TGN Spec X GNetik IV

TheGoalNet

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, wox33 said:

For me I don't love them being on 2 different materials as it kind of breaks up the lines of the graphic. I don't really have any better ideas and until someone said something I didn't even notice as I was too busy drooling over how beautiful the set looks as a whole.

That was that goal, but as you can seem changed very low on the outer roll. I didnt want the logo on the foot, and that would have been the only option.

I think it's just the trade off of a graphic that covers this much real estate... It's hard to put the logos in a cohesive spot

46 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

That was that goal, but as you can seem changed very low on the outer roll. I didnt want the logo on the foot, and that would have been the only option.

I think it's just the trade off of a graphic that covers this much real estate... It's hard to put the logos in a cohesive spot

i dont think there couldve been a better spot for the logos

hard to decide where you would put it with that graphic 

6 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Where would you put the logos?

With a graphic like this it was a challenge and they got moved a few times. It's basically in the same spot on every piece, no? A few people have said this and it's not comments I had intended. I get the iron man comparison.

It’s just a little thing I noticed. maybe a little more separated from the graphic? Yes it’s a challenge but no need to get defensive, I just complimented your gear lol 

52 minutes ago, southpawtendy48 said:

It’s just a little thing I noticed. maybe a little more separated from the graphic? Yes it’s a challenge but no need to get defensive, I just complimented your gear lol 

I am not getting defensive at all. Just asking for your opinion and sharing that the logos moved about 3 different times during the process.

If people are only chirping my logo placement... this is a win!!!

3 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Regarding the B* logos...I would have probably put them on the bottom corners of the gloves, which isn't much lower than where they currently are.  And on the pads I would have put them and the bottom of the shin portion of the vertical roll.  They look fine to me as is though.

My goal was “as close to stock” as possible 

Ive seen some of the euro pads where they’re down too far on the boot of the pads and I’m not a fan

With that said, maybe it’s something to consider more if I do another set next season 

1 minute ago, TheGoalNet said:

My goal was “as close to stock” as possible 

Ive seen some of the euro pads where they’re down too far on the boot of the pads and I’m not a fan

With that said, maybe it’s something to consider more if I do another set next season 

Oh I definitely wouldn't put it on the boot.  I think they're fine as is.  Just adding to the conversation at the time,

First skate with the nylon strap was too tight. Second was too lose. I am going to try the elastic calf straps next skate. I think that this strapping set up requires elastic.

@Max27 will be happy to know that I will probably be back in tight elastic strapping.

As previously mentioned, I like wearing tight elastic strapping because it gives me a connect feel and still lets the pad rotate. However, after using TGN Spec X Optik and CCM P2 I do think one nylon strap can add some value and further increase responsiveness. That's why I tried the mix here. Each strapping setup is different though and nylon might not work here and honestly might not be required.

The joys of trial and error

2 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

So one was too tight and one was too loose.  Why not slightly tighten it again to see where it gets you?

First, you need to find a house in the woods where three bears live. Are you a small child with curly blond hair? I hear this is a crucial first step.

24 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

So one was too tight and one was too loose.  Why not slightly tighten it again to see where it gets you?

two reasons:

1. to do the nylon straps properly, I think I would need more extra slack to really be able to them around and make sure they stay in the clips.

2. Just a gut feeling that tight elastic is the way to go with this strapping.

11 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

two reasons:

1. to do the nylon straps properly, I think I would need more extra slack to really be able to them around and make sure they stay in the clips.

2. Just a gut feeling that tight elastic is the way to go with this strapping.

Gotcha.  I only asked because you seemed to really want the nylon to work.  I'm sure the elastic will be fine though.

8 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

First skate with the nylon strap was too tight. Second was too lose. I am going to try the elastic calf straps next skate. I think that this strapping set up requires elastic.

@Max27 will be happy to know that I will probably be back in tight elastic strapping.

As previously mentioned, I like wearing tight elastic strapping because it gives me a connect feel and still lets the pad rotate. However, after using TGN Spec X Optik and CCM P2 I do think one nylon strap can add some value and further increase responsiveness. That's why I tried the mix here. Each strapping setup is different though and nylon might not work here and honestly might not be required.

The joys of trial and error

was curious abt the all nylon straps set since i saw it to begin with. i think the all elastic is the way to go

Why don't you get them to make you the upper "optional" strap in nylon and see how that works? That would more closely resemble the strapping setup of TGN Optik.

I honestly don't remember what the GenIV leg channel feels like after trying/ordering so that also may not work. 

3 minutes ago, Aquilzz said:

Why don't you get them to make you the upper "optional" strap in nylon and see how that works? That would more closely resemble the strapping setup of TGN Optik.

I honestly don't remember what the GenIV leg channel feels like after trying/ordering so that also may not work. 

I have faith Brian's designed a good leg channel, no reason to start monkeying around with more crazy ideas. The strapping itself is good, I just couldn't my nylon strapping dialed in. But I also ordered something that was designed or tested before I got it.

I will try the stock elastic next as it's the easiest and most practical solution.

To be clear, my nylon strapping was like a B-... not a complete fail at all and I might go back to it. It's fun to tinker and I am just going for perfection.

Archived