Seattle Kraken Expansion Team

seagoal

8 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

Nearly 40 years have passed since the FIRST Atlanta team had left. Of course I have a sweater:

67DA4B2B-1696-4B09-9DEE-BE547BAF4C52.jpeg

4958FCE6-286E-4A1F-8ADF-CC612A7A7984.jpeg

Total Awesomeness bunny! I met Dan Bouchard at one of the local rinks a few years ago. He still lives here. He told me one of his Flame's masks is hung up in a dentist office somewhere in the area. He was teaching goal the morning I met him. Had on Graf skates

59 minutes ago, Scythe said:

Total Awesomeness bunny! I met Dan Bouchard at one of the local rinks a few years ago. He still lives here. He told me one of his Flame's masks is hung up in a dentist office somewhere in the area. He was teaching goal the morning I met him. Had on Graf skates

Dan had very cool paint schemes on his masks. 

Isn’t it strange what we remember when seeing a retired NHL-er? What I remember about what I saw MacInnis was that his stick was not wood. It literally looked like something he just picked up. I’m certain it wasn’t, by the way. 

Coach Hitchcock wore very flashy Graf, which was shocking. The logos were gigantic.  

• 3 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, Scythe said:

I saw Ron Francis got the nod for GM. Wish the team was ready to go in 2020.. 2021 seems so far away. 

Yeah, he's made a great first impression on the city and it has gotten a lot of coverage in the media.  He has been in a town for a while now with several meet and greats and the ownership crew featured a brand new NHL Seattle themed zamboni in a local parade this past week.....it was once again painted with the salmon, seafoam green, black, and white colors.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, seagoal said:

Yeah, he's made a great first impression on the city and it has gotten a lot of coverage in the media.  He has been in a town for a while now with several meet and greats and the ownership crew featured a brand new NHL Seattle themed zamboni in a local parade this past week.....it was once again painted with the salmon, seafoam green, black, and white colors.

At least it is not black and red or blue and white.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, seagoal said:

Wow! Yes I'd like sport salmon and seafoam green on my pads please ...

9 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

So are the colors confirmed?

Not officially, no.

But there is marketing stuff all over the internet and Seattle with salmon red, seafoam green, black, and white.

It's specifically the darker, sockeye red, too...

image.thumb.png.9389d231a569b13b1aeb90343743d469.png

image.thumb.png.358e4794dfa05546b78588d1acf8738c.png

Edited by seagoal

25 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

On the Zam, it looks like Blackhawks with a teeny bit of seafoam green.

😞

Sorta.  There's a distinction between salmon red and "Red" that we see in the NHL already.

The Seattle red is more pinkish/orangeish. .

It's funny.  There's been a lot of moaning about the team being named after a fish and fish aren't ferocious or scary or brutal or tough...

Meanwhile, the most successful team, arguably, in the past few decades is the ferocious, brutal killer known as

image.thumb.png.3d8d69900cd20a1ad41b6fc10aa4cfea.png

Edited by seagoal

14 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Sorta.  There's a distinction between salmon red and "Red" that we see in the NHL already.

It's funny.  There's been a lot of moaning about the team being named after a fish and fish aren't ferocious or scary or brutal or tough...

Meanwhile, the most successful team, arguably, in the past few decades is the ferocious, brutal killer known as

I'm ok with the colours. I think I would've preferred the Yellow/Green/White but this is still a pretty unique colour scheme. I'm happy that they didn't use the Seahawks colours and that they're going with something new. Vegas did well to stand out, looks like Seattle is doing the same.

I like the Sockeye's as a name. It's no Rain City Bitch Pigeons, but it's good enough for my books.

3981152_0.jpg.e859e5f63c8ae608ea45a1cb21241b1e.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I'm ok with the colours. I think I would've preferred the Yellow/Green/White but this is still a pretty unique colour scheme. I'm happy that they didn't use the Seahawks colours and that they're going with something new. Vegas did well to stand out, looks like Seattle is doing the same.

I like the Sockeye's as a name. It's no Rain City Bitch Pigeons, but it's good enough for my books.

Ha. Whoa.

Where the heck did you find that?

Just now, seagoal said:

Ha. Whoa.

Where the heck did you find that?

https://twitter.com/itstaiki/status/1070391336375738368?lang=en

It was one of the top voted for names for Seattle's new team. Some reddit users went all out and designed a logo for it and even allowed people to buy T-Shirts with it on.

https://www.teepublic.com/t-shirt/3981152-rain-city-bitch-pigeons

23 minutes ago, seagoal said:

image.thumb.png.3d8d69900cd20a1ad41b6fc10aa4cfea.png

They are ferocious if you’re a fish...

6 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

That logo would be the greatest EVER.