Seattle Kraken Expansion Team

seagoal

1 hour ago, seagoal said:

and the Seattle Thunderbirds

Seattle Thunderbirds Hockey Game | Key arena in Seattle just… | Flickr

I miss the old Mercer Street arena where the Thunderbirds used to play.  That was probably the most intimidating arena I have ever played in as a visiting team.

2 minutes ago, Naz said:

I miss the old Mercer Street arena where the Thunderbirds used to play.  That was probably the most intimidating arena I have ever played in as a visiting team.

What year was that?  I don't think I'm aware of it.  I have only lived in Seattle since 2006.

So you played in the WHL back in the day, (eh?)? (<-- proper use of Canadian right here....I know my Canadian linguistic question structures) :)

Just now, seagoal said:

What year was that?  I don't think I'm aware of it.  I have only lived in Seattle since 2006.

So you played in the WHL back in the day, (eh?)? (<-- proper use of Canadian right here....I know my Canadian linguistic question structures) :)

Nice and proper use of eh!  
yes, this was way back in the day... the 88/89 Season for me.  I think it was about 94 or so that they stopped using that arena altogether.
Tight corners that the zamboni couldn't even get into, suuuuuper steep stands that felt like the fans were right on top of you, and LOUD!!!

• Like 1

Just now, Naz said:

Nice and proper use of eh!  
yes, this was way back in the day... the 88/89 Season for me.  I think it was about 94 or so that they stopped using that arena altogether.
Tight corners that the zamboni couldn't even get into, suuuuuper steep stands that felt like the fans were right on top of you, and LOUD!!!

Nice, I didn't know this about you Naz.   Were you a Royal or Giant?

22 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Nice, I didn't know this about you Naz.   Were you a Royal or Giant?

A Cougar, when they were still in Victoria.  The last year of a winning team in Victoria.  I only got into a few games, rode the pine as a 17 year old backup for about 2 months when Wade Flaherty got hurt.

• 3 weeks later...

And the Kraken have their first player, Luke Henman from the QMJHL

I know basically nothing about the Q and have not heard of him, so in that sense it feels Meh for me, but it's a huge step forward and an exciting milestone.

https://www.nhl.com/kraken/news/kraken-agree-to-terms-with-luke-henman/c-324622296

And new photos from the main arena, the concrete slab is poured

E00QUE3UYAAeEE4.jpeg.jpg

E0zlmHHUYAQzhFD.jpeg.jpg

Edited by seagoal
  • Like 6

26 minutes ago, MTH said:

Fist dibs on uniform number and locker...

Not a chance Matt... The most wily veteran signed/picked up by the team will get that, and then down the line of veteran players.  

1 hour ago, MTH said:

Fist dibs on uniform number and locker...

Maybe.  The first contracted player on Vegas hasn't played an NHL game yet.

In other news....I heard through the grapevine Seattle is going after Adin Hill from Arizona, but that would fall firmly in the rumor mill.

Edited by seagoal

14 hours ago, seagoal said:

Maybe.  The first contracted player on Vegas hasn't played an NHL game yet.

In other news....I heard through the grapevine Seattle is going after Adin Hill from Arizona, but that would fall firmly in the rumor mill.

You guys should definitely draft Brett Howden from the Rangers.  He's a phenominal young talent.  I would truly hate to lose him but I would love for your team to start off with someone of his caliber.  You'll love him.

HE FUCKING SUCKS!!!!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

You guys should definitely draft Brett Howden from the Rangers.  He's a phenominal young talent.  I would truly hate to lose him but I would love for your team to start off with someone of his caliber.  You'll love him.

HE FUCKING SUCKS!!!!

Quoted for truth!  😁😆🤣

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Naz said:

Not a chance Matt... The most wily veteran signed/picked up by the team will get that, and then down the line of veteran players.  

Way to remove the fun in the first player signed post...

Claude Giroux will love playing in Seattle.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

@seagoal I have a friend who moved to Seattle, and while I know it's a huge place and there are a lot of people, I wonder if you play with him/against him. His name is Sam whitney, moved up there from Alabama. He is NOT a goalie.

Edited to add the not a goalie bit

Edited by loki1416

8 minutes ago, loki1416 said:

@seagoal I have a friend who moved to Seattle, and while I know it's a huge place and there are a lot of people, I wonder if you play with him/against him. His name is Sam whitney, moved up there from Alabama. He is NOT a goalie.

Edited to add the not a goalie bit

Hey, I don't know him by name, sorry.  It is very likely we play in the same league (GSHL --> KHL) but it is a huge league and there are 8 divisions with levels in each division. 

Ask him if he knows the try hard goalie with the sick baby blue Vaughn gear and the fancy mask paint job.  I kinda stand out ;)

• Like 2

@seagoal: nothing to do with this thread, but you’re about to hit the 1000 mark! Can we get this done today? I’ll like what I can, but it might need a team effort (I don’t want to devalue the TGN currency by over-liking, creating an inflation rate where goalies are walking up to gear stores with wheel barrows full of reputation points to buy more gear, like Germans in the 30s… what? Too soon?)

ADD47AE1-CB6C-4AFE-BC38-11E679F7145A.webp

Edited by Lucky Pucker
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lucky Pucker said:

@seagoal: nothing to do with this thread, but you’re about to hit the 1000 mark! Can we get this done today? I’ll like what I can, but it might need a team effort (I don’t want to devalue the TGN currency by over-liking, creating an inflation rate where goalies are walking up to gear stores with wheel barrows full of reputation points to buy more gear, like Germans in the 30s… what? Too soon?)

Even better,

image.png.f3a8bb9249a1a0e539f11fdf85c7b2ba.png

• Like 1

9 hours ago, loki1416 said:

@seagoal It was a super long shot at best, so I'm not upset in the least. Will email him with your description. To be honest, I don't know if is even playing up there. He was one of my adult students down here, so I should be the responsible coach and see how my people are.

I searched his name in our league player directory and got no hits.

In the Borne movies, Jason Borne was the fake name for a soldier named David Webb. The military program was called Treadstone and David Webb entered and was deleted from the face of the earth.

Sounds like your goalie may have done the same. Gone. Vaporized.

24 minutes ago, MTH said:

In the Borne movies, Jason Borne was the fake name for a soldier named David Webb. The military program was called Treadstone and David Webb entered and was deleted from the face of the earth.

Ah, ok.  Thanks.  I have not seen those movies so it went over my head.

1 hour ago, MTH said:

Gotta get Deputy Director Pamela Landy on the case. 

• Like 1