Seattle Kraken Expansion Team

seagoal

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Rink 1 at the training center.  These are actual Kraken players this morning.

The facility opened this past Monday for private events and the public grand opening is tomorrow.  I have tickets for a guided tour this evening.

image of ice rink with Kraken S logo, Virginia Mason logo, Alaska Airlines logo and text that reads Kraken Community Iceplex.

Edited by seagoal
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Looks like a nice place.  Going to be any beer league games in there?

Yes, for sure.  Our beer league is now the official Kraken league and this training facility is our headquarters.  We'll still play at the other local rinks though.

We don't really know yet what the vibe will be for locker room or parking lot beers, but my guess is that ot will be on the strict side given how focused on youth hockey and PR this place is.  

There is a legit restaurant/pub upstairs though so we all are hoping they're open until midnight so we can drink after hockey.

Edited by seagoal
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Yes, for sure.  Our beer league is now the official Kraken league and this training facility is our headquarters.  We'll still play at the other local rinks though.

We don't really know yet what the vibe will be for locker room or parking lot beers, but my guess is that ot will be on the strict side given how focused on youth hockey and PR this place is.  

There is a legit restaurant/pub upstairs though so we all are hoping they're open until midnight so we can after hockey.

Nice.  I sometimes play at the Islanders' practice rink.  We haven't had issues with hanging out in the lot afterwards.  Hopefully it stays that way.

Same with the Flyers' rink.

But they have an entire facility built on the other side of the building that you can't access or even drive to. The jabronis are only allowed to park in the front of the building with the sides being fenced off.

Scram you scrubs!

Edited by MTH