Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
seagoal

Seattle Expansion Team

Recommended Posts

Aside from the Metro part, the new divisions are fairly idiot proof to figure out.

I will jump on the bandwagon for hating the current playoff format. 1-8 is easily the best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, WillyGrips13 said:

Ever since they switched away from the Patrick Division and Adams Division in the Wales Conference and the Norris Division and the Smythe Division in the Campbell Conference, I haven’t been able to retain any of the bland, nondescript names of Divisions and Conferences. At least they were doing one through eight in the conference for playoffs for a while afterwards. Of course, they did away with that and now have an overly-confusing, convoluted system that no one either understands or cares about. 

Exactly, I don’t know the Atlantic division was a thing 😂😂😂

Maybe the metro could become the mid states division then 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/7/2019 at 5:41 PM, WillyGrips13 said:

Ever since they switched away from the Patrick Division and Adams Division in the Wales Conference and the Norris Division and the Smythe Division in the Campbell Conference, I haven’t been able to retain any of the bland, nondescript names of Divisions and Conferences. At least they were doing one through eight in the conference for playoffs for a while afterwards. Of course, they did away with that and now have an overly-confusing, convoluted system that no one either understands or cares about. 

On 11/7/2019 at 5:52 PM, coopaloop1234 said:

Aside from the Metro part, the new divisions are fairly idiot proof to figure out.

I will jump on the bandwagon for hating the current playoff format. 1-8 is easily the best.

On 11/7/2019 at 6:27 PM, TheGoalNet said:

Exactly, I don’t know the Atlantic division was a thing 😂😂😂

Maybe the metro could become the mid states division then 

The majority of current Metro division used to be the Atlantic prior to realignment when each conference had 3 divisions.  The Eastern particularly had Northeast, Atlantic, and Southeast.  Florida and Tampa kind of ruin the naming options for the Eastern Conference.  Every team in the current Atlantic division aside from those two are in the northeast so you can't carryover that name from the previous setup.  You can't call the current Metro Division the Northeast Division because you have Carolina in there.  The league was forced to improvise.  They tried to preserve the majority of the rivalries over making the names of the divisions make sense.  It is what it is.

Regarding the playoff system I agree it sucks.  However, hopefully it will change with Seattle entering the league and evening the Conferences.  I remember reading that the reason they adopted this stupid wild card format is because the west had two less teams than the east so the odds of making the playoffs were easier in one conference than it was in the other.  This format mitigated that.  Now that both conferences each have 16 teams hopefully they either drop the wild card and do straight 1-4 in each division or go back to 1-8 in each conference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/7/2019 at 3:41 PM, WillyGrips13 said:

Ever since they switched away from the Patrick Division and Adams Division in the Wales Conference and the Norris Division and the Smythe Division in the Campbell Conference, I haven’t been able to retain any of the bland, nondescript names of Divisions and Conferences. At least they were doing one through eight in the conference for playoffs for a while afterwards. Of course, they did away with that and now have an overly-confusing, convoluted system that no one either understands or cares about. 

Western (Pacific and Central Divisions) and Eastern ( Metropolitan and Atlantic Divisions) Conferences. The naming conventions make much more sense than they did previously, as they now refer to the geographic location of each team, so you can (usually) identify what division/conference a team is in by their city.

Top three teams in each division make the playoffs, with the final two playoff spots in each conference being Wild Cards. Not as simple as 1-8 in each conference, but not that confusing either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...