Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Imperative

Imperative’s 2018-2019 Season

Recommended Posts

lastest shinny. Back in the vaughn and retro kings jersey. I am getting more comfortable with the Vaughn’s weave on the sliding surface plus Passau gliding polish makes them slide quite nicely. Next video with be Vikings first game of the season. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice skate Cam.  How do you like the white base vs dark base on your Brians?

Glove hand was really hot in this skate...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Were you consciously staying on your feet more for plays originating behind the net and by the goal line in the corner? It seemed like you were up on your feet more in these scenarios in this latest video. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, cwarnar said:

Nice skate Cam.  How do you like the white base vs dark base on your Brians?

Glove hand was really hot in this skate...

Thanks @cwarnar! I don’t know if there is a huge difference between the white vs black gear, I thought about doing a video about it I know guys like VOGoalie and @Trav4oilers have done white vs black gear. I would have to ask the guys shooting against me if they notice a difference. Glove was a bit better this skate I did get sniped over my left shoulder I feel like I am not tracking the puck quite as well as I have in the past. 

8 hours ago, WillyGrips13 said:

Were you consciously staying on your feet more for plays originating behind the net and by the goal line in the corner? It seemed like you were up on your feet more in these scenarios in this latest video. 

I have trying to stay on me feet more and being patient in all scenarios. I think I was just a little more successful in this latest skate. As far as down low plays and staying on my feet it depends on the threat of a tight cross crease pass, if there is a threat I like to be down and have my paddle in the lane to knock down a pass. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Imperative said:

I would have to ask the guys

I'd be curious... I had a summer skate with a white 2X Pro Demo set and guys were commenting how I looked bigger.  Not sure if it was the white gear or the straighter pad profile.

I have a drastically different color scheme in mind for my next set

Edited by cwarnar
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, cwarnar said:

I'd be curious... I had a summer skate with a white 2S Pro Demo set and guys were commenting how I looked bigger.  Not sure if it was the white gear or the straighter pad profile.

I have a drastically different color scheme in mind for my next set

When I busted out my blue set, I received quite a few questions if I had bought skinnier pads.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, cwarnar said:

I'd be curious... I had a summer skate with a white 2X Pro Demo set and guys were commenting how I looked bigger.  Not sure if it was the white gear or the straighter pad profile.

I have a drastically different color scheme in mind for my next set

44 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

When I busted out my blue set, I received quite a few questions if I had bought skinnier pads.

I have been listening to Ingoal magazine podcast and they have had guys like Ian Clark on there and the argument with white gear is that edges of white are not as easily defined as a solid colour. I have also been listening to Mike McKenna’s podcast and he who is a fan of black based sets argues that in a game situation players don’t have the time and space to take a long look and aim at what space they see. He said players are trying to hit a specific spot ie over the pad under the blocker, under the bar and it is not dependent on where the goalie is. I kind of think that is true. Watching these early NHL games and especially seeing the slow motion replays, the shooter often has their head down while firing the shot off. 

I have also had a conversation with a childhood buddy who is still playing pro over in Europe and I asked him if as a shooter he is looking and aiming at open spots he sees around the goalie or is he just trying to hit a spot in the net. He said he will look if it is a situation where he has a brief second to look and aim before a shot but most of the time he is trying to hit a certain spot in the net. 

That said watching guys like Crawford or Adin Hill in all black gear, they do look a little smaller and the edges are clearly defined and don’t blend like white gear. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Imperative said:

I have been listening to Ingoal magazine podcast and they have had guys like Ian Clark on there and the argument with white gear is that edges of white are not as easily defined as a solid colour. I have also been listening to Mike McKenna’s podcast and he who is a fan of black based sets argues that in a game situation players don’t have the time and space to take a long look and aim at what space they see. He said players are trying to hit a specific spot ie over the pad under the blocker, under the bar and it is not dependent on where the goalie is. I kind of think that is true. Watching these early NHL games and especially seeing the slow motion replays, the shooter often has their head down while firing the shot off. 

I have also had a conversation with a childhood buddy who is still playing pro over in Europe and I asked him if as a shooter he is looking and aiming at open spots he sees around the goalie or is he just trying to hit a spot in the net. He said he will look if it is a situation where he has a brief second to look and aim before a shot but most of the time he is trying to hit a certain spot in the net. 

That said watching guys like Crawford or Adin Hill in all black gear, they do look a little smaller and the edges are clearly defined and don’t blend like white gear. 

That is interesting... But I think an aggravating factor for us beer league guys is that too many times shooters have tons of time and space.  Its not near the speed or skill of the pro game.

Of the 31 teams goalies this season, Crawford, Smith (1/2 time), Dell (3rd jersey), Lehner, Miller. Raatna and Hart (half time) are a color or dark based pad.

I'm all for every advantage I can get.  I think a white based set with some color accents is new wave vs the Price all white

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, cwarnar said:

That is interesting... But I think an aggravating factor for us beer league guys is that too many times shooters have tons of time and space.  Its not near the speed or skill of the pro game.

Of the 31 teams goalies this season, Crawford, Smith (1/2 time), Dell (3rd jersey), Lehner, Miller. Raatna and Hart (half time) are a color or dark based pad.

I'm all for every advantage I can get.  I think a white based set with some color accents is new wave vs the Price all white

It definitely depends on the organization at the NhL level. Chris Joswiak the pro rep for Brians said Demko was going to do the retro Kirk McLean set up with those black pads and Vancouver nixed it. I also know Scrivens when he was with LA was told not to wear his black icebergs in games. 

True story, guys have a lot of time in space in beer league. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...