalieparts.com and is in the process of getting his mask made right now. 18 layers of 10oz woven fiberglass mat

Yea, I had another source tell me all fiberglass as well.  As much as I would absolutely LOVE my very own custom molded Harrison mask, which is my all time favorite mask, for $1,800 I will stick to my custom padded all Kevlar Protechsport Harrison mold.  Oh well.  I will submit for the raffle though.

15 hours ago, Naz said:

Gawd that is beautiful.  THAT is what a mask should be shaped like, triangle vents and all.

Agreed.  I am a sucker for that classic mask look/shape.

Nas, idk if you remember or not,  but I mentioned back when I got my Protechsport mask that something looked off about it.  I did a side by side of this picture and a picture of my mask.  They're actually not very far off from each other.  I think the biggest reason it appeared to be off was because of how long my chin drop was.  You don't really see many of these masks with a big chin drop.  Other than that, the vents on my mask are slightly smaller.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It brings back so many memories to see these latest Harrisons in their incubation period.

Some of you may be delighted to hear that I returned to the nets late this past season, new knee performing well at age 69.

Others of you,  including the chap on this board who offered me $450 for my Harrison, (he wanted to repaint it into a more modern design) are SOL as I plan on keeping my mask forever.  Or at least until it gets passed along to my grandson.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wonder35 said:

It brings back so many memories to see these latest Harrisons in their incubation period.

Some of you may be delighted to hear that I returned to the nets late this past season, new knee performing well at age 69.

Others of you,  including the chap on this board who offered me $450 for my Harrison, (he wanted to repaint it into a more modern design) are SOL as I plan on keeping my mask forever.  Or at least until it gets passed along to my grandson.

You're my hero lol

• Like 1

On 5/15/2019 at 1:00 PM, MangoRhinehart said:

My fading memory recalls Greg saying that he added pieces of Kevlar to high contact areas, chin and forehead.  Would this make sense for masks such as mine made in the mid 1980's?

On 6/1/2019 at 9:56 AM, Wonder35 said:

Great news. Hope to see more pics of you playing and your gear. Are you still wearing the John Brown gear?

1 hour ago, WillyGrips13 said:

Great news. Hope to see more pics of you playing and your gear. Are you still wearing the John Brown gear?

I sold my entire set of BROWN gear to one person following knee replacement surgery a year ago.  Included were my Model 2000CA, 2100 Series Pads, JB2200 Gloves and JB2000 Pants.

Back around 2010 Scott Battram built me a set of all leather pads and gloves.  That's what I'm wearing now. Is it sacrilegious  to display Battram gear on a BROWN thread?

fullsizeoutput_56d.jpeg

Edited by Wonder35
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Wonder35 said:

I sold my entire set of BROWN gear to one person following knee replacement surgery a year ago.  Included were my Model 2000CA, 2100 Series Pads, JB2200 Gloves and JB2000 Pants.

Back around 2010 Scott Battram built me a set of all leather pads and gloves.  That's what I'm wearing now. Is it sacrilegious  to display Battram gear on a BROWN thread?

fullsizeoutput_56d.jpeg

Sacrilege or not...That looks sooooooooooo sharp. 

Edited by aircanuck
  • Like 1