Seattle Kraken Expansion Team

seagoal

45 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

@seagoal I'd recommend steering clear of the upper bowl.

3icijblwxgc71.jpeg

Damn.  Yeah, well it's reassuring to know there will be some cheap seats, I guess.  I remember going to Thunderbirds game in that arena back in the day and there were always some rough spots high up. 

P.S. 

On 7/14/2021 at 8:53 AM, Scythe said:

Hope they put some lights inside it.. It'd look doubly cool lit up. 

You called it bud

2128487103_Screenshot_20210720-223105_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.f9da095eb450f9bac7312193ec1bd4af.jpg

46 minutes ago, dretti33 said:

Anyone else confused as to why more than half of the teams picks have been leaked? Isn't the whole point of the draft to surprise everyone on who they pick? Viewership is definitely gonna be lower at this rate.

Yeah, I saw 26/30 leaked, including who our captain will be.  I mean, the connection you're making doesn't add up exactly:  The Kraken and the league are interested in viewership and yes it's supposed to be a surprise reveal, but ,they don't don't control leaks, the nature of which mean information that is supposed to be private goes public by an unauthorized source. 

The picks are not made live on TV afterall...the players are already here waiting to be revealed, which means the picks were made days ago.

34 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Yeah, I saw 26/30 leaked, including who our captain will be.  I mean, the connection you're making doesn't add up exactly:  The Kraken and the league are interested in viewership and yes it's supposed to be a surprise reveal, but ,they don't don't control leaks, the nature of which mean information that is supposed to be private goes public by an unauthorized source. 

The picks are not made live on TV afterall...the players are already here waiting to be revealed, which means the picks were made days ago.

All but two picks made now.  Detroit and Chicago.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nhl/news/seattle-kraken-draft-roster-nhl-expansion-picks/1cmaxh0u08qzu1p95xaugxzuwc

1 hour ago, seagoal said:

Yea I am aware that all the players travel to the location similarly to the Vegas expansion draft, but maybe i'm not fully remembering the VGK draft but we were pretty much in the dark for many of the picks. I am just suggesting that maybe the league and major media sources could have possibly done something to limit the amount of leaks. 

• Like 1

@dretti33 yeah, I get you.  I'm not someone personally bothered by spoilers of any sort.  I take no less enjoyment in seeing things play out if I know the details. 

Peepers are gonna peep, but most people aren't peepers.  The majority of people are not on twitter and youtube and Canadian blogs today looking for info.

I think the only way to possibly get around this is drop the players-at-the-event angle and do it truly live.  But honestly, that sounds boring.  I want to see Driedger on that stage wearing a Kraken jersey and smiling with his name on the back.  That's what matters, to me anyway.

• Like 1

I think it's the equivalence of complaining that there are spoilers out for an unreleased movie, but only if you look for them.

Anyone that's willing to spoil the release early is able to, but it's not like it's difficult to tune these leaks out. Especially as it's only for less than a day.

• Like 1

@seagoal absolutely agree with ya, it definitely takes away from the surprise factor but at the end of the day, half of this roster will actually dress up for the kraken seeing how crazy free agency might be this offseason. I'm hoping that the kraken are competitive and make it interesting right off the bat for the sake of the league (coming from a torontonian :) )

16 hours ago, dretti33 said:

@seagoal absolutely agree with ya, it definitely takes away from the surprise factor but at the end of the day, half of this roster will actually dress up for the kraken seeing how crazy free agency might be this offseason. I'm hoping that the kraken are competitive and make it interesting right off the bat for the sake of the league (coming from a torontonian :) )

I'm gonna go ahead and guess free agency, as crazy as people may think it could be, will be lackluster as per usual. 

1 hour ago, insertnamehere said:

I'm gonna go ahead and guess free agency, as crazy as people may think it could be, will be lackluster as per usual. 

You can tell with the picks and lack of trades that everyone learned their lesson after Vegas.

I welcome the Kraken into the middling Pacific division where we all get steamrolled by Colorado and Vegas.

Just now, coopaloop1234 said:

You can tell with the picks and lack of trades that everyone learned their lesson after Vegas.

I welcome the Kraken into the middling Pacific division where we all get steamrolled by Colorado and Vegas.

I think they'll still be a good team. They appear to have solid D and should get good goaltending, kind of feels like they're built like the Islanders. 

2 hours ago, motowngoalie said:

Man, I'm loving the jerseys. I wasn't sold on the color scheme initially, but wow. That navy home sweater is beautiful.

I wasn't initially sold either, but seeing them at the draft they were sweet. Love the 3 tone blue with the accented red

1 hour ago, insertnamehere said:

That's the NHL at its best hahaha, everyone hyping up the event and then only a few notable trades happen

3 hours ago, motowngoalie said:

Man, I'm loving the jerseys. I wasn't sold on the color scheme initially, but wow. That navy home sweater is beautiful.

cropped_GettyImages-1234101075.jpg

chris-tanev-kraken-072121-getty-ftrjpeg_pfzvtk5xtvmr1l16bbmbb34uj.jpg

Agreed.  I am floored by how the jerseys look in real life.  The only nitpicky thing I've said about the entire presentation of the Kraken from the beginning was that the logo, outlined in dark blue, gets drowned on the dark blue jersey, making the logo look smaller.

Then, one of my teammates yesterday found somewhere saying the white jersey has "an even larger S logo", implying it is physically larger and not just an optical illusion. 

I'm not sure how much I buy that.  What do you think?  Is it a thing for the logo to be physically different sizes on the dark and white jersey?

(left to right) Haydn Fluery, Jamie Oleksiak, Brandon Tanev, Mark Giordarno, Jordan Elebre and Chris Driedger posing in the new kraken jerseys at Gas Works park post-Expansion draft

(left to right) Haydn Fluery, Jamie Oleksiak, Brandon Tanev, Mark Giordarno, Jordan Elebre and Chris Driedger posing in the new kraken jerseys at Gas Works park post-Expansion draft - facing away from camera

2 hours ago, insertnamehere said:

I think Seattle will be busy.  As of now, they have ~32M in cap space AND no first line forwards.  I think Seattle is 2 or 3 big name, top line Forwards away from being really solid and it seems like that is the general consensus around pundits and such.

They were required to spend 48M yesterday and only spent 49M.

Edited by seagoal

46 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Seattle's first game is in Vegas and first home game hosting the Canucks :)