Seattle Kraken Expansion Team

seagoal

@MTH "WTF is a sockeye?"

Sockeye, Chinook,Pink, Chum, and Coho are all types of salmon. A lot of people  living out here (BC/Washington state/Oregon) make their living fishing, especially for salmon. Pike's Place Market in Seattle is a popular fish market which has a lot of pubs, eateries etc and is quite the tourist attraction.

Actually, spelled differently the Seattle "Kohos" would be kind of a neat tie in to the equipment, but probably only to goalies...

Edited by Colander
  • Like 1

Sockeye are known for their deep salmon red color and bold flavor.  They live all over the place in WA state and are quite common and quite delicious

image.png.34520e9fba22ac56501a1997dc17c18a.png

image.png.82e93eefa75bf779a94b61be15c710a0.png

And again, here is the recent marketing color scheme they've been using.  No small coincidence, it seems

image.png.cfbf368eab76e25d2b3a0ffea208037d.png

Edited by seagoal

20 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Sockeye are known for their deep salmon red color and bold flavor.  They live all over the place in WA state and are quite common and quite delicious

Oh man - very little beats salmon on the barbecue, or in my case, beer-b-que. If you live in this part of the world and have ever had the opportunity to attend a First Nations barbecue, you know how delicious salmon can be!

Great - still two hours to lunch 🥺

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Colander said:

Oh man - very little beats salmon on the barbecue, or in my case, beer-b-que. If you live in this part of the world and have ever had the opportunity to attend a First Nations barbecue, you know how delicious salmon can be!

Great - still two hours to lunch 🥺

I make a Teriyaki/Honey/Garlic glaze for my BBQ salmon.... droooooooool

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, seagoal said:

And again, here is the recent marketing color scheme they've been using.  No small coincidence, it seems

image.png.cfbf368eab76e25d2b3a0ffea208037d.png

With Seattle's rich old time hockey history, it's a shame they didn't do what the Senators did and revive the old name. I am not from Seattle, so I probably completely underestimate what it means to local the area... but it seems to generic to me.

2 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

With Seattle's rich old time hockey history, it's a shame they didn't do what the Senators did and revive the old name. I am not from Seattle, so I probably completely underestimate what it means to local the area... but it seems to generic to me.

Do you mean the colors or the name?

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Scythe said:

The old Northstar colors were nice. I've always like that combo but the shades of the colors feels too retro to me now. That combination in different shades would be something to look into. 

For sure, yellow and green have a natural harmony and are extremely complimentary.   I think it's a shame there's no use of it in the NHL.

I saw these the other day and I just dreamt about the potential in Seattle 

Screenshot_20190702-180139_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, seagoal said:

For sure, yellow and green have a natural harmony and are extremely complimentary.   I think it's a shame there's no use of it in the NHL.

I saw these the other day and I just dreamt about the potential in Seattle 

Screenshot_20190702-180139_Samsung Internet.jpg

Goes with my Seals sweater:

3BDEED34-A296-4E06-9EB9-1D7B973374F2.jpeg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Scythe said:

The old Northstar colors were nice. I've always like that combo but the shades of the colors feels too retro to me now. That combination in different shades would be something to look into. 

Why do you think I have gone bat shit crazy over that colour combo?!? Sport gold and kelly green are HOTTER than Cotton Candy the dancer (and she was BLAZING and smelled like Cotton Candy). 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hey bunny, seagoal i was a little kid when we went but my parents took us to a Seals Canadiens game in Oakland around 1976 when they wore the auqa sweaters. Simmons vs Dryden that night. I remember touching Meloche's blocker when they were walking out of the dressing room. 

MELOCHE_27_SEALS_PIC_10_grande.jpg

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Scythe said:

Hey bunny, seagoal i was a little kid when we went but my parents took us to a Seals Canadiens game in Oakland around 1976 when they wore the auqa sweaters. Simmons vs Dryden that night. I remember touching Meloche's blocker when they were walking out of the dressing room. 

MELOCHE_27_SEALS_PIC_10_grande.jpg

I would have gone with teal, but I am crazy about matching and finding a teal shell would have been frustrating at best! 503 had a blowout on that colour scheme earlier this year. When I finally had the faith to pull the trigger, they were out of 5X. 

Cool story.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, seagoal said:

^ colors of the enemy...eventually. 

Hey- it’s about time you have a geographically close rival.

For me, it’s just down to a cool uni to wear, and I SERIOUSLY hope your team has a cool uni. Red and black = blech!  It’s great for other teams, but you need teal or kelly green with sport gold! If your new team’s unis are cool enough, I’ll rock it!

39 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

Hey- it’s about time you have a geographically close rival.

For me, it’s just down to a cool uni to wear, and I SERIOUSLY hope your team has a cool uni. Red and black = blech!  It’s great for other teams, but you need teal or kelly green with sport gold! If your new team’s unis are cool enough, I’ll rock it!

For sure.

I'm buying a dark jersey, hat, tshirt , flag, and a puck....regardless. 

Im totally jealous Seagoal! Happy for you though.. enjoy!.. being in a place that lost one team then another! 9 years after i moved here for work sucks. It's a shame. .. stupid owners that didn't give a flip about the team or it's fans. We still have ECHL at least. 

Edited by Scythe
Mi

23 minutes ago, Scythe said:

Im totally jealous Seagoal! Happy for you though.. enjoy!.. being in a place that lost one team then another! 9 years after i moved here for work sucks. It's a shame. .. stupid owners that didn't give a flip about the team or it's fans. We still have ECHL at least. 

...Atlanta?

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Scythe said:

Nearly 40 years have passed since the FIRST Atlanta team had left. Of course I have a sweater:

67DA4B2B-1696-4B09-9DEE-BE547BAF4C52.jpeg

4958FCE6-286E-4A1F-8ADF-CC612A7A7984.jpeg

• Like 1