Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
seagoal

Seattle Kraken Expansion Team

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, jeff da goalie said:

Seattle Overcaffeinated Hipsters.  This guy would be their logo.  The color scheme would be plaid.

Image result for seattle hipster

Hey now, I play for two teams with plaid in the color scheme (one red, one green).  It works in an ironic sort of way.  We pulled players from both teams for a recent tournament and called ourselves Hipster Christmas.

It also just hit me that the guy who designed both jerseys looks slightly like the dude pictured above although I've never seen him wear a douchey hat like that one...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Puckstopper said:

Hey now, I play for two teams with plaid in the color scheme (one red, one green).  It works in an ironic sort of way.  We pulled players from both teams for a recent tournament and called ourselves Hipster Christmas.

It also just hit me that the guy who designed both jerseys looks slightly like the dude pictured above although I've never seen him wear a douchey hat like that one...

You said ironic.  You must be a hipster. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jeff da goalie said:

You said ironic.  You must be a hipster. ;)

LOL, totally!   I even wear skinny hockey pants.  I used to wear Kenesky for the retro factor, but now it's way too mainstream for me so I make my pads out of upcycled Styrofoam packing material and organic, environmentally friendly vegan leather.  

Edited by Puckstopper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Mercer Arena looked pretty rad. Watched some of that game while drinking a Rainier, eating some Taco Time food, and reading insight magazine. I even subscribed to Rolling Stone after watching the commercial with Richard Lewis.

The white dashers - I think the rink was sunken in the arena. The doors for the Zamboni only opened above the dasher. So the Zamboni had to drop into the rink. The gates to the benches were tight and pretty high up. Even the benches were tiered with the teams sitting on opposite sides of the rink.

The corners were tight. But not a 90 degree corner. Maybe a 10' radius. I played on a rink with actual 90 degree corners. Mercer at least were rounded. The wrap arounds were impossible I'd assume at Mercer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/12/2018 at 7:38 AM, MTH said:

The Mercer Arena looked pretty rad. Watched some of that game while drinking a Rainier, eating some Taco Time food, and reading insight magazine. I even subscribed to Rolling Stone after watching the commercial with Richard Lewis.

The white dashers - I think the rink was sunken in the arena. The doors for the Zamboni only opened above the dasher. So the Zamboni had to drop into the rink. The gates to the benches were tight and pretty high up. Even the benches were tiered with the teams sitting on opposite sides of the rink.

The corners were tight. But not a 90 degree corner. Maybe a 10' radius. I played on a rink with actual 90 degree corners. Mercer at least were rounded. The wrap arounds were impossible I'd assume at Mercer.

Zamboni couldn't go into the corner, they had guys with squeegees pushing the water into the corner after scraping it with snow shovels.  The stands were a horseshoe, so the visiting goalie would be at the end with fans behind the net for 2 periods.  Also, the stands were VERY steep, so the fans were right on top of the action.  Visitors came onto the ice in the corner of the home team end.  You would emerge from behind a curtain and as SOOOOON as the fans on the other side could see you, they would start booing.  It was the first road WHL arena I had played in... to say it was eye opening to a 17 year old is an understatement!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately, no name or colors yet.

Just official approval that Seattle is now an NHL city, albeit deferred to season 2021-22. I think big picture that's a good thing but selfishly many folks around town, myself included,  are a bit bummed out having to wait an extra season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would expect a sloooooooow roll out the name then the colors then the uniforms - one at a time.

and a mascot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Unfortunately, no name or colors yet.

Just official approval that Seattle is now an NHL city, albeit deferred to season 2021-22. I think big picture that's a good thing but selfishly many folks around town, myself included,  are a bit bummed out having to wait an extra season. 

We're bummed about it up here in Vancouver too. We're excited to have our version of the Battle of Alberta / California Gauntlet.

We just need a sweet sports name for our teams area.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Battle of the PN/SW

;)

Even Bettman acknowledged the Canucks in the announcement. It will be fun.  

Vancouver might get an actual bus trip for a change. 

Edited by seagoal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Starbucks aside, I 100% support green as a primary color.

It's drastically underused in the NHL.

I live in the Dallas area soooo, I'm not really familiar with the lack of green...

4 minutes ago, jeff da goalie said:

I think the Seattle Amazons would be great corporate branding and would thoroughly confuse everyone.  

That would be funny. I could live with a dark grey (or cardboard brown) primary color and a sky blue secondary color.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Starbucks aside, I 100% support green as a primary color.

It's drastically underused in the NHL.

Yea it's too bad Dallas is almost the same colour. Would've been great for Seattle.

Especially using Vancouver's secondary colour as your main? It would be cute seeing you guys trying to fit in.

Seguin-Benn.jpg.e7f2fdcf964e1e8c5b3f835a9751a2be.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ha, it would be cute.

17 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

I live in the Dallas area soooo, I'm not really familiar with the lack of green...

That would be funny. I could live with a dark grey (or cardboard brown) primary color and a sky blue secondary color.

I never said there is a lack of green.

I  said green in underused.  I think Seattle should use a darker forest green, a neon green, or an emerald green.

We certainly don't need anymore blue or red as primary colors and sport gold is getting lots of use lately, too.

Sky/baby blue would be awesome, too.  That color isn't evocative of the area like green is (we barely see the sky here, ever), but I love that color.

Edited by seagoal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, seagoal said:

I never said there is a lack of green.

I  said green in underused.  I think Seattle should use a darker forest green, a neon green, or an emerald green.

My bad. Misread that. 

Cardboard brown is now my vote for primary and is followed by starbucks green as a very close second pick.

Also here you go: http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/25440967/uni-watch-delivers-winning-entries-seattle-nhl-design-contest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The obvious choice for team cohesion here would be neon green and really dark navy blue.  I could get behind that.

I think there'd be some marketing concerns with cardboard brown, haha  ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

I vote for starbucks green as the primary color and a sort of cream as the secondary color.

1200px-Starbucks_Corporation_Logo_2011.svg.png

"Look at this. Yeah, nobody else wears green and cream..."

1067332616.jpeg&c=sc&w=850&h=560

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MTH said:

"Look at this. Yeah, nobody else wears green and cream..."

1067332616.jpeg&c=sc&w=850&h=560

Haha, Minnesota can have the Christmas look. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MTH said:

"Look at this. Yeah, nobody else wears green and cream..."

Yeah I realized that after I posted that lol. Didn't bother to change it because I knew someone would poke some fun at it.

2 minutes ago, seagoal said:

The obvious choice for team cohesion here would be neon green and really dark navy blue.  I could get behind that.

I think there'd be some marketing concerns with cardboard brown, haha  ;)

Sort of Canucks? Maybe we need a color no one else has in the NHL, like cardboard brown. Or other bright colors like you mentioned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...