Seattle Kraken Expansion Team

seagoal

On 7/25/2020 at 7:34 AM, estogoalie said:

Nice! Not many NHL teams have a logo that translated into a tattoo nicely

There is a dude at the local sandwich shop near my office in Philly that has flyers logos tatooed on the sides of his head. His head is shaved. The logos are in the same location on his head that the Flyers have them on the sides of their helmets.

76790A_med.jpeg

I'd snap a pic of him - but the last thing you do is snap a pic of a burly white dude with a shaved head that delivers for a hoagie place in Fishtown. So, use your imagination.

On 7/29/2020 at 11:04 AM, MTH said:

There is a dude at the local sandwich shop near my office in Philly that has flyers logos tatooed on the sides of his head. His head is shaved. The logos are in the same location on his head that the Flyers have them on the sides of their helmets.

76790A_med.jpeg

I'd snap a pic of him - but the last thing you do is snap a pic of a burly white dude with a shaved head that delivers for a hoagie place in Fishtown. So, use your imagination.

What would happen if they change the logo for the helmets? I guess hed grow hair to cover that up?

5 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

They're just copying Philly. I have a feeling that the PR team on Seattle is going to follow the VGK example and be too much of a try hard.

Untitled.thumb.png.b1660c73e21011cb8ee11fa14b2dffc9.png

True, but if they can have even the tiniest bit of initial success, on all levels, as Vegas did, then they are off on the right foot. 

41 minutes ago, seagoal said:

True, but if they can have even the tiniest bit of initial success, on all levels, as Vegas did, then they are off on the right foot. 

Your Kraken have a great chance to be a krakenjack team when they get all there good picks ain’t like San Jose with their team of misfits and long in the tooth players. 

14 minutes ago, Dumpy said:

Your Kraken have a great chance to be a krakenjack team when they get all there good picks ain’t like San Jose with their team of misfits and long in the tooth players. 

For sure.  With the expansion rules we are at least guaranteed to get a great goalie.   All you gotta do is look at current teams with exceptional tandems and just imagine any of them split in half.  I think the rules are best set up for building a team from the goalie, up.

Edited by seagoal

2 minutes ago, seagoal said:

For sure.  With the expansion rules we are at least guaranteed to get a great goalie.   All you gotta do is look at current teams with exceptional tandems and just imagine any of them split in half.  I think the rules are best set up for building a team from the goalie, up.

Expansion teams should have a chance to be competitive from day 1 IMO

5 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Nah, they need to earn their lumps.

Also, I thought the name "climate pledge arena" was a damn meme. I can't believe that's the actual name of the arena.

That's just awful.

Wont get into the politics of arena names but for the success of the team, they need a chance to do something straight off some expansion teams were so terrible they never survived. California Seals come to mind.

3 minutes ago, Colander said:

Well it's one thing to be a crappy team, but if you add a stupid name to it, you'd be better off just heading to the local Harley bar and explaining to them how 'V'-twins suck...

Or say how that Porsche designed V rod was the best bike they ever built The Seals jerseys were pretty cool.

4 minutes ago, Dumpy said:

Or say how that Porsche designed V rod was the best bike they ever built The Seals jerseys were pretty cool.

Oh, I think you'll find a good amount of people that would say otherwise.

Those seals jerseys are in the same boat as the Burger King LA jerseys. Just horrendus

51 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Also, I thought the name "climate pledge arena" was a damn meme. I can't believe that's the actual name of the arena.

That's just awful.

It will be the first arena, in the world, with absolutely no climate inside.  How cool is that?

Interesting, the Capital's announcers were just discussing the Kraken on air.  The lead announcer said he loves the logo, loves the jerseys, loves the colors...though he's confused why there is no green since Seattle is called the Emerald City and it crawling with green everywhere...but said the name..."let's just say it's going to be a mouthful for us announcers."

I can't for the life of me imagine what will be at all awkward about a powerplay called the Krak Attack and a cute little tentacled mascot named Krakie rallying up the Krakheads in the Krakhouse as the Krakpipes play organ music.  What is a mouthful about any of that?

In all seriousness, I don't think the organization will be able to touch anything along those lines, for obvious (sophmorically funny) reasons.  I do think the fans in town will run with it all, organically, and it will be a thing. I just don't think the team itself will be able to use it or promote it.

Edited by seagoal

23 hours ago, seagoal said:

Interesting, the Capital's announcers were just discussing the Kraken on air.  The lead announcer said he loves the logo, loves the jerseys, loves the colors...though he's confused why there is no green since Seattle is called the Emerald City and it crawling with green everywhere...but said the name..."let's just say it's going to be a mouthful for us announcers."

I can't for the life of me imagine what will be at all awkward about a powerplay called the Krak Attack and a cute little tentacled mascot named Krakie rallying up the Krakheads in the Krakhouse as the Krakpipes play organ music.  What is a mouthful about any of that?

In all seriousness, I don't think the organization will be able to touch anything along those lines, for obvious (sophmorically funny) reasons.  I do think the fans in town will run with it all, organically, and it will be a thing. I just don't think the team itself will be able to use it or promote it.

What about jeers? Like a meme of Whitny Hooston sayin dont you know crack is whack?!?

A1C8D42E-81E1-4AD6-BE88-4FACDDA1D7C1.jpeg

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

That's just awful.

I'm surprised it's not the "BLM-ANTIFA-LGBTQ-BIOPC Arena"

But no matter, rioters will burn it down within a year anyway, let's start taking bets now on what the next arena name will be..

1 hour ago, estogoalie said:

I'm surprised it's not the "BLM-ANTIFA-LGBTQ-BIOPC Arena"

But no matter, rioters will burn it down within a year anyway, let's start taking bets now on what the next arena name will be..

I'm triggered!  I'll forgive you though, because I'm sure you intended to refer to them as peaceful protesters.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Puckstopper said:

I'm triggered!  I'll forgive you though, because I'm sure you intended to refer to them as peaceful protesters.

I love the term "mostly peaceful" as though it is at all relevant.

You can commit name-any-violent-felony at 2:45pm on any day and still say you were "mostly peaceful" that day...while still being a violent felon.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, seagoal said:

I love the term "mostly peaceful" as though it is at all relevant.

You can commit name-any-violent-felony at 2:45pm on any day and still say you were "mostly peaceful" that day...while still being a violent felon.

It's pretty crazy to see the online discourse surrounding all of this. It's exhausting from both ends of the spectrum from Americans.

I want Trump out so that I can try to enjoy social media again. But at the same time, watching the meltdown potential is he gets a second term would be super spicy.

Peace or memes? It's a tough choice.

31 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

It's pretty crazy to see the online discourse surrounding all of this. It's exhausting from both ends of the spectrum from Americans.

I want Trump out so that I can try to enjoy social media again. But at the same time, watching the meltdown potential is he gets a second term would be super spicy.

Peace or memes? It's a tough choice.

Like him or hate him, he is certainly the most entertaining and content creating American president in history.