Cut Resistant Compression Pants

I couldn't find a thread about this, but did see the discussion about the Oneiric goalie compression pants in another thread.

Anyone own a good pair of cut-resistant pants? A search online turned up mostly player-specific stuff other than the Oneiric, CCM Base360 (that may or may not be available), and the ACHILLES cut resistant pants. I am leaning towards the ACHILLES right now because they have a fair bit of cut-resistant material as compared to others.

https://wingman-sports-corp.myshopify.com/collections/achilles-cut-resistant-collection/products/cut-resistant-goalie-player-underwear

12 minutes ago, motowngoalie said:

Can someone explain why cut resistant socks/pants are necessary? I've never used anything other than shock doctor compression pants with the integrated cup as a base layer. Obviously reduced risk of skate cuts I assume, what other benefits do they offer for us goalies?

No other benefits that I can think of; I'm just paranoid. Seen too many injuries not to take it seriously, like with neck guards or widow maker masks.

16 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

My current set up is UA tights and UA cut resistant calf sleeves ( not socks)

I just got a Oneirc and will start testing that out. 

Love my UA setup. Only issue is that the sleeves are pain to put on 

Let me know if you have the same fit issue I have. I can hike those britches up REAL high. Somehow still comfortable though

3 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

My current set up is UA tights and UA cut resistant calf sleeves ( not socks)

I just got a Oneirc and will start testing that out. 

Love my UA setup. Only issue is that the sleeves are pain to put on 

I just really like the look of the ACHILLES ones since they protect the whole back of the legs:

New_UHMWPE_Underwear_front_back_website_

6 hours ago, TitanG said:

I just really like the look of the ACHILLES ones since they protect the whole back of the legs:

New_UHMWPE_Underwear_front_back_website_

Titan if you get either of these cut resistant pants - please let us know asap how they fir and feel when your on the ice!

Really interested in considering these.

5 hours ago, Big2 said:

Titan if you get either of these cut resistant pants - please let us know asap how they fir and feel when your on the ice!

Sounds good. Won't be playing until January but I'll let you know then.

18 hours ago, Big2 said:

I found the Base360 ones (under the brand name BodyArmour) for really cheap on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.ca/BODYARMOUR-Adult-Protective-Pant-Medium/dp/B01MXXM6JT/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1538984351&sr=8-5&keywords=BODYARMOUR&dpID=31RfR5Gg94L&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

They're like half the price of the CCM branded Base360 pants that look basically identical, but don't have the extra protection above the knee like these ones. We'll see how they work out.

99% of the cut resistance pants only offer protection for your calf/achilles area, plus they pull up and move around. Also some don't offer 360 protection. If that is all your looking for and wear socks in your skates, just get socks.  I wear tuff n lite socks and my full calves and achilles area is covered 360 degrees around, and i can wear my normal compression pants over top. Also the cut protection goes down into my skates just in case. I had looked into the pants before but the cost and limited area of protection led my to just buy socks.

http://www.tuffnlitehockey.com/buy-canada.html

4 hours ago, jeff da goalie said:

I have both the Achilles and the Oneiric.  I switched from the Achilles.  The quality isn't quite there and the sizing is bizarre (they were way too big, and I'm a big guy).  I've been very pleased with the Oneiric goalie base layer so far.

Yeah I also chose the Base360 product since it's a mix of HPPE (plastic) and Kevlar whereas the ACHILLES is only HPPE.

15 minutes ago, Snowman30 said:

99% of the cut resistance pants only offer protection for your calf/achilles area, plus they pull up and move around. Also some don't offer 360 protection. If that is all your looking for and wear socks in your skates, just get socks.  I wear tuff n lite socks and my full calves and achilles area is covered 360 degrees around, and i can wear my normal compression pants over top. Also the cut protection goes down into my skates just in case. I had looked into the pants before but the cost and limited area of protection led my to just buy socks.

http://www.tuffnlitehockey.com/buy-canada.html

Yeah I got some socks too. We'll see how they work out (hopefully never need to find out).

On 10/7/2018 at 5:41 AM, Big2 said:

The BodyArmour pants arrived today, and while I won't be able to use them yet on the ice I tried them on and they seem great -- materials seem to be heavier duty than other compression pants I own.

20 minutes ago, Big2 said:

Titan can you post a picture and ID the product model?

Yep here you go:

E3CE0987-AE1A-4F6A-B53F-0E1F17680E1A.thumb.jpeg.98b9e54732058976887eeed395ed5ca7.jpeg

FBFAAA81-AD1A-43AD-B9A4-4D39A811CBCF.thumb.jpeg.406d32573bfe4102feaefd982ad9d4e6.jpeg

The Protection Zones go to the top of my calf — these are size large and I’m 6’2” and wear 35” Brian’s GNetiks. The material seems thick and durable.

Like I said in the previous post, I got them on Amazon: https://www.amazon.ca/BODYARMOUR-Adult-Protective-Pant-Medium/dp/B01MXXM6JT/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1539656565&sr=8-3&keywords=bodyarmour+hockey&dpID=31RfR5Gg94L&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

They used to be sold at Canadian Tire, not sure if that's still the case. 40 CAD seems like a good deal to me.

On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 10:22 PM, TitanG said:

Yep here you go:

E3CE0987-AE1A-4F6A-B53F-0E1F17680E1A.thumb.jpeg.98b9e54732058976887eeed395ed5ca7.jpeg

FBFAAA81-AD1A-43AD-B9A4-4D39A811CBCF.thumb.jpeg.406d32573bfe4102feaefd982ad9d4e6.jpeg

The Protection Zones go to the top of my calf — these are size large and I’m 6’2” and wear 35” Brian’s GNetiks. The material seems thick and durable.

Like I said in the previous post, I got them on Amazon: https://www.amazon.ca/BODYARMOUR-Adult-Protective-Pant-Medium/dp/B01MXXM6JT/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1539656565&sr=8-3&keywords=bodyarmour+hockey&dpID=31RfR5Gg94L&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

They used to be sold at Canadian Tire, not sure if that's still the case. 40 CAD seems like a good deal to me.

Thanks!

On 10/6/2018 at 8:11 PM, Big2 said:

My son uses cut resistant sock/ a neck protector and dangler - why would any goalie not wear/use these items better be safe than sorry. 

I would never allow him to go on the ice without any of these items

i throw on a dangler ocassionally but you ẁould never let me on the ice lol 

Archived