Seattle Kraken Expansion Team

seagoal

1 hour ago, seagoal said:

image.png.1dd4bdc527ec442d093b1f3eff3beaf7.png

Unfortunately, this just feels like a miss to me.

For awhile, expansion was good. The Senators and sharks were done well.

Between the predators, wild and thrashers, we had a wave of cheesy expansion teams.

Vegas and the Jets (relocation) seemed to be righting the ship

Unfortunately, it feels like marketing or advertising people that don't understand hockey had too much control over this one.

1 hour ago, TheGoalNet said:

Unfortunately, this just feels like a miss to me.

For awhile, expansion was good. The Senators and sharks were done well.

Between the predators, wild and thrashers, we had a wave of cheesy expansion teams.

Vegas and the Jets (relocation) seemed to be righting the ship

Unfortunately, it feels like marketing or advertising people that don't understand hockey had too much control over this one.

So it’s like Montreal, royal and navy blue. 

Big, fat miss.

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

If they're going with a bird for their AHL team, then it's plainly obvious that the NHL team is 100% going to be:

3981152_0.jpg.e859e5f63c8ae608ea45a1cb21241b1e.jpg.7e2958d831c9a6e2a665fa2b38ff1285.jpg

Ha, nice.

SeaBirds.  SeaPigeons. SeaGulls.  SeaHawks....err....SeaFalcons.  SeaGeese.  SeaPuffins.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, RyanR3KC said:

They should buy the name Thunderbirds from the local minor league team and be done with it

i would be on board with Firebirds

Thunderbirds are a junior team, not minor league.  So they're unrelated and I'm sure the Tbirds don't want their identity taken.  

37 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Thunderbirds are a junior team, not minor league.  So they're unrelated and I'm sure the Tbirds don't want their identity taken.  

Plus the University of British Columbia's Hockey and Football teams are called the Thunderbirds too.

It would be stepping on a few toes.

Edited by coopaloop1234

3 hours ago, Colander said:

For those of you removed from the pacific northwest, a long time ago (early '80s?) Seattle dubbed itself "The Emerald City". So "Wizards" or "Flying Monkeys" - take your pick....

Yep.  I mean, it is extremely green here thanks to the rain .

On 8/15/2019 at 1:10 PM, coopaloop1234 said:

Plus the University of British Columbia's Hockey and Football teams are called the Thunderbirds too.

It would be stepping on a few toes.

I’m sure the city of Seattle would love to step on all the toes in BC or Vancouver. 

And worrying about a Junior A team? You know they would love to have the money in a name buyout. 

21 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

@seagoal

So I managed to see these bad boys in action yesterday.

Untitled.png.d16ef56d5226e6eafb18468c1357ce83.png

They were so obnoxiously bright. Buddy made them match their jerseys very well, but man was it an eyesore.

Nice.  I like those as they are but I can see them being a bit much with matching jerseys.

Good case for a plain off color jersey. 

The next stage for the ownership group bringing an expansion franchise to Seattle is to decide on a name, and according to Sportsnet’s Chris Johnston, the group intends to make an announcement on what the name will be before this year’s all-star break in January.

“It sounds as though they’re very, very close behind the scenes on finalizing that name and they intend to release that name to the public before the all-star break,” Johnston said during Hockey Night in Canada’s Headlines segment. “So we’ll start to get a little bit of personality to go with that team.”...

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/nhls-seattle-franchise-announce-team-name-star-game/