Imperative’s 2018-2019 Season

Imperative

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this was my worst game of the season. It was a bad combination of me playing awful and having the worst string of bad bounces I think I have ever had in one game. I managed to score on myself, my d scored 2 goals on me and they had a shot that was going a Mile wide hit their own guys arm and go in. 

Inordinately large amount of s**thouse luck for your opponents on probably 30% of the goals. Your opponents were also shooting a lot through your D's feet trying to generating what I call the “poor man’s screen”.

Lots of great saves Cam – I’ll take your “bad game” any day!

3 hours ago, cwarnar said:

Rough one Cam... One thing I must say, you've got great feet and crease movement.  We've all been there as @TheGoalNet would say ;)

It was a rough one, especially after playing well on Tuesday against one of our toughest opponents. I try to have good feet and often when I have a bad game I feel like I wasn’t moving well and then I watch the footage and it is not as bad as a thought. Unfortunatly it goes the other way when I play well, I don’t look as good as I felt I was playing , haha.

3 hours ago, Colander said:

Inordinately large amount of s**thouse luck for your opponents on probably 30% of the goals. Your opponents were also shooting a lot through your D's feet trying to generating what I call the “poor man’s screen”.

Lots of great saves Cam – I’ll take your “bad game” any day!

It was definelty their statagy was to just throw pucks at the net and hope for bounces and they got them. A couple weeks ago when we played them they just tried stretch passes and trying to get breakaways and odd man rushes. Thanks for the compliment!

6 hours ago, Fullright said:

No worries Cam. Sometimes you just don't get the bounces. File it away and just move onto the next one. All good, bud.

Thanks Joe, I get a bit of a shot of redemption Thursday night here, hopefully get back in the win column  after back to back ties. 

latest shinny. It was only 10 days but it felt like two months between skates. Last time I sharpened my skates I picked up a set of toe hooks, this was the first time using them, they suck. You can see the first time they come loose I skate to the corner and reattach them, they come loose again this time they get cut you can see me throw some of it in the net and rip the rest of it out to stop tripping me. I ordered kenesky toe ties that showed up today so I’ll see how those work out. 

On 12/31/2018 at 8:09 PM, Fullright said:

Sharp saves @ :42 & 2:01 just to cite a few. Look good, man!

Thanks Joe! 

On 1/1/2019 at 11:39 AM, Patrick Roy's Wink said:

Nice game, you made some big saves. Loved the way you tracked the puck at the 40 second mark. 

Thanks, I wasn’t feeling 💯 in this skate but it went ok

first game of the new year. I was a little scrambled at times and I had my one d man tip a couple past me, the fort one he tipped was going high blocker it came off his stick and totally handcuffed me I didn’t move as it went over my left shoulder. Overall I played ok made a couple breakaway saves, the boys even game me the Viking helmet as player of the game. The only other times I have gotten the helmet was when I got shutouts. 

Nice game Cam!  Your rebound control was very solid.  Not much for 2nd/3rd chances and most pucks you either ate up or put into the corners.

Really sweet blocker save at 5:13 (thought you were beat) and the toe drag breakaway save at 6:21 was solid.  Well deserved on the POG

Interesting. My toe hooks have been through 6 years, 2 1/2 sets of pads (I only wore one set for a week or so), and 3 pairs of skates without breaking once. Last Saturday one of them finally snapped. I'm on the ice roughly every other day. If you don't like the toe hooks so be it, to each their own. You look good! Nice helmet!

2 hours ago, cwarnar said:

Nice game Cam!  Your rebound control was very solid.  Not much for 2nd/3rd chances and most pucks you either ate up or put into the corners.

Really sweet blocker save at 5:13 (thought you were beat) and the toe drag breakaway save at 6:21 was solid.  Well deserved on the POG

Thanks @cwarnar! It felt pretty good for the boys to recognize me in a game where I gave up 5 and they put up 13. 

1 hour ago, southpawtendy48 said:

Sorry those toe hooks didn’t work out. I’ve never had them pop out before, but that’s gotta suck 

Yeah it sucked, I hooked them into my laces exactly as they directed and they released twice 2nd time I cut the left pad hook. 

58 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Interesting. My toe hooks have been through 6 years, 2 1/2 sets of pads (I only wore one set for a week or so), and 3 pairs of skates without breaking once. Last Saturday one of them finally snapped. I'm on the ice roughly every other day. If you don't like the toe hooks so be it, to each their own. You look good! Nice helmet!

I picked up a set of Kenesky bungee ties and they had worked great through two games and a shinny. 

https://youtu.be/sHr1kBkO870

2nd game of the new year. I played decent early but as the game went on the boys let off the gas a bit and let the panthers put some pressure on us. In games like that when I have held a shutout and the opposition finally score it seems like it gives them so much life. The same thing happened when we played the Brutes a few weeks ago. 

13 hours ago, cwarnar said:

Turn the page Cam... you got shelled and still held your own...

Thanks! Big game tonight against the Brutes again. They beat us down in the first game, I played probably my game of the season in a 3-3 tie in the 2nd. We have another depleted lineup with a couple keys guys are hurt, some sick and one guy is gone for the season. So it could be another game where I get shelled. 

Archived