Seattle Kraken Expansion Team

seagoal

Alright well the expansion lists are out and here's what I see as intriguing for goalies.  Based on just my personal favorites, names/gear I am drawn to here is the my stand out list going down through the teams:

Antti Raanta-Arizona

Jaro Halak-Boston

Petr Mrazek-Carolina

Chris Driedger-Florida

Jonathan Quck-Los Angeles

Carey Price-Montreal

Casey Desmith-Pittsburgh

David Rittich-Toronto

Vitek Vanecek-Washington

Here are my 2 real scenarios that I like with 3 goalies:

1. Carey Price, Chris Driedger, Vitek Vanecek

2. Chris Driedger, Petr Mrazek, Vitek Vanecek

And a third scenario that will never happen, but I like just because I enjoy these guys:

3. Jaro Halak, Jonathan Quick, Petr Mrazek

Word on the street is Driedger is a done deal, he's coming to Seattle.  The biggest most looming question is of course: Can/Should we afford Price?  At 10M+ and his 11M bonus due this year, he is insanely expensive right now in particular.  

Seems like the general consensus is no matter how it pans out, Seattle is going to get 3 solid goalies as the depth of the available selections is strong. 

Other than goalies, my wish list is Max Domi, Vladimir Tarasenko, and Gabriel Landeskog.

Can't wait to see this all unfold on Wednesday. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, seagoal said:

Word on the street is Driedger is a done deal, he's coming to Seattle.  The biggest most looming question is of course: Can/Should we afford Price?  At 10M+ and his 11M bonus due this year, he is insanely expensive right now in particular.  

Take whatever is said on twitter with a grain of salt, but who knows. Could happen.

If you are a jersey nerd like so many hockey people are (I am not for whatever reason, I only own 1-Tuukka Rask Winter Classic), the Kraken will reveal their dark and white jerseys at the expansion draft tomorrow and they will be on sale September 15.

They said their selected players will be there wearing them.  I didn't realize they make their picks ahead of the public event and have the players travel to them in advance.  I didn't watch the Vegas draft.

5 minutes ago, seagoal said:

They said their selected players will be there wearing them.  I didn't realize they make their picks ahead of the public event and have the players travel to them in advance.  I didn't watch the Vegas draft.

Probably for the better, I was watching and was pretty unamused by the picks, that is until fleury was picked. But it was cool seeing the whole team together in the jerseys for the first time (even though half of that team played less than a season for VGK - or not at all)