Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Max27

New CCM Revolution Line

Recommended Posts

GoalieMonkey released an updated version of the ccm revolution line which is ¨Powered by koho¨

The graphic looks like the eflex 2 graphic in a way but at the same time it doesnt. it has full speedskin and has specs from the p2 and eflex 3, and a super tight fit channel

thoughts?

Screenshot 2018-10-20 at 9.11.41 AM.png

Screenshot 2018-10-20 at 9.14.01 AM.png

Edited by Max27

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Korppi32 said:

The graphic looks more like Koho 590

it does, i meant the far left stripe reminded me of the ef2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Their blog post seemed to say that the glove was an upgraded EF3? Is this line really competitive with the "pro" level equipment or is it more of a "senior" level?

Edit: I've now found the glove on the site and according to the price it is the "pro" level, at least the 599. I think the 597 is the "senior" level.

Edited by TitanG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, TitanG said:

Their blog post seemed to say that the glove was an upgraded EF3? Is this line really competitive with the "pro" level equipment or is it more of a "senior" level?

Based on the description they give and the price point it’s Pro level.. as they have a comparable 597 line as a senior model. That said, the specs are of a soft pad with lots of flex above and below the knee with a tight fit leg channel. Interesting combination... for which I can only think of the beer leaguer who wants all the new bells and whistles in strapping but that same old soft feeling he has in his current setup from 2000. 

They must feel there is enough demand out there to create something like this. Will be interesting to see a review of the gear. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, BadAngle41 said:

Based on the description they give and the price point it’s Pro level.. as they have a comparable 597 line as a senior model. That said, the specs are of a soft pad with lots of flex above and below the knee with a tight fit leg channel. Interesting combination... for which I can only think of the beer leaguer who wants all the new bells and whistles in strapping but that same old soft feeling he has in his current setup from 2000. 

They must feel there is enough demand out there to create something like this. Will be interesting to see a review of the gear. 

Probably pretty accurate guess. With 2 CCM branded lines already and the “Powered by Koho” clearly aimed for nostalgia... I agree that beer leaguers are the prime target.

they were probably always the biggest buyers of the Koho by GM gear?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man I wish they were koho branded. They’d look great with my koho “vintage” sets. 

Yes im a dork. No I don’t care. 

Edited by Mike24
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TitanG said:

Their blog post seemed to say that the glove was an upgraded EF3? Is this line really competitive with the "pro" level equipment or is it more of a "senior" level?

Edit: I've now found the glove on the site and according to the price it is the "pro" level, at least the 599. I think the 597 is the "senior" level.

its a balance of p2 and ef3 specs

and 599 is pro, 597 is senior, 595 is entry level

all the prices are the same as the price point and pro level pads on the ef3 and p2- 

all prices are the rough price. 

pro leg pad is 1600, senior is 800, entry is 500

pro blocker is 500, senior is 250, entry is 150

pro glove is 500,  senior is 260, entry is 180

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Mike24 said:

Man I wish they were koho branded. They’d look great with my koho “vintage” sets. 

Yes im a dork. No I don’t care. 

that wouldve been a great selling point if the line is made for pure nostalgia. especially when they gave a very similar graphic to the 590s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah.  Something about GM not being able to brand them as “Koho” anymore. I’m glad I was able to sets when I did. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mike24 said:

Yeah.  Something about GM not being able to brand them as “Koho” anymore. I’m glad I was able to sets when I did. 

I’ll admit Reebok / RBK always bugged me... but I find Koho vs CCM as tomato / tomoto 

they’re both authentic hockey brands and Lefevre is still under the hood. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/20/2018 at 8:00 PM, TheGoalNet said:

I’ll admit Reebok / RBK always bugged me... but I find Koho vs CCM as tomato / tomoto 

they’re both authentic hockey brands and Lefevre is still under the hood. 

Agreed... and also the entire reason I opted for Koho branded glove and blocker over Reebok when I picked up my set of Retroflexes. 580 Break only came in Koho or Reebok... just couldn't bring myself to get Reebok gear like that even though they were exactly the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/20/2018 at 2:47 PM, BadAngle41 said:

Based on the description they give and the price point it’s Pro level.. as they have a comparable 597 line as a senior model. That said, the specs are of a soft pad with lots of flex above and below the knee with a tight fit leg channel. Interesting combination... for which I can only think of the beer leaguer who wants all the new bells and whistles in strapping but that same old soft feeling he has in his current setup from 2000. 

