Imperative’s 2018-2019 Season

Imperative

this game felt a lot more like a shinny than a game, wide open at both ends, not really any defence(the Rangers has it much worse than me, his teammates were giving my teammates pizzas all night long). I managed to make a couple “circus saves” but also got scored on a lot and managed to win in the end. 

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was the very definition of a beer league goalie game.  Solid stops, handful of goals given up and no help.

Loved your puck tracking at 1:24 and the sequence at 8:35 was epic.  Solid win... lots of really high quality chances you shut down.  Nicely done Cam

It was a bit wild for sure. I think it was the only game so far where we had less than 10 skaters which meant we only had 3 d men and to be brutally honest the wrong 3 if you know what I mean, haha. When 10 and 4 were my d men I was on high alert as they are good for multiplie pizzas per game. 

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, cwarnar said:

Solid game Cam!

Was that beer league defense at its finest at 0:31???  Unheard of!  The penalty shot call was a bit of a stretch... and you almost had that as well.  Loved the sequence at 5:13.  Very nice back door recovery.

Thanks! It was a bit of a beer league game, haha. I guess that team home game rule is any penalty is a penalty shot, it was a bit of a soft call but it ended up being the only penalty call, there probably should’ve been more. Overall I felt pretty good, all their goals came in about 2 minutes, they had the penalty shot goal and then 2 quick ones and then we tried to shutdown 17 who was the Center of their offence. 

On February 24, 2019 at 2:23 PM, cwarnar said:

Solid game Cam!

Was that beer league defense at its finest at 0:31???  Unheard of!  The penalty shot call was a bit of a stretch... and you almost had that as well.  Loved the sequence at 5:13.  Very nice back door recovery.

at :31 that d man owed me, he scored 2 on me a few games ago, i told him he has to save another goal before we are even, haha. 

7 hours ago, Colander said:

I watched this on my lunch break, so nowhere near enough time to comment on all those great saves. I'll sum your performance up in one word -  bulletproof! (pretty well literally)

had a rough 2 minutes in there and then we were able to lock it down and shut the door, which was good because we didn't score anymore after that either. 

5 hours ago, Fullright said:

Scared the hell out of me at 3:04. 😀 Nice win against a pretty good team. Your game is so disciplined. Always see guys with just the heel or part of the blade flat on the ice but not you. You always have your entire blade flat on the ice. Great job, Cam.

I scared myself at 3:04, haha i looked up to see who was there to pass to and almost missed it. You know JOE my puck handling skills are less than stellar, haha. I blame it on the fact that I shoot right handed and am kind of forced to play the puck left handed as a goalie. 

8 hours ago, cwarnar said:

Decent skate for you... Always really tough to totally into a shinny.

Really like the perspective change... I may have to try that!

I don’t shinny’s to be super helpful for my game, it is much slower than a game, guys have all kinds of time and space to make a move, or a pass. I also was not feeling this shinny at all, it was supposed to be a game but the opposition cancelled last minute. I do like mixing it up with this view to film from, I usually mount it at the hash marks and on narrow view on the GoPro. 

latest game, it was a struggle for me. I took a puck off of my knee and few weeks ago and hadn’t bothered me at all until earlier in the day of this game and then it was painful to go down and get back up and it showed in my game. It was also a difficult game to get comfortable in for me, the boys would just hem them in for long stretches and the only time I seemed to get a shot would be a breakaway or an odd man rush. I wasn’t very busy and I wasn’t very good but the boys managed to outscore my bad goaltending. 

Have you made a decision on knee protection?

You definitely didn't look like your normal smooth self... Overall I wouldn't say you were bad... just an off skate.  I'm the same way, I prefer to get shelled vs sporadic shots with high scoring chances.

Unreal stop at  1:15 with the split toe...

Thanks man. I haven’t made a decision on knee protection I am not sure if I will pick anything up before the end of my season, I only have 3 or so games left. I was definitely off this game, watching it myself I don’t look like I am struggling to move but I was in discomfort all game. Luckily the boys game me some “run support” to pull out the win. 

No doubt about the toe and more than a few others. Hard game to get a flow established when you get sporadic work. Throw in a dinged knee and the deck is stacked against you. But you got better as the game went on. Just a rocky first half or so. Credit for that; some just chuck it in. 

No knee pads? You use your legs way too much to get away with that for too long. That's kinda risky, Brother Cam, because almost all the guys you play can fire big time. Hope you're knee is ok....weird how it came on. Is it going to keep you off?

15 hours ago, Fullright said:

No doubt about the toe and more than a few others. Hard game to get a flow established when you get sporadic work. Throw in a dinged knee and the deck is stacked against you. But you got better as the game went on. Just a rocky first half or so. Credit for that; some just chuck it in. 

No knee pads? You use your legs way too much to get away with that for too long. That's kinda risky, Brother Cam, because almost all the guys you play can fire big time. Hope you're knee is ok....weird how it came on. Is it going to keep you off?

No it won’t keep me out, it was a little sore for a day or 2 after that game but it feels fine now, I have played twice and another game tonight since this game and it felt fine. My game this past Tuesday I felt and looked much better than this game. 

On 3/7/2019 at 1:12 PM, Fullright said:

I know you take care of yourself off the ice but age catches up with all of us and it certainly has with me: IcyHot with Lidocaine. It is an over the counter ointment and it helps with stressed out joints.

It sure does Joe, I turned 35 this season and I have been much more sore after games than I have in the past, even with doing stretching, foam rolling and other things to recover.  

• 2 weeks later...

i am 4-5 games behind editing but here is a game from the 5th. Back in the 2/3 sized rink, always makes for a faster game and mistakes in the offensive zone come back much quicker than in a nhl sized rink. This was a back and forth game, we were up then fell behind and then scored a couple late to win. 

6 hours ago, Imperative said:

i am 4-5 games behind editing but here is a game from the 5th. Back in the 2/3 sized rink, always makes for a faster game and mistakes in the offensive zone come back much quicker than in a nhl sized rink. This was a back and forth game, we were up then fell behind and then scored a couple late to win. 

Holy breakaways batman!!!  Some really good stops in that one Cam!  I can only imagine the increased offense in the smaller rink

@Imperative

Not sure if you did it intentionally or not (it looked pretty intentional) but what you did at 2:15 is pretty smart. Rather than over-sliding and leaving more of the net open you wrapped your legs around the post to keep yourself somewhat in net. I might need to try that. Or I just need to manage my pushes a little better.

Archived