Imperative’s 2018-2019 Season

Imperative

42 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

@Imperative

Not sure if you did it intentionally or not (it looked pretty intentional) but what you did at 2:15 is pretty smart. Rather than over-sliding and leaving more of the net open you wrapped your legs around the post to keep yourself somewhat in net. I might need to try that. Or I just need to manage my pushes a little better.

It was intentional but not to stop the slide, I thought the puck had beat my first leg and I wrapped around the 2nd leg hoping it would hit me. Turned out he missed so it worked out, haha. 

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well my go pro died with about 5 minutes left in the first 35 minute period so i missed most of the game. That said this was probably my worst game of the season,  I was off my angles(first goal I was at least 1' or more off my angle). Kind of rattled all game but managed to make a literal final second save to preserve the win 9-8. 

well here is game one of 3 games in 4 days from last week. The sevens are a young and quick team and we have pretty clean games with them. I felt like I played a decent game kind of a bad rebound on the 1st goal, 2nd one things broke down in front of me, third was a good move to the middle but it did go between my glove and my body. 

Really good game in that last one, great rebound control for most of it.

Some observations I had on those goals were that the first one was unlucky imo, second one you turned your body away from the puck at the last second, and third one there was nothing you could’ve done except maybe hop up to your feet to get a better push across, again these are just observations I’m making because everyone makes mistakes like that :) 

my GoPro has been giving me some issues lately. I had it fully charged and the battery pac fully charged as well, put it up started to record and it turned itself off after a minute and I couldn’t get it to turn back on. So I missed the 1st and 2nd period, during the flood I pulled it apart too the battery out and put it back in and caught the third period. This was the 2nd game of the 3 in 4 days. 

here is game 3 in 4 with a snowboarding day in between, haha. My legs were pretty fatigued by the end of this game. The thrashers are probably one of the weaker teams we play but we also didn’t bring our “A” squad either. That said I did have a decent amount of shots on me. I do have a pad stack in honor of @Fullright in this game as well. 

Scrambling on time so I have to watch Leafs' game later. So you were out of your mind against the Thrashers. Great game! I don't understand how your team gives up so many breakaways. Vikings are a good team but you get more breakaways than me. Very kind about the pad stack but I don't know what to call the stop you made. :)  Wow! Don't think I've ever done that. The last time I saw one like that it was by Quick and before him, Ranford. Very great game, Cam.

14 hours ago, Fullright said:

Scrambling on time so I have to watch Leafs' game later. So you were out of your mind against the Thrashers. Great game! I don't understand how your team gives up so many breakaways. Vikings are a good team but you get more breakaways than me. Very kind about the pad stack but I don't know what to call the stop you made. :)  Wow! Don't think I've ever done that. The last time I saw one like that it was by Quick and before him, Ranford. Very great game, Cam.

Well we were beating the thrashers pretty badly and the Vikings lineup was very poor in that game literally only 2 guys in the thrasher game played in the other two previous games. That is why it was bad defence all night in front of me. 

45 minutes ago, cwarnar said:

Solid season Cam...I thought you looked really strong in this one.  A few unlucky bounces resulting in some garbage goals in tight.

How did the one at 5:08 go in?  The angle on the cam wasn't clear

Thanks! Yeah bounces didn’t go my way especially on the 4th goal for some reason my winger out it right on the guy in fronts stick. The 3rd goal there I stood up because that guy was trying to go high short side all night. Instead of cheating by going down early I cheated by standing straight up, I didn’t even watch the release of the shot and it went between my legs. 

This was a bit of a different tourney as there were only 5 teams. We finished 2-0 in the round robin so we went to the A final. 3 teams were 1-1 so it came down to goals differential. We played the Canadians friday night beating them 7-2 ( i don't have footage because the glass was so frosted up the go pro wouldn't suction to the glass). The canadians had the best goal differential so we played them again saturday afternoon. This game was much tighter and took until 2 seconds left in 3 on 3 OT to decide. It was nice to finish off the season winning the tourney. I do have a couple shinnys that i ran 2 cameras for so ill try and get some dual cam footage together, other than that, I am done for the season and probably won't back on the ice until July or august 

14 hours ago, Fullright said:

Did you stop that at 4:47?

I thought you played great in a clutch game. Expertly done. Looks like it got a little "hard" out there too. Congrats on an excellent season, Cam!

No Joe I think that one hit a skate before it got to me at 4:47. Oh it was a tight game that got physical at times, there was a couple hundred dollars on the game so it was a bit amped up. Even the timekeeper placed a bet on us the Vikings winning, haha. I told him he was welcome after we won. 

22 minutes ago, cwarnar said:

Dual Cam is trippy AF.  I do like the side view... Reminds me i need to give it a go at a pick up.

Did you ditch the Vaughns you were rotating awhile back?

Yeah dual cam is a bit weird. I sold the Vaughn’s to the other guy who usually plays in the shinny’s 

Archived