They must feel there is enough demand out there to create something like this. Will be interesting to see a review of the gear. 

I need to replace my Velocity 1 pads... Those new fancy pads from the 2000s look swell.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MTH said:

I need to replace my Velocity 1 pads... Those new fancy pads from the 2000s look swell.

Hahahaha... I poke fun... but in all fairness I kind of fit into the category I described. I have retroflexes that are pretty damn soft... and I've modified the strapping to be almost entirely elastic and tight while allowing for rotation. 

Demoing a 1X set this week... dipping my toe into the water to see what all the rage is about with stiffer pads and bigger rebounds. Plan on testing 2S set as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tried the 1X demo set last night... and I'll give you they're not dialed in... but I honestly don't want to spend the time to do that... just not for me. I really am more of a softer pad guy who like the rotation with a mostly elastic setup. Maybe I'll be the guy doing a review...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, BadAngle41 said:

Tried the 1X demo set last night... and I'll give you they're not dialed in... but I honestly don't want to spend the time to do that... just not for me. I really am more of a softer pad guy who like the rotation with a mostly elastic setup. Maybe I'll be the guy doing a review...

If you have time I would recommend giving them a couple more goes and just mess around with the strapping a bit. I went from Eflex to my 1X and it took about 4 ice times before I really was comfortable with the strapping setup and how things felt on my legs but now that I have them figured out I don't know if I could use another leg pad. That might just be me and they may just be too stiff for your liking but I wouldn't bail on them just yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anybody have a game review of the Revolution 595 or597 or 599 goalie pads yet? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/20/2018 at 4:10 PM, Mike24 said:

Yeah.  Something about GM not being able to brand them as “Koho” anymore. I’m glad I was able to sets when I did. 

This guy I occasionally do a stick and puck with has some of those Koho branded CCM/Reebok pads. He says to me they cost $1800 and you can still get the Koho brand if you buy them through the NHL. He ordered his through the NHL. Yep. Of course he also took off the skate laces in the toe bridge and had the ILPs on the OUTSIDE. I think he played the previous day’s session like that! Anyway- we were dressing and he kept complaining about how they were rotating the wrong way. I look up and then I had alerted him as to why his pads could have been rotating the wrong way...

I wonder if he is consuming the half-legal herb or something? Or does the NHL he bought them from a different institution than what WE think of as the NHL? Hmmmmmmmmm... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, MTH said:

They're on nhl.com under the store tab.

My bad. So he’s not some weirdo who makes up wild tales, then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/24/2018 at 9:46 AM, BadAngle41 said:

Tried the 1X demo set last night... and I'll give you they're not dialed in... but I honestly don't want to spend the time to do that... just not for me. I really am more of a softer pad guy who like the rotation with a mostly elastic setup. Maybe I'll be the guy doing a review...

On 10/24/2018 at 10:15 AM, wox33 said:

If you have time I would recommend giving them a couple more goes and just mess around with the strapping a bit. I went from Eflex to my 1X and it took about 4 ice times before I really was comfortable with the strapping setup and how things felt on my legs but now that I have them figured out I don't know if I could use another leg pad. That might just be me and they may just be too stiff for your liking but I wouldn't bail on them just yet.

Hey @wox33... I stumbled on this thread and had to laugh. You were 100% right. I ended up ordering 2X Proand found the strapping really easy to dial in. I love the rebounds... and how they're a stiff core but with a soft boot break.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BadAngle41 said:

Hey @wox33... I stumbled on this thread and had to laugh. You were 100% right. I ended up ordering 2X Proand found the strapping really easy to dial in. I love the rebounds... and how they're a stiff core but with a soft boot break.

Oddly enough I was able to go back to a different leg pad haha. I really did like the whole super stiff core and soft break but for some reason or another I could never get a good five hole seal and was getting a lot of cheap ones squeaking in so I went back to a Eflex. I do really miss those hard rebounds though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...