Sign in to follow this  
a_miller01

Pants recommendations

Looking to get some new pants in a bit but not sure exactly what to get. Currently in some CCM premier pros that have been through war. Looking for something lighter and more mobile. Loved the protection of my ccms but they started to slow me down as they got older and more worn down. I tuck my chesty and use suspenders. Bauer has caught my eye for their lack of weight but unsure of protection. Any input/thoughts/experiences would be great :) 

ive found the shield pants to be decent in weight. i tuck the chesty in, just upgraded from L to XL to make them be able to accommodate the chesty being tucked into them, i like the tapered fit pants for mobility too. 

8 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

CCM Pro Stock HP12A or 13

I picked up a pair of slightly used Lightning ones. Definitely back this. Super comfortable.

Bauer s190 have almost no protection but are very light. I wouldn’t go with  Bauer unless going pro model, and even then I don’t even know how good the pro model protection is. 

2 hours ago, Moose75 said:

I picked up a pair of slightly used Lightning ones. Definitely back this. Super comfortable.

11 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

+1

12 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

This! Watch The Goalie Crease on Facebook... @TGC-Rance and the boys always seems to get in a pile of pro return pants

15 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Whats the difference between pro stock CCM and stock premier or shield lines? Never looked into pro stock pants before tbh and where might be the best place to look for pro stock pants? I already checked out prostockhockey.com but no luck. Sideline swap?

How about RYR? I remember reading good things about them -- never tried them myself but locally made and competitively priced from what I understand.

On 10/5/2018 at 7:28 PM, a_miller01 said:

Looking to get some new pants in a bit but not sure exactly what to get. Currently in some CCM premier pros that have been through war. Looking for something lighter and more mobile. Loved the protection of my ccms but they started to slow me down as they got older and more worn down. I tuck my chesty and use suspenders. Bauer has caught my eye for their lack of weight but unsure of protection. Any input/thoughts/experiences would be great :) 

Vaughn

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   10 Members, 0 Anonymous, 54 Guests (See full list)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    MBrown27
    Newest Member
    MBrown27

• By phantoms70
      Looking for a pair of Minnesota Wild goalie pants.
      Size XL or fit 4.

• By BadAngle41
      Bracelayer Knee Stabilizing Compression Pants are high-performance athletic tights built on a 4-way stretch, moisture wicking & anti-bacterial Lycra base which provides overall compression to help promote circulation and boost performance. 
      What's make Bracelayer Compression Gear standout from the competition is our unique Tri-Tech construction which incorporates a thin layer of medical-grade, ventilated neoprene around the knees, IT bands and hips to improve balance and stability while reducing joint pain.
      That's how Bracelayer describes their products. First sentence... not a big deal... they're compression pants... I can get something like that about anywhere. But like many of you who have played goal and other sports for decades now... my body has taken a beating. Most every joint from the waist down has seen some sort of surgical procedure. I've tired to wear non-rigid knee braces over compression pants... but never liked the bulk and abandoned them years ago. That's where the second sentence peaked my interest so I decided to look into them more.
      Bracelayer has a number of products available right now... one of which is hockey specific... the KX2 Redline; full length pant w/a cup pouch and velcro tabs for attaching socks. I prefer a 3/4 length, don't wear socks, and wear a standard jock under my compression pants... so need for any of the hockey specific features... and an apparent perfect fit to their KXV. But rather than just buying them I reached out to Baselayer for their recommendation for my application... in particular the difference in neoprene thickness and lengths. 

Their response was "The KX2 was our original pant and provides a bit more support than the KXV so we decided to make our hockey pant based of it. That being said many people prefer the 1.5mm neoprene because it is less bulky behind the knee so there is a good chance we will have a 3/4 KXV RedLine pant available in the future as well." With that... I placed an order for a pair of KXV and should have them in a couple days.
      My expectations for these are pretty tempered. I am anticipating that they provide a noticeable difference in compression over my current 3/4 Under Armor pants... but certainly not expecting the performance of say a purpose knee brace. It's not a major purchase by any means... but could be a nice addition to the bag that gives me if nothing else a good placebo effect. More to come as I get a chance to try them on the ice...
      Bracelayer Knee Stabilizing Compression Pants

• By BadAngle41
      Has anyone picked up a pair of these CCM Pro Return 13A NHL Spec Pants from Goalie Monkey? I've been looking for a new pair for a while now and the price on these isn't bad. I've only really worn Vaughn (currently V5s) so any feedback on them would be greatly appreciated.
      https://www.goaliemonkey.com/equipment/pants/sr-goalie-pants/ccm-goalie-pants-13a-pro-return.html
      From Goalie Monkey:
      Details
      Brand new for the 2017-2018 NHL season, we have gotten our hands on the newest spec CCM Pro Return NHL Spec Senior Goalie Pants!
      These pants are the exclusive 13A model which is built off of several different styles of pant to offer the highest level of protection. The base of the pant is most similar to the Reebok 11K pant which features a separate upper attachment from the lower half. The biggest change in NHL spec pants is the rounded thighs on the bottom half which sit closer to the goaltenders body. Moving to the top of the pant, the hip padding is very similar to the older CCM CL Pro pant mixed with designs from the CCM 12A pro stock pant. That front hip padding has an extra strategic cut to allow for more flexibility, while being sewn down in more places so the padding does not fold up and expose the thigh.
      The second biggest change in NHL spec pants is the full elastic front which does not allow goalies to wear their pants incredibly baggy. This full elastic front allows for more uniformity and a tighter fit on the body.
      Last, the sizing of the waist was changed to make the sizing of goalie pants more specific to the individual goaltender, so please check the size chart before purchasing.
      These pants are made to NHL and AHL specifications ALL Pro Return gear is made to the Pro's specification and may have been altered or have slight cosmetic blemishes Some pants may have the lacing in front instead of full elastic Some pants may also have “KW” signature or a player specific name on the inside No Warranty