How do you hold your pants up ?

Big2

Not sure if there’s a thread on this, but I would like to know how do goalies hold their pants up?  My son has been using suspenders forever but tonight we played against a goalie who’s pants where not tied in the back !

Can someone elaborate on how many techniques and how there are?

Tried to use suspenders once....at home....didn't work at all.

I have a pair of pants that are way too big for me, and I tuck my C/A.  Front is held up through the belly loop of my C/A using the front laces of my pants.  For the back I fashionned a plate made out of a cheap plastic cutting board that locks into the buton meant for the suspenders that has a 1" nylon strap with a plastic buckle hook to it.  The backplate of my C/A has a nylon strap and buckle also attached to it, that takes care of the back. 

Works wonders.
Cheers.

IMG_20181019_235444865.jpg

IMG_20181019_235339310.jpg

42 minutes ago, Math. said:

Tried to use suspenders once....at home....didn't work at all.

I have a pair of pants that are way too big for me, and I tuck my C/A.  Front is held up through the belly loop of my C/A using the front laces of my pants.  For the back I fashionned a plate made out of a cheap plastic cutting board that locks into the buton meant for the suspenders that has a 1" nylon strap with a plastic buckle hook to it.  The backplate of my C/A has a nylon strap and buckle also attached to it, that takes care of the back. 

Works wonders.
Cheers.

IMG_20181019_235444865.jpg

IMG_20181019_235339310.jpg

That is a fantastic mod.

Well done.

6 minutes ago, seagoal said:

That is a fantastic mod.

Well done.

Thanks.  The really cool thing is that if/when I change pants I just have to unclip it and reclip it to the new pair.  Voilà! 

The thing did 3 pairs of pants so far.

I have the exact same setup as @Math. but in the front, not the back. 

I’m somewhat slim (29” waist) but I like to wear large pants to take up space - don’t hate. 

I connect in front only and tuck my C/A in. After messing with all the other ways of doing it, I love this setup. I feel connected, pants stay up, C/A stays down, but I feel totally unrestricted when going into a deep stance. With suspenders or the connection at the back, I always felt the stretch/resistance at the back when setting down deep. YMMV of course, but it works for me. 

Carabiner on fight strap loop on back of pants and clip it to the spine pad on the C/A.

Carabiner_900x600.jpg

Then use the clip to hang the pants up to dry after the game.

They're a dollar at the register at home depot or wherever. 

The yellow loop is what the carabiner clip does:

capantssetup.jpg

On 10/20/2018 at 6:09 AM, Punisher Goalie said:

I have the exact same setup as @Math. but in the front, not the back. 

I’m somewhat slim (29” waist) but I like to wear large pants to take up space - don’t hate. 

I connect in front only and tuck my C/A in. After messing with all the other ways of doing it, I love this setup. I feel connected, pants stay up, C/A stays down, but I feel totally unrestricted when going into a deep stance. With suspenders or the connection at the back, I always felt the stretch/resistance at the back when setting down deep. YMMV of course, but it works for me. 

Checkmate... i do the same but I added them to the front a nd back...  This  is my V6 but i just added the female ends to my new chesty and I was good to go.

Image-7.thumb.png.3f1611ac288147cfc6f2806f33dcd9c1.pngImage-5.thumb.png.6603ad55f48335abef04ec395566b557.pngImage-1.thumb.png.907aea5c151862cff96232be7f6ebf94.png

Image-7.png

49 minutes ago, Doobiesnax said:

Checkmate... i do the same but I added them to the front a nd back...  This  is my V6 but i just added the female ends to my new chesty and I was good to go.

Image-7.thumb.png.3f1611ac288147cfc6f2806f33dcd9c1.pngImage-5.thumb.png.6603ad55f48335abef04ec395566b557.pngImage-1.thumb.png.907aea5c151862cff96232be7f6ebf94.png

Image-7.png

Very nice.

How is the front end attached to the pants?  Just through the belt?

• 1 month later...

Anybody know of anyone who makes the shock cord suspenders like Monster? I tried to order some with the toe ties but my order never arrived. A fellow goalie let me try his out and I really liked them and I keep burning through the cheap ones available at local stores. 

Archived