CCM Blocker Durability

ThatCarGuy

Has anyone else had any problems with their blocker tearing on the bottom right corner (looking at the blocker facing towards you)? I've had both a R1.9 and an E3.5 blocker and they've both torn right on that spot. Both use the fancy speedskin material on the face of the blocker (at least I think it's speedskin). I believe this is the problem as it is the common factor here.

Neither one of those uses the speedskin material.

The E3.5 is an entry level senior item, I wouldn't expect it's durability to stand up well, the 1.9 should last a bit longer. Ultimately we can't determine what the issue is. We don't know the length of time you've been using these blockers or if you use a lot of paddle down or if you're a literal knuckle dragger. ;)

46 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Neither one of those uses the speedskin material.

The E3.5 is an entry level senior item, I wouldn't expect it's durability to stand up well, the 1.9 should last a bit longer.

I messed that first post up, sorry about that. I had a 1.5 senior blocker and a E3.9 intermediate blocker. My bad. I was in a bit of a rush.

The 3.9 was an intermediate and the 1.5 was a senior. The 3.9 outlasted the 1.5 by several months. I'm not really a paddle down goalie. High school kids can pick posts easily so I have my blocker on top of my pads so I'm taller on the post. I talked to Monkey Sports CCM guy and he said it was likely a skate cut. Which makes no sense as I'm not a paddle down goalie and people don't fall too often in front of the net in High school hockey.

I now use a Warrior G3 Senior with Intermediate palm. No complaints.

Archived