Imperative’s 2018-2019 Season

Imperative

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
6 hours ago, Imperative said:

after facing a constant stream of breakaways and 2-0’s in the previous skate this one had more structure and we played 10 minutes past our ice time until my side finally scored  

That was a great workout!  Made a ton of really nice saves.  That water bottle pop at 4:10 was pretty epic!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, cwarnar said:

That was a great workout!  Made a ton of really nice saves.  That water bottle pop at 4:10 was pretty epic!

It was a fun skate, felt a bit more like a game situation unlike the first skate where it was wide open. The ice was also way heavier in penhold than it was in three hills so it made it a bit slower play in front of me and in the way I moved. 

latest shinny. I was wearing a new to me vaughn set of v4’s. I forgot to put Passau sliding polish on them beforehand so they didn’t slide quite as well even though it is weave on the sliding area. Few notes on the pads, I forgot how much I hate leather straps on my legs, the Velcro on my Brians are so much more comfortable than the leather straps. I didn’t play great in this skate, I played a late game the night before ( I didn’t film as the refs in that league don’t like the GoPro inside the glass) and I didn’t get home until the wee hours of the morning. 

40 minutes ago, Fullright said:

Good luck!

Thanks Joe! I ended up winning 12-5. I wasn’t able to film it on my GoPro as the league I subbed in doesn’t like the gopros inside the glass. I played ok, made a couple of saves that should’ve been goals but gave up a couple goals that should’ve been saves. I am 1-0 on the season though a win is a win right? Haha

• Like 1

latest shinny. I picked up a set of used vaughn’s 7800 pads, epic glove and 7600 blocker. Glove isn’t even fully broken in and I can’t completely close it. As far as the skate, I am not where I need to be with my game, that is for sure. 

1 hour ago, Fullright said:

Congrats Cam....all that matters is you won. Good start to the season

Joe I played another game on Saturday again in the league that doesn’t allow the GoPro on the ice so no footage, I had a couple of real bad bounces one goal shot was going a mile wide and hit my d mans skate and in, another I got a piece then hit the cross bar and off my d man and In, still managed to win 10-8 but I didn’t feel very good about my game.