Cleaning gear

A10airknight

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Be very careful about your gear getting too hot, especially if you have anything thermoformable like you your skates or catcher.  Depending on how its laid out in your bag you can get some serious warping.  I learned this the hard way.

On April 27, 2017 at 7:56 AM, jayluv54 said:

Be very careful about your gear getting too hot, especially if you have anything thermoformable like you your skates or catcher.  Depending on how its laid out in your bag you can get some serious warping.  I learned this the hard way.

Fortunately I don't have thermoformable gear. I'm in a rough spot where I am in an apartment with no place to store equipment as the wife won't let it in the place. My car is my one spot. I'll have to check with my rink to see if they have paid options

1 hour ago, A10airknight said:

Fortunately I don't have thermoformable gear. I'm in a rough spot where I am in an apartment with no place to store equipment as the wife won't let it in the place. My car is my one spot. I'll have to check with my rink to see if they have paid options

No balcony or storage shed?  Parents live close by?  When my wife and I(fiance at the time) had an apartment(it was at a house, not a complex type) I just left my gear at my parents house and went and got it when I needed.  It was a pain in the ass but I did what I had to do.

The reason I ask is that among other areas, my works has a dedicated locker area in the ground floor mens' room for cyclists to air out their gear after cycling in. From the funk you smell going in there, I know I could put a couple of sets of goalie gear in there and no one would ever know...

Archived