Sign in to follow this  
dualshowman

Harrison Mask Thread

7 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

What is the layup of these masks?  Full fiberglass, fiberglass with aramid(Kevlar) reinforcements, fiberglass with aramid layers, full aramid, is it using Sportmask's innegra?

Didn't specify as far as I can see. You'd probably have to contact GolieParts to find out.

45 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

What is the layup of these masks?  Full fiberglass, fiberglass with aramid(Kevlar) reinforcements, fiberglass with aramid layers, full aramid, is it using Sportmask's innegra?

According to Dennis who runs goalieparts.com and is in the process of getting his mask made right now. 18 layers of 10oz woven fiberglass mat

22 minutes ago, MangoRhinehart said:

According to Dennis who runs goalieparts.com and is in the process of getting his mask made right now. 18 layers of 10oz woven fiberglass mat

Yea, I had another source tell me all fiberglass as well.  As much as I would absolutely LOVE my very own custom molded Harrison mask, which is my all time favorite mask, for $1,800 I will stick to my custom padded all Kevlar Protechsport Harrison mold.  Oh well.  I will submit for the raffle though.

1 hour ago, MangoRhinehart said:

Some pictures from Dennis' build for folks not on the facespace. 

mask4.jpg

mask3.jpg

mask2.jpg

mask1.jpg

mask5.jpg

Gawd that is beautiful.  THAT is what a mask should be shaped like, triangle vents and all.

15 hours ago, Naz said:

Gawd that is beautiful.  THAT is what a mask should be shaped like, triangle vents and all.

Agreed.  I am a sucker for that classic mask look/shape.

Nas, idk if you remember or not,  but I mentioned back when I got my Protechsport mask that something looked off about it.  I did a side by side of this picture and a picture of my mask.  They're actually not very far off from each other.  I think the biggest reason it appeared to be off was because of how long my chin drop was.  You don't really see many of these masks with a big chin drop.  Other than that, the vents on my mask are slightly smaller.