Seattle Kraken Expansion Team

seagoal

2 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Thanks man.  I'm so excited.  I feel like a 10 year old kid right now.  I'm happy and proud and sentimental and relieved and tired all at the same time.

I gotta say, the one thing I am surprised at is that there is no green involved.  I'm not disappointed, just surprised.  That said, I think they knocked this out of the park, the whole package, and I'm mostly just impressed. 

Good times. Glad to share this stuff with you guys.

Yea I was surprised to not see green either.  

1 minute ago, Naz said:

The more I see of the Kracken jersey, the more it makes me think of this Canucks' jersey

kracken.jpg

clouts.jpg

No! Heresy!  You live in BC, you have NO right to criticize, haha.  Just kidding. 

I can see that. But it's mostly just the navy base with the red stripe.

15 hours ago, seagoal said:

I will say @Naz if the Kraken goalie does not have red in his gear, as Mr. Cloutier graciously does there, I'm going to riot outside Climate Change Arena.  THAT will be offensive.

Ever heard "asshole" by Dennis Leary? Just show up to the games with a Diesel truck and litter your KFC packing outside the arena on the walk in. Climate Change Area will take notice.

1 hour ago, TheGoalNet said:

Ever heard "asshole" by Dennis Leary? Just show up to the games with a Diesel truck and litter your KFC packing outside the arena on the walk in. Climate Change Area will take notice.

deleted comment 

Edited by Dumpy
political comment

3 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

...and don't forget to park in the handicap places while the handicap people make handicap faces

2 hours ago, Puckstopper said:

I hear the organist will be playing some Krak-pipes.

...and then the fans are Krak-heads?

21 hours ago, seagoal said:

No! Heresy!  You live in BC, you have NO right to criticize, haha.  Just kidding. 

I can see that. But it's mostly just the navy base with the red stripe.

You guys are the Canucks Jr. 

Orca > Calamari. 

Happy for you man. I'll be looking forward to bashing you guys for years. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

You guys are the Canucks Jr. 

Orca > Calamari. 

Happy for you man. I'll be looking forward to bashing you guys for years. 

My buddy here is irate.  He's hates the name, the colors, the jersey, and the logo.  After pressing him, he doesn't like that the logo itself is not the name,  so not a Kraken. And, even if it were, there are no Kraken in Puget Sound so it's stupid anyway.

In his mind, the City Thing format should mean your logo is the Thing AND there must be the Things in your City.  

By my count, 17/32 meet this requirement.  

Meh, doesn't bother me.  I think conceptually our logo resembles Philadelphia or New Jersey most. Plus, our logo honors the Metropolitan's S, so that's a win.

I love it all so far for our new team.

20200724_095034.jpg

Edited by seagoal

21 minutes ago, seagoal said:

My buddy here is irate.  He's hates the name, the colors, the jersey, and the logo.  After pressing him, he doesn't like that the logo itself is not the name,  so not a Kraken. And, even if it were, there are no Kraken in Puget Sound so it's stupid anyway.

In his mind, the City Thing format should mean your logo is the Thing AND there must be the Things in your City.  

By my count, 17/32 meet this requirement.  

Meh, doesn't bother me.  I think conceptually our logo resembles Philadelphia or New Jersey most. Plus, our logo honors the Metropolitan's S, so that's a win.

I love it all so far for our new team.

20200724_095034.jpg

When the blues came to StLouis, people thought the name was dumb. You have a great chance to be a good expansion team. Congrats even though i dont know what the hell a kracken is. 

35 minutes ago, Dumpy said:

When the blues came to StLouis, people thought the name was dumb. You have a great chance to be a good expansion team. Congrats even though i dont know what the hell a kracken is. 

It's a viscous mythical octopus in Scandinavian folklore.

45 minutes ago, estogoalie said:

Yea, how does that tie into Pacific coast Seattle?

13 minutes ago, Dumpy said:

But isn’t Seattle on the Northwestern Coast of the USA? Thanks for the answer.

Kraken vodka aint bad.

Well Seattle is indeed a maritime, water, oceanic city.  We have ships and seaplanes and lochs all over the place.  It's a water-centric city.  Plus, there is a massive Scandinavian culture, heritage, and population of immigrants.  Our major shipping neighborhood, Ballard, is covered in Scandinavian flags.  There is an undoubted Scandinavian connection here (I happen to speak Swedish too, so that's fun).

By the way @Dumpy, it's cool you live in or near St. Louis and are a Blues fan.  They are a unique team if you look at how all team names stack up as words.....do they end in 's' or not, singular vs. plural, etc.  I'm pretty sure the Blues are the only team that saying the name in the singular doesn't work.

So, if a reporter says to a player "How has your time been so far since you've joined the Blues?" and the player says "It's great so far.  Being a Blue has been a great privilege.....yadda yadda."

That's a unique thing for them. 

There are a few where the plural and singular are the same: Avalanche, Lightning, Kraken, Wild   <----also the 4 teams not ending in 's'.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Well Seattle is indeed a maritime, water, oceanic city.  We have ships and seaplanes and lochs all over the place.  It's a water-centric city.  Plus, there is a massive Scandinavian culture, heritage, and population of immigrants.  Our major shipping neighborhood, Ballard, is covered in Scandinavian flags.  There is an undoubted Scandinavian connection here (I happen to speak Swedish too, so that's fun).

By the way @Dumpy, it's cool you live in or near St. Louis and are a Blues fan.  They are a unique team if you look at how all team names stack up as words.....do they end in 's' or not, singular vs. plural, etc.  I'm pretty sure the Blues are the only team that saying the name in the singular doesn't work.

So, if a reporter says to a player "How has your time been so far since you've joined the Blues?" and the player says "It's great so far.  Being a Blue has been a great privilege.....yadda yadda."

That's a unique thing for them. 

There are a few where the plural and singular are the same: Avalanche, Lightning, Kraken, Wild   <----also the 4 teams not ending in 's'.

But then theres the Leafs. Plural is supposed to be Leaves.

The original interviews with people on the street in St. Louis about the name was funny. Some didn’t even think about it being named after one of the most recorded songs by WC Handey “the St. Louis Blues”

we nearly lost our team 35 plus years ago. I can’t imagine a world without hockey and am truly happy for you having a team of your own.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, estogoalie said:

Mascot: Phil Mc Kraken

That'll be Phil Kessel's nickname after he's taken in the expansion draft.

Oh and @Dumpy at risk seeming pedantic, Kraken is mid-grade, overly sweet rum, not vodka.  Although I will admit, it's pretty damn tasty for lower end stuff.   Back in my bartending days I used to make a shot I called "Smokin' Krak" by topping Kraken with 151 and lighting it on fire.  Tasted like a toasted marshmallow!

27 minutes ago, Puckstopper said:

That'll be Phil Kessel's nickname after he's taken in the expansion draft.

Oh and @Dumpy at risk seeming pedantic, Kraken is mid-grade, overly sweet rum, not vodka.  Although I will admit, it's pretty damn tasty for lower end stuff.   Back in my bartending days I used to make a shot I called "Smokin' Krak" by topping Kraken with 151 and lighting it on fire.  Tasted like a toasted marshmallow!

By the time I drink Kraken, im so fucked up i dont know the difference as Shots are getting called and I am along for the ride. Dont try to keep pace with an englishman while drinking youll live to regret it